• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As England...
It's a great thing Portugal can be called into the Hundred Years War again, but France also can call in their new allies, like Milan, Tuscany or whoever they want. It seems it became more impossible to win.

I can't ally anyone while I'm at war, but the AI can!! FIX THIS!!!!

You're the attacker in the Hundred Years' War. France is the defender. Nations in EUIV are generally more willing to join a defensive war than an aggressive one.

I fail to see the problem.

Despite a couple of significant bugs (like it being impossible to ally people when forming a formable nation like GBR, the Netherlands or Prussia because the AI thinks you're located on another planet distance-wise) and the performance issues, 1.8 is a generally great patch (one or two controversial design decisions aside). Definitely more stable and playable than some PDS patches in the past. So thanks for that!

Need to ask if there is a westernisation bug in this patch ? I tried to do westernisation when one of my colony is next to a core Portugal colonies in South Africa and there is no reaction from the westernisation button on how many tech behind before I can westernised.

Hi guys
I have a little problem with my EU4 after the AoW release, which makes my game unplayable, literally. When playing Ironman, everytime the game tries to autosave each month it freezes permanently and when I ctrl+alt+delete the manager says that game doesn't respond. Do you know how do I fix it? I tried deleting all the files and reinstalling, I tried hotfix, I tried unchecking the AoW in launcher and playing without it, no effect. Everything worked fine before AoW, obviously. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi guys
I have a little problem with my EU4 after the AoW release, which makes my game unplayable, literally. When playing Ironman, everytime the game tries to autosave each month it freezes permanently and when I ctrl+alt+delete the manager says that game doesn't respond. Do you know how do I fix it? I tried deleting all the files and reinstalling, I tried hotfix, I tried unchecking the AoW in launcher and playing without it, no effect. Everything worked fine before AoW, obviously. Thanks for your help.
If it still does this after opting into the 2nd new beta 1.8.1, and a clean reinstall, post a new thread in Tech Support please.

Hello again,
unfortunately I have encountered another problem. Whenever I try to load an Ironman game I get a runtime error, it happens when I click on a save. As I did before, I did this time, so I have deleted all the files and reinstalled, I think my hotfix is updated, because I opted for it and I also verified integrity of a game cache. I did all this in different orders, multiple times, with no effect. However, I can start a new Ironman game with no problem, but I cannot load it. Thanks in advance.

Hello again,
unfortunately I have encountered another problem. Whenever I try to load an Ironman game I get a runtime error, it happens when I click on a save. As I did before, I did this time, so I have deleted all the files and reinstalled, I think my hotfix is updated, because I opted for it and I also verified integrity of a game cache. I did all this in different orders, multiple times, with no effect. However, I can start a new Ironman game with no problem, but I cannot load it. Thanks in advance.
Apparently the newest hotfix (there is another one couple of minutes ago) fix the save issue...

Apparently the newest hotfix (there is another one couple of minutes ago) fix the save issue...
My steam is either a bit late on downloading new hotfix or it didn't fix the issue for me. However when I unchecked AoW in launcher I could click on my save file but then again, I couldn't load it because it said that it was run on newer version of the game or something like that, you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.