• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zuckergußgebäck said:
I believe that Allenby hasn´t included that changes in tech teams I have sent to him.

What was the date of the tech team pack that you sent me? I used one dated 25th January - if one was sent after this and I did not include it then I apologise sincerely. :)

hi whenever i try to start up a scenario i get this error message any help would be greatly apreciated

--- ERROR : (unkown lns in garrisonprefs) ' ignore = { ' Line = 197 file = ai\minor_default.ai --- Do you still want to continue

and when i click ignore it crashes to the desktop also my cursor is this box with an x in it lookin forward to a reply

predatorfan said:
hi whenever i try to start up a scenario i get this error message any help would be greatly apreciated

--- ERROR : (unkown lns in garrisonprefs) ' ignore = { ' Line = 197 file = ai\minor_default.ai --- Do you still want to continue

and when i click ignore it crashes to the desktop also my cursor is this box with an x in it lookin forward to a reply

Have you messed with AI? Editing AI can cause trouble. So, the problem is in minor_deafult.ai file in AI folder.
In line 197 your problem is (yoda speech)

predatorfan said:
do you know how i can fix this cause my vanilla hoi2 is working perfectly

Well, got no experience with that. Open your vanilla HoI2 file and the buggy 1914 one, and compare them from the problem area.
Or simply, ask someone who is good at solving problems :p

hi all again i have come to the conclusion that my errors must be caused by installing the april update without the december 06 update

I have issued an update for version 0.3.

Install it after the December 2006 update and v0.3.

does anyone know where i can get the december update thx in advance

hi again i managed to finally get my 1914 to work good but one thing i noticed was how easy it was even on the hardest settings to win when i played as france it got in a deadlock for about maybey 3 months and then i pushed to berlin easy after that and i noticed britain dosnt send any troops into france either wich is bad when your playing as germany cause ive never once gotten in a dead lock i managed to take over france in about a month and a half and at the same time push russia back to moscow is there any way to make the ai better so the game goes into a deadlock wich is the reason i always wanted to play a ww1 strategy o and can you play this mod online this might make it more enjoyable and challenging thx for reading

hi im glad you managed to download 1914 I hope you think that it is really good because I think it is really good and I really look forward to when it is totally complete but it is not complete at the moment and the version you have been playing is a beta version which means that the things which would make it a totally complete version of the mod are missing like AI and game engine modifiers to simulate ww1 era battles so the reason that you are able to take control of a country and win easily is because the mod is not finished and HOI II is an easy game anyways and so if you want to contribute to the mod to help it be finished then all you have to do is write a few dozen AI files for all the important countries so that they fight during the war like they should do and about the online thing I think you can play it online although I have not tried it myself because I prefer to use the internet for other things like

hey i would love to help you guys out im not much of a programer but i do know alot about ww1 as i am a history freak so i can help you on that part i can probably help manage fixing ai if you give me all need instructions

o i also saw that lots of the ministers are missing for the countrys i can start compiling all the images needed for you if you wish i can also help with buffing up the french events as i noticed theres very few there

Last edited:
predatorfan said:
o i also saw that lots of the ministers are missing for the countrys i can start compiling all the images needed for you if you wish i can also help with buffing up the french events as i noticed theres very few there

If you find pictures for ministers who do not have them, then post them in the Ministers thread. That would be very useful. :)

Miller hotshot said:
i could help ,make events we could make it allot like HSR infact i cold talk to them mayb and see if they would help.

What is HSR? :confused: ...and what do you have in mind? :)