• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

andyp1407

Dany event chain writer
33 Badges
Jan 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • War of the Roses
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
Last edited:
Chapter 1 -

I am Aegon, first of my name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the realm.

8OchGIa.png

It has been twelve years since my conquest and in that time peace has held throughout the realm. I have been gifted two sons from the Gods. Aenys, my heir, and Maegor. The Targaryen dynasty is small. Only four living members, I decided I needed to fix that.

ELtVKM8.png

The Velaryons where as close knit to we Targaryens that one could say that it is almost a divine marriage. It was paramount that the Valyrian blood that burns through our veins be preserved. Within it is the secrets of dragon taming reside, allowing us a greater chance of bonding with the beasts.

Every day I meet with my council, My Hand and best friend Orys

rDGIxRg.png

The Chief General, Lord Paramount Torrhen Stark. Showing wisdom in bowing before me

zxhdl3L.png

My Master of Coin, Lord Loren Lannister. The man is certainly gifted in finance, the man is constantly changing taxes to obtain the largest amount of gold while getting the smallfolk's adoration.

O1ThzYv.png

My Master of Whisperers, Lord Vickon Greyjoy. He follows the strange religion of the Drowned God, He constantly says "What is dead will never die, only rise harder and stronger" He wasn't pleased when I told him that drowning meant dying by suffocation due to swallowing too much water.

wt0KVII.png

My Maester, Gawen a man from the Westerlands

30OkDk3.png

My religious ambassador to the High Septon, Aenar

NHQLCFn.png

The subject of the meeting that day had been, how much power the faith really should have. I think Aenar will make his Holiness aware of how we felt.

o9YJClT.png

~~~~~~~~~~~​

At the end of the year, I discovered diplomacy wasn't my strong suit. I was having trouble appeasing all of my vassals. I decided to start the search for a suitable Master of Laws. There were many good options, perhaps Lord Jarmen Massey, or Lord Ronnel Arryn? What about Lord Edwyn Tully? I really couldn't decide. In the mean time I took two wards, Lord Donnor Stark and Lord Raymont Baratheon. Both were being trained as replacements for members of my Kingsguard.

kfraeEO.png

8ASIPFK.png

Thanks! Corrupted files have stopped me twice!

Subbed!

Chapter 2

The council was finally complete. After much deliberation Lord Edmyn Tully was chosen as Master of Laws. This appointment fulfilled two objectives, I obtained a new council member and the small thought of Edmyn's legitimacy as Lord of the Riverlands was stamped out.

eg3iETS.png

The year of 8011 was a slow year. There were no tourneys, feasts or grand hunts. More and more of my Kingly duties were given to Orys to handle, as I sought battle again. Not many shared my sentiment, Orys had a family now, he wasn't risking them for a war where little would be won. Thus I spent the year concentrating on my wards. Raymont was made a page at court, while Donnor became my squire.

3ksMSud.png

In the middle of the year, a raven arrived from Rosby

7DYCjrf.png

This was dire news. Greyscale was incurable, the disease almost always fatal. An outbreak in the Crownlands would spark riots, many traders would cease dealing within the city, famine would be inevitable. To stop this I sent a young knight at court, Ser Robert Badics a Valeman hailing from Moonsgrey, with six hundred men to lay siege to Rosby.

It was not long after the news had become public Aenys had become having nightmares and was deathly afraid of the dark. The boy was already weak and having him soil himself every night was not improving his health. I sat and talked to him. I told him "Son there is nothing to be afraid of, I am here. If anything or anyone broke into your room I would be in here faster than Balerion flies when he is hungry. You are the most important thing in the whole world to me and I wouldn't let anything happen to you". Aenys seemed to calm down after that.

czVMf2b.png

One day when sitting upon my throne, Lord Torrhen marched in with Donnor and Raymont being dragged behind him. He told me of how he had caught them duelling with live steel daggers on top of the Red Keep. I could only laugh, Raymont really was his father's son. And while Raymont had originally suggested it because he was jealous of Donnor being my squire they had grown to be friends after this.

KWdvdcY.png

YkLxNzF.png

At the eve of the new year, my wards joined the family to celebrate the previous year. I noticed that Donnor didn't seem to eat much. Confused I asked if he didn't like the food. He replied that although he liked it, he didn't want to be fat like some of the old lords at court

qabTpES.png

((Being Scottish there's definitely a joke about donner meat and temperance))

Shame the first one got axed, I've lost one from a corrupt save too. Looking forward to this one though.

Again, I'll extend the offer, if you need a hand with formatting, just ask. :)

interesting update! I imagine the King is still looking for wars and adventures

Thanks for the praise guys

Chapter 3

To celebrate Aenys' fifth nameday, I held a tourney in King's Landing.

Kllec4A.png

Knights and Lords from all over the realm journeyed to the capital to prove their skill and earn glory. The preliminary heats were held in the first week, many fought but few advanced. Many were peasants hoping to be made a noble and advance in the world. Sitting upon my throne positioned over the lists the final list was brought before me.

B4rZH1E.png

Over the course of the next two months the list was made shorter until four remained. Hand of the King Orys, Lord Commander Corlys, Ser Sumner Crakehall and Ser Humfrey Mummer. Straws were drawn and the semi finalists took up their places

xC0KdMB.png

H5JJdz2.png

Both men had fought valiantly and no matter who won each would hold great glory for years to come. Seeing the tourney both Donnor and Raymont wanted to train more with swords the increased training over the afternoon really made a difference.

kz7fiPD.png

dWofvWJ.png

It was the final day of the tourney, my Hand Orys was preparing for the final joust when I woke that morning Visenya had been unusually loving that night. I knew that Orys would come out on top, Ser Sumner wasn't incredibly experienced in tourneys so the odds where stacked against him

qQDWp9V.png

Later in the year Raymont visited me in my solar, he requested that I name him my squire, seeing no problem in doing so I said yes.

YaisJgf.png

lj9jVTS.png

Later that day Visenya arrived to speak to me she said it was urgent.
0KaR7a5.png

My heart swelled with joy, another child! Perhaps if it is a daughter, Maegor can marry it in a divine marriage. Donnor asked Visenya questions about the child all day every day for weeks, Visenya feigned enjoyment but it was clear she was getting irritated. Donnor picked up on this and began lying like her

O4pkI5b.png

ndCIq04.png

5xPoQNa.png

Seeing that Aenys didn't like learning swordplay I commissioned a Lord to take him as a ward, Lord Edmyn Tully my master of laws, was all too happy to let Aenys study under him

kALiX42.png

It was just as that letter was sent that a white raven from the citadel arrived...

YuT0SqW.png

Then a messenger arrived from the Grand Maester, Visenya had given birth to a baby girl

whI73dl.png

Being King is a busy job.

at least the blood from Valyira will be kept pure a little longer... just hope the "maniatic" trait does not pop up too early