• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Watercress

Lovely in a Sandwich
62 Badges
Aug 26, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III
Königreich Bayern
Kingdom of Bavaria

640px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_Bavaria.svg.png

Last edited:
Die Königliche Familie
The Royal Family

500px-Maximilian_II_of_Bavaria_with_his_family.jpg

The King with his wife and children
Maximilian II of Bavaria - König von Bayern, Herzog von Franken, Herzog in Schwaben und Pfalzgraf bei Rhein

Marie of Prussia - Königin von Bayern

Ludwig von Wittelsbach - Kronprinz von Bayern

Otto von Wittelsbach - Prinz von Bayern

Ludwig von Wittelsbach - König Emeritus

Last edited:
Regierung des Königreichs
Government of the Kingdom

640px-Sitzungssaal_Kammer_der_Reichsraete_Munich-2.jpg

The Chamber of the Bavarian Reichsrat

The Kingdom of Bavaria is a Constitutional Monarchy, as established in the 1818 Constitution issued by Maximilian I. Executive powers are invested in the Monarch, while the National Assembly (Ständeversammlung) serves as the legislature. The National Assembly is composed of two chambers: the Council of the Realm (Reichsrat, or Kammer der Reichsrate), modelled on the British House of Lords, and the Chamber of Deputies (Kammer der Abgeordneten). Although initially a weak body, the powers of the National Assembly have grown over time. Important gains were made in 1848, with the Chamber of Deputies empowered to initiate legislation, and the Chamber's composition reformed to better reflect the population. Furthermore, an independent judiciary was created in 1850. Nevertheless the powers of the Monarch are extensive, and the government remains largely undemocratic. The formation of the government rests solely with the King, with his Ministers unburdened by the need for parliamentary confidence. The Premier of the Bavarian Government is the Chairman of the Council of Ministers, who also often serves as Foreign Minister and other portfolios.
250px-Karl_von_Schrenck_von_Notzing_-_bayerischer_Politiker.jpg

Karl von Schrenck auf Notzing
Chairman of the Council of Ministers, Minister of the Royal House and Foreign Affairs, Minister of Trade and Public Works

Theodor von Zwehl
Minister of the Interior

Benno Heinrich von Pfeufer
Minister of Finance

Karl von Mulzer
Minister of Justice

Last edited:
Kriegsministerium
Ministry of War

Bavarian_War_Ministry.jpg

The Bavarian War Ministry
Ludwig von Lüder
Minister of War

Last edited:
To His Excellency, Karl von Schrenck auf Notzing,

Firstly, let me extend my thanks for your frankness. Such straight forward speak is truly a boon between friends.

It is true that the fervor of 1848, inciting a sorrowful tone of chaotic revelry, has indeed not ebbed, but flourished due mainly in part to the actions of certain states that seek to exploit this discord for their personal growth, as precisely seen in such landscapes as the Italian Peninsula.

Regarding the concept of a Trias, I find myself intrigued at the concept, although admittedly wary, partly for the very issue you shed light upon, that of Freiherr von der Pfordten and his plan to use this trias as a means to rally various German states against Austria. However, I shall take with good faith your own plan, to align this trias with the interests of Austria, and against those of the Prussians, who seek to challenge the historical position of Austria within the German Confederation.

Before Austria is to throw support behind such a concept, firstly we must inquire as to the process in which such a trias shall be forged. We do not doubt the diplomatic capababilties at the disposall of the Bavarian Kingdom, and yes, there exists a number of states willing to band together, but how shall such talks and eventual reorganizations fit within the current structure of the German Confederation? I ask, for of course His Imperial and Royal Majesty shall expect to be fully informed of such affairs before he commits, and I truly wish to further explore this line of action fully informed myself.

From the Offices of Foreign Minister
Count Johann Bernhard von Rechberg und Rothenlöwen

To His Excellency, Karl von Schrenck auf Notzing,

I am of full understanding your desire to operate from without the Confederation, for it allows the influence of the Prussian variety, and while it His Imperial and Royal Majesty is the most dutiful presiding officer over the Confederation itself, even he sees the merit in your described method - that is, through the usage of treaties between the various German states that wish to join this Trias.

Your answers have been most sufficient, and do well to ease any concerns entertained by myself and His Imperial and Royal Majesty. Of our correspondences, I have promptly briefed the Emperor, and he, alongside myself, are of the mind to approve of this course of action, to work studiously together to counteract the influence of the Prussian upstarts, so long as it holds true to upkeeping the common stability and honoring the venerable role Austria has upon the German people.

Thus, the only standing issue is awaiting the application, that is, awaiting for this plan to go into action, of which I am sure shall be began by the diplomatic efforts of your honorable office. Should this correspondence be any indication, I trust you will be swift and efficient in convincing the other German states to accede to such a Trias. To this, I wish good luck, and offer my sincere blessings upon your efforts.

From the Offices of Foreign Minister
Count Johann Bernhard von Rechberg und Rothenlöwen

Your Excellency,

At this time we do not see any need for a federation more centralized than the existing German Confederation. To give up autonomy to protect autonomy is counter to the very concept that is being sought. The dominance of Austria or Prussia would merely be replaced by the dominance of Bavaria, which is in the view of His Majesty König Georg V no better than either of the others dominating Germany. To give up military and diplomatic powers is far too great a loss of sovereignty to consider.

Adolf Ludwig Karl von Platen-Hallermund
Minister of Foreign Affairs