• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i found some Bolshevik armies!!!! but only a few. The rest you'll have to wait for untill i get my book, which i ordered in early Spetember! :mad:
but anyways:

Red 6th Army - Nothern sector, around Archangel, that general area.
18th Rifle Division
19th Rifle Division
1st Kamishinskaya Rifle Division
1st Rifle Division
54th Rifle Division

7th Red Army - Stationed in Petrograd
6th Rifle Division
2nd Rifle Division
19th Division
7th Division in Reserve

Red 5th Army - Ural area, towards Siberia
27th Rifle Division
35th Rifle Division
26th Rifle Division
24th Rifle Division
Composite Cavalry Division

Composite Horse Corps - near and around Tsaritsin (were ever that is.. :D )
1st Partisan Cavalry Brigade
2nd Gorskaya Cavalry Brigade
3rd Don Cavalry Brigade

Thats it for the reds, but i do have some more White Units!
5th Polish Rifle Division - fought in Siberia with Kolchaks army of Siberia.
Might as well do the Siberain armies:

8th Kamskiy Army Corps
15th Votkinsk Rifle Division
16th Sarapul' Rifle Division

Composite Shock Corps
1st Shock Division
2nd Shock Division

1st Mid-Siberian Army Corps
1st, 2nd and 16th Siberian Rifle Divisions

3rd Steppe Army Corps
4th and 7th Steppe Rifle Divisions
There is also the equivalent of a Cavalry Division

4th Siberian Corps
3rd and 15th Siberian Rifle Divisions

If you add these White units to the OOB you'll have a completed White Army in the game :D

Hvae you innclude the czech legion in the white arimes fore the russian civil war? ther should bee about 40000 cechs and 20000 slovakes in russian as an expedtioner corps, and this is about 90% of the armed forces of czechoslovakia.

btw ive got som czech legion pictures wer should i post them?

i didnt mention the Czechoslovak legion in the Order of battle for the Whites. They should, along with Kolchaks Siberian armies, be in the next version of the mod. We have all of the Western etc done, all we need to do is finish off the Siberian armies. After that we have to do Soviet armies, Ukrainian etc.

Well, That Czech Legion is a difficult one, as it wasnt fighting to defeat the reds, but just to break through the red lines to reach the americans send in from the east to rescue them... Same for that american units, they even had strict orders not to be engaged in combats with the reds...

Kaiser Franz said:
i didnt mention the Czechoslovak legion in the Order of battle for the Whites. They should, along with Kolchaks Siberian armies, be in the next version of the mod. We have all of the Western etc done, all we need to do is finish off the Siberian armies. After that we have to do Soviet armies, Ukrainian etc.

Speaking of which, when will the release be, Strategist?

Yes, but they did mange to defeat the reds, this being the first major defeat of the reds, and thus giving the whits a much needet moral bost. But ther should defently bee som event for this, as if the reds had treated them beteter they would not have revolted, and the fact that they did clear most of the siberian rail road of reds thus giving the white betetr control of this major supply line.

Forces and Casualties

peak forces total forces total dead KIA NCD civilian dead WIA PW-MIA
Britain 1,073 307
Canada 4,000 6,000
France 50
United States 12,858 275
Japan 74,000 1,500 350
Czech Legion 100,000 13,000
foreign subtotal 200,000
White Russians 220,000 127,000
Finland 50
Poland
Red Russians 380,000 1,000,000
Russian subtotal 25,000,000
TOTAL 825,000 450,000

Commanders

UK
Maj-Gen. Frederick Cuthbert Poole GOC North Russian Expeditionary Force Mar.1918-Sep.1918
Maj-Gen. William Edmund Ironside GOC North Russian Expeditionary Force Sep. 1918-Oct.1919
Maj-Gen. Lionel Charles Dunsterville British land forces, Caspian Aug.1918-Sep.1918
Gen. George Francis Milne GOC Allied Occupation Forces, Constantinople

US
Maj-Gen. William Sidney Graves GOC American Expeditionary Force Siberia

Canadian
Maj-Gen. J.H. Elmsley GOC Canadian Siberia Expeditionary Force

Whites
Adm. Aleksandr Vasiliyevich Kolchak "Supreme Ruler of Russia" (in the East) 18.11.1918
(d. 02.02.1920)
Gen. Alexei M. Kaledin (d. 13.02.1919)
Gen. Lavr Georgevich Kornilov Commander, Armed Forces of South Russia (d. 13.04.1919)
Gen. Anton Denikin Commander, Armed Forces of South Russia Apr.1919-Apr.1920
Gen. Pyotr Nikolaevich Wrangel Commander Volunteer Army Jan. 1919
Commander Armed Forces of South Russia Apr.1920
Gen. Peter N. Krasnov Hetman, Don Cossacks
Gen. Nikolai Yudenich White Army, Baltics

Polish
Gen. Józef Pilsudski Commander in Chief, Poland
Gen. Wladyslaw Sikorski

Bolshevik Russians:
Gen. Leon Trotsky War Commissar
Marshal Mikhail Nikolaevich Tukhachevski successively: 1st Army, 8th Army, 5th Army, Army of the West
Gen. A.I. Yegorov Army of the Southwest

you guys are in luck today! I have been phoned up by the local book shop....they told me the books i ordered on the Red army in the civil war and Chinese civil war armies are in! I will give you the nessessary OOB when i can.
Then thats the hard part out of the way. China and Russia are difficult, but the other countries can be fairly easy.

Kaiser Franz said:
you guys are in luck today! I have been phoned up by the local book shop....they told me the books i ordered on the Red army in the civil war and Chinese civil war armies are in! I will give you the nessessary OOB when i can.
Then thats the hard part out of the way. China and Russia are difficult, but the other countries can be fairly easy.

The China part is almost done.

Red Army units.

Red army units:
First of all i must state that a Front does not consitute a proper army corps etc. It is the whole number of corps and army groups in that region under its superior commander.

Here are the Fronts:
Western Front - fought the Poles and Ukarinians
Ukrainian Front - Fought in the Ukarine
Northern Front - based around Petrograd and fought against whites etc in Archangel
Southern Front - Fought against the whites from the Ukarine to the Azov sea.
Turkestan Front - fought in Turkestan and Central asia
Caspian-Caucasian Front - fought in the Cuacasus
Eastern Front -fought against the whites in the Ural regionand went on to push towards Siberia

Most of these had several Field Armies. These Field armies consited of 2 to 5 Rifle Divisions, with the odd Cavalry or special unit thrown in as well.

All Red army infantry units were Rifle Divisions. Unfortunatly i have no exact number of how many there were in each Front.

Cavalry was put into 1 Cavalry Army and that was divided into 2 Horse Corps. The 2 Horse corps had 3 Cavalry Divisions between them.

Special units.
Cheka Military units.
The Cheka was the Soviet Secret Police, forerunner of the NKVD and the KGB.
It had 22,000 men under arms in Cheka military units. These should be divided into 2 Divisions for example 1. Cheka Military Division and 2. Cheka Military Division etc.

Paramilitary Security Force
The Voyenizirovannaya Okhranna or VOkhr was formed in early 1919. It was subordinated to the Cheka. There should be at least 5 VOkhr Divisions, spread out between each front.

Internal Security Troops
The Voyska Vnutrenney Sluzhbi or VnuS were responsible for the gaurding and convoying anti-Soviet elements. But they were soon placed over to the Red army control. There shpuld be 5 VnuS divisions.

Special Units in the Fronts.
Ukarinian Front - International Detached Cavalry Division
This unit was mainly made up of Hungarian former Hussars, but it had Russians and Ukrianians for scouting reasons also.

1st Cavalry Army - This army was divided into 2 Horse Corps and between them there were 3 Detached Cavalry Divisions. Unsure of were abouts, but i think that they were stationed around what is now called Volgograd. Each Cavalry divisions should have an artillery attachment.

Northern Front - The Bashkir Cavalry Division, made up of Bashkirs. This unit included its own machine gun, artillery and infantry detchments! This should constitute as a guard attachment in my opinion.

Sorry i couldn't find a specific Order of Battle for the Red army, but this is what i could find. I'll do some stuff on the Chinese armies next, although most of them are finished as said by Chicom who did a lot of the work.

Last edited:
Chinese warlord, Communist and other armies...

I found a special unit for the Chihli Clique in China. The Division was one of Wu Pei-fu's units that was one of the only units in the warlord period to wear helmets. The 3rd Division was dubbed the "Tin Hat" Brigade (although it was actually a division) So it should be the 3rd 'Tin Hat' Division.

In the Chinese armies, it was divided into a Field Army which consited of 2 Divsions and a Group Army, a Group Army consisted of 3 Field armies. An average Group army consisted of about 60,000 to 80,000 men.

The main Communist Chinese armies were the 8th Route Army and the New 4th Army. The 8th Route Army should have 80,000 men in it and the New 4th Army should have just one division with an attachment e.g guards or artillery etc.

Chang t'sung-ch'ang or the "Dog Meat General" had a group of 4,600 white Russians in his army. He also created a "Foreign legion" made up of 700 White Russians, 300 Japanese volunteers and 2 Chinese Companies. The total amount of men in the "Foreign Legion" was about 1,500 men.
Manchurian warlord Chang Tso-lin had a unit of White Russians called the Mukden Lancers, but i am unsure of the number of this unit.

Hope these can be of help!

OK, so what are we to do with the rapid german reamament once the 'ending of the Versailles dictate' kicks in?

As ar as I am concerned, it is a bad event, as Germany would never have been able to raise troops, even if they had discarded the versailles dictate.

Maybe after a sucessful TGWOR, but not otherwise.

Comments? Suggestions?

Kaiser Franz said:
I found a special unit for the Chihli Clique in China. The Division was one of Wu Pei-fu's units that was one of the only units in the warlord period to wear helmets. The 3rd Division was dubbed the "Tin Hat" Brigade (although it was actually a division) So it should be the 3rd 'Tin Hat' Division.

In the Chinese armies, it was divided into a Field Army which consited of 2 Divsions and a Group Army, a Group Army consisted of 3 Field armies. An average Group army consisted of about 60,000 to 80,000 men.

The main Communist Chinese armies were the 8th Route Army and the New 4th Army. The 8th Route Army should have 80,000 men in it and the New 4th Army should have just one division with an attachment e.g guards or artillery etc.

Chang t'sung-ch'ang or the "Dog Meat General" had a group of 4,600 white Russians in his army. He also created a "Foreign legion" made up of 700 White Russians, 300 Japanese volunteers and 2 Chinese Companies. The total amount of men in the "Foreign Legion" was about 1,500 men.
Manchurian warlord Chang Tso-lin had a unit of White Russians called the Mukden Lancers, but i am unsure of the number of this unit.

Hope these can be of help!

"Dog Meat General" Chang t'sung-ch'ang's army is part of Manchurian warlord.

I also can't find any thing about Chang Tso-lin's Mukden Lancers. Maybe they are actually white russian army of Chang t'sung-ch'ang.