• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I should let you all know that I have made an update available for v0.3.

Its main features are the outlines of a working secret weapons tree, a new unitnames.csv file and more 1897 scenario events.

It is backdated to 8th February 2007.

yesterday i my game crashec and moved back to windows while i was kicking french and american ass in north africa wil this problem be solved ?? i do not know the reason it just stopt and got back to windows

OK. So exactly what did you do when you istalled the game? Not just "I did what it told me to do", but exactly what did you delete and what did you add?

I created new clean install of game
then renamed file to tigerz
then chose repair option under setup.exe
installed the 1.3 a patch
then renamed file back to Hearts of Iron 2
then named new file 1914
then deleted these files
\ai
\db
\music
\scenarios
\GFX\Interface\models
\GFX\Interface\pics
\GFX\Interface\tech
downloaded the three files at the start of this thread in order
downloaded the game updates
downloaded winrar
opened up the january update and using Hoi.exe patched it the message said patch was succesful
then i had a new file called Hoi.exe.bak
that file i can not open even with winrar
when i click on the Hoi2 icon in the directory file 1914 it says excel something not found and the options are to ignore retry or cancel and ive tryed all of them
thats it

A better installation option would be something like this:

1. Create a copy of your HOI2 directory
2. Rename it to 1914 or something like that
3. Delete
\ai
\db
\music
\scenarios
\GFX\Interface\models
\GFX\Interface\pics
\GFX\Interface\tech
4. Make sure that the 1914 diurectory is patched.
5. Download 1914
6. Extract the files to the 1914 directory. Select yes in the option to overwrite
7. Use the ntl patch.
8. Start hoi2.exe NOT hoi2.exe.bak (which is a backup file made by the ntl patch)

I having trouble similar to what is described by sitzkrieg. When I try to run the game it comes up with an error message saying "didn't find FONT:gfx/fonts/eurostilecord14.bmp" and if I ignore that it comes up with the standard HOI2 has encountered a problem, do you want to send a report to mircoslave. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient with me because I don't have much experience with this sort of thing. ZuckerguBgeback provided a better way to try to install but the first step is to "Create a copy of your HOI2 directory" and I'm not sure how to do this. I'm running Doomsday if that helps. Help would be appreciated because this mod looks fantastic and I'd really like to play it.

RNZAF Commander said:
I having trouble similar to what is described by sitzkrieg. When I try to run the game it comes up with an error message saying "didn't find FONT:gfx/fonts/eurostilecord14.bmp" and if I ignore that it comes up with the standard HOI2 has encountered a problem, do you want to send a report to mircoslave. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient with me because I don't have much experience with this sort of thing. ZuckerguBgeback provided a better way to try to install but the first step is to "Create a copy of your HOI2 directory" and I'm not sure how to do this. I'm running Doomsday if that helps. Help would be appreciated because this mod looks fantastic and I'd really like to play it.

When creating a copy just rename your Doomsday directory into something else (for example remove letter D).Then run uninstall and choose option to repair.After repairing you will have 2 folders in Paradox folder.Rename new folder '1914',and than rename original folder to
its original name.Now do the rest of installation in '1914' folder.

I read install-en.doc for Hearts of Iron II 1914. As you suggest to "download the latest patch from the Paradox website" can you kindly write the link (because I wasn't unable to find it)?

Thanks,

Cardus