1.3 Patch Released! [checksum 2289]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a good patch -- finally time for me to start a proper campaign as Ethiopia! :D

@Johan

It's awesome that you added some tweaks to a few African nations. In a future patch, could you please add some more revolters? Ghana would be good, and East Africa is missing a few important states; for example, the Ajuuraan sultanate is completely missing, when historically it was a major power in the Horn of Africa. There is no need for the Horn to be empty, uncolonized land. Also, Swahili should be called Kilwa -- the former is the people, the latter is the sultanate.

It's great to see a Malian idea group, finally.

Now that's out the way, I will go enjoy your game. :)

I see that nobody mentioned the most important question: did the patch add a new Loading Screen? :p

Thank you very much for your work Paradox team, and us who play and report our experiences :)

Now, do I read correctly that it is not possible to "jump-start" colonisation by attacking and annexing/vassalising some natives, and that you have to colonise the old fashioned way with your own colonial range from home? (This would be good.)

Great!

But what about this? (the issue with colonies taking from other colonial powers - OE, diplomatic and coring cost are unreasonably high).

Without reducing OE as well as diplo and coring cost for colonies, colonial wars are pointless.

I demand that there is a technical log created in future, as I am trying to update the localization and I need specific instruction on what has been changed and what to add, as this is not possible for me to update the changelog for Versanus in that way, I could update the defines, but even that would be impossible if I edited it myself... Can you please make a technical log from now on for us modders.

The random cricket insect noises need to be toned down, the closer you zoom in the bigger the infestation.

Hmm, no one can confirm those new French models? Why were they changed? I liked those full helmet ones beter.

They've definitely been changed, though personally I like the new look.

Wait what? Which ideas/countries were nerfed? And how?

Nepal got nerfed across the board. Seems like Paradox is hell-bent on ensuring that no non-European power can become a military juggernaut.

2289 for me.

Same

Thanks Paradox guys for all your hard work on it.

Something weird.. I just loaded my last save from 1.2.2, and suddenly I have 100% OExt! Looking, I am now getting Oext from a whole bunch of Native American provinces, e.g. Zapotec, Aztec, Inca. I am certain that before these gave 0% OExt, making those Native American provinces highly desirable..

I don't see anything in the changelog indicating that this has changed?

These changes look great, except:

- You can no longer detach blockades if its only transports left in it.
- Unitmovement is now cancelled when a unit attached to another unit.

Isn't this a step backwards?

Also:

- Rebalanced landcombat algoritms to be based on direct values instead of relative bonuses. aka, lategame is as bloody as early game.
- Moved away the quality impact from scaling weaponmodifier to scale actual damage.
- Tweaked up strength damage slightly in landcombat.

Does this mean early game battles are still as bloody as before? Or more bloody? They were a bit too bloody to begin with...

Does this mean early game battles are still as bloody as before? Or more bloody? They were a bit too bloody to begin with...

Bloody as before, no changes to early battles, only the ping-ponging of armies in the lategame is affected by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.