1.11 Beta9 windowed mode only on smaller (than desktop) resolution

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unRODbar

Recruit
6 Badges
Aug 13, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
  • Surviving Mars
The last time I played AoD was some 1.11 Alpha version which did work fine for me. So now when I wanted to test the current Beta9 version I couldn't get AoD to work in fullscreen mode in my chosen resolution.

My 25" monitor has a default resolution of 2560x1440 and Windows 10 is set to a DPI-Scaling of 125%. If I set this resolution in the settings.cfg file I end up with AoD showing the map only without any menus. As this is probably caused by the DPI-Scaling, I tried disabling it in the compatibility options of AODGame.exe. Now the menus are visible again but the texts are too small to read comfortably on my monitor.

So I reverted back to 1920x1080 in the settings.cfg (as I always had in 1.11 Alpha and older) but despite still having it set to "0 #WINDOWED MODE" AoD now starts in windowed mode - why does that happen?

This is my full settings.cfg:
Code:
4 #LANGUAGE (0=english, 1 = french etc..)
0 #MUSIC (1 for on)
0 #WINDOWED MODE (1 for on)
europa.valkyrienet.com
1920 #Width
1080 #Height
1 # Disable intro

This is what AoD looks like with these settings (and DPI-Scaling disabled):
upload_2018-8-29_11-18-41.png

And if I turn DPI-Scaling back on in the compatibility options the window only gets scaled bigger but it still starts in windowed mode.
So does anyone know how to get the new version back to display in fullscreen mode or is this a bug with the new rendering engine?

I can confirm the problem when i set the resolution of AoD to 1024x768 at my 1920x1080 Monitor. Then a windowed version is used despite other setting.