• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NOOOO! I so wanted a division Kurfürst! It even sounds appropriate. Stupid work, if I had been at home, I could have made it. Bleh.

Well, so be it. Congrats 2nd commander.

And do stick to the plan. I am very much looking foreard to seeing yu contend with many hundreds of soviet divisions.
The Heer has 200 divisions. All hope is not lost! ;)

ScGeLLz.jpg

<- Hyenas of war | The battles for Gatchina ->

Last edited:
This is what I was expecting/ was affraid of. The times I failed to capture Sebastopol and it became the Soviet capital a doomstack appeared there. It is pretty consistent-large reinforcements appear in what is then the capital city. I could devise only one strategy against large concentration of enemy forces-large scale encirclement with elastic defense as necessary. If you should call that gamey, well it is also gamey that such huge concentration of forces can occur in a single province without supply efficiency and maneuvering suffering a huge stack penalty. Is there an alternative to this approach?

I could devise only one strategy against large concentration of enemy forces-large scale encirclement with elastic defense as necessary. If you should call that gamey, well it is also gamey that such huge concentration of forces can occur in a single province without supply efficiency and maneuvering suffering a huge stack penalty. Is there an alternative to this approach?

The way that I will approach this issue will probably be a mix of fanatical defense :angry: and elastic defense.

1-Elastic defense to disrupt future enemy attacks by threatening their flanks and forcing them to extend their real frontline. But this can work only where there is a weak flank (it should not last) and the enemy doesn't have a superiority in mobile forces. Also, these should lead to the capture/loss/recapture/reloss...of provinces, effectively creating a 2 -province deep no man land of ruined provinces...

2-... where the Russian attacker/retreater won't be able to recover its org quickly as opposed to a (hopefully) entrenched and well supplied German defenders, moreover enjoying air cover and disruptive air bombing.

3-Hopefully being able to launch local counterattack and surround and destroy few units at a time.

4-Praying

5-Waiting for the completion of the Loki Project

I was wondering - with the Soviets having evacuated their capital, are you still going to hold to your pledge not to capture Moscow in the initial assault?
No. The gauntlet has been thrown!
But do you really think that I have the slightest chance? Because I don't, not after having attacked on such a broad front

i hate the ai, just try playing with a human
I have played against humans, a long time ago, before DH.
A human would not receive so many bonus. That's another challenge.

No. The gauntlet has been thrown!
But do you really think that I have the slightest chance? Because I don't, not after having attacked on such a broad front

They may seem impressive, but trust me, I'm being told that all that needs to be done is to kick in the front door :)

Also, I had a good chuckle at the fact that your defensive strategy is basically to out-soviet the Soviets.

Last edited:
I am surprised that big Soviet doomstack hasn't begun spreading out all over the center of the front already? If they did that, they would most likely sweep aside all the progress you have made and could even push you back into Belarus. I wonder how much longer you can keep advancing, since once you hit major resistance your lines are going to be stretched to the breaking point.

Good update.

I am surprised that big Soviet doomstack hasn't begun spreading out all over the center of the front already? If they did that, they would most likely sweep aside all the progress you have made and could even push you back into Belarus. I wonder how much longer you can keep advancing, since once you hit major resistance your lines are going to be stretched to the breaking point.
There is nothing that this doomstack of INF could do and who would imperil the Heer for the moment, as long as it has no far-reaching flanks.
For one thing, this stack has been discovered only 4 days ago ingame. For the other thing, if one's consider that my MOTs are moving 8 to 11 times faster than my INFs, one's should get the picture regarding the dilemma faced by Stavka.

Last edited:
I have never done this well on fighting Russia, so huge props for that just to start with man. Also, wow, if there's still 150 IC to go until they fall to German levels, might you be able to take enough territory to trigger the Peace event without breaking your rule?
I don't want to trigger the bitter peace event anyway.

Last edited:
15th July and your are there, Moscow in sight, going faster than I expected!!!!!
Unfortunately, I have to slow down on the updates, since I am revisiting the entire French translations (HoI included) before the release of 1.04. This is just eating all my free-time and more.

I took a break from the translation for one evening. :closedeyes:
fkdUxFF.jpg

<- The Rush | Stalingrad ->

Last edited:
Just popping in to say that i appreciate the update, that you published despite all your other commitments. All hail our glorious Gröfaz!

Will you cut the Caucasus off after yo take the caspian coast? Or does WiF also have the event, which gives northern Persia to Soviets? I can't remember anymore.

Anyway, Lebensraum awaits. Ever onwards, Kameraden, to the rising sun. Drang nach Osten will be finished for now, and for ever.

Let´s start thinking how to deal with the USA!!

It's an easy question.

1. Bomb the NYC.
2. Bomb the Washington DC
3. Bomb the Norfolk
4. Send a ship to sign an American surrender.

This should be completed with the newly-developed Nazi Wunderwaffe.

(Lucider, maybe You could reconsider to focus one of the next updates on issues about the German technology advance?
We get the reports about the newly finished techs and those that were started, but somehow I miss the big picture, and can't really tell if the III Reich is well developed.)