• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Torian Raven

Private
32 Badges
Mar 29, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
I have a pop on a dead world who stopped growing nearly 100 years ago. The growth rate is 0,0 per month as you can see in the image. There is enough food on the planet, so nobody is starwing.

dead world.jpg

Upvote 0
The same happend to me, hold on, I would go and seek the save game (and play the game so to seek the planet were this hapend)

The planets are of the core worlds and their names are "Athisa" and "Pind-Ra-Vosk", they have pops that stop their development (there was another planet of the core worlds witch has a pop with 0.01 grown speed, so that would be stuck soon once the other pop, one that is growing faster, start to work)

PLUS: I have a fleet forever lost in obliviom (Lost in action), its a small fleet, but its lost :c

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    1,3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions:
Habitability modifier is somehow screwing with the growth. I got 2 +5% techs for it and frontier clinic on planet and it shows +15% in red on my native planet type. Think it should be -15%,because on planet screen habitability is shown 95% and my race default is 80%.

Edit:
Just checked frontier clinic by deactivating it and my growth rate is changed by 5%. The tech is
changing total habitability of the planet and adding to growth rate modifier. So my native pops get negative growth rate on their native planet types.
Or is the tech modifier WAD.

Last edited:
I had the save thing happen in my game on several worlds in my only sector, it seems the pop stops growing if another pop of the same species migrates away from the planet. Thus if the growing pop is left as the only one of that specific species on the planet it will not grow anymore even if there is food and pops of other species growing.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
I have had the same problem. parent pop migrates and the new pop stops growing and basically becomes a tileblocker, very annoying when you have free migration in your empire and thus cant do anything about it

If parent population all migrated this happens.One way to remove it is by enforcing slavery on it with slaves reproduction forbidden - it kills half-grown pops instantly.Or you can resettle back original pop and make population grow to full.

If parent population all migrated this happens.One way to remove it is by enforcing slavery on it with slaves reproduction forbidden - it kills half-grown pops instantly.Or you can resettle back original pop and make population grow to full.

Unfortunately resettling isn't a option with pops that are in a sector, since you can't resettle any populations that are part of sectors with out removing the planets they are on from sectors.

I have had this happen several times with pops migrating away. Starving the planet doesn't seem to kill the growing pop either.
Even when there is plenty of food it does not grow or disappear, just blocks the tile.

20160620183840_1.jpg
20160620183852_1.jpg

Last edited:
I have reported this a while ago. If the original population migrate while a pop is still growing the new pop stops growing. Which is OK but it would be nice if they are removed automatically. Someone replied that you can starve a non grown population by deactivating the farms and free the slot but I haven't tried it. Resettlement could probably work but not if you are Individualist as it is forbidden.

I have reported this a while ago. If the original population migrate while a pop is still growing the new pop stops growing. Which is OK but it would be nice if they are removed automatically. Someone replied that you can starve a non grown population by deactivating the farms and free the slot but I haven't tried it. Resettlement could probably work but not if you are Individualist as it is forbidden.
Resettlement does not work for population that is still growing.