• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What are you planning on using those M. arm brigades with?

IIRC, SP ART gives almost, if not more bang for the buck.

Also, Art is a killer once you unlock the AT and Rocket Art upgrades. I think even 42 Art (+42 AT, +42 RArt) gives something like +5/+5
I may have done the wrong choice, I truly don't know. I read that there was a bug with SPArt, which prevents it from moving as fast as intended; I didn't want to allocate tech slots and resources to get overpriced Art. MArm has another big advantage which is not very visible and which effect is difficult to quantify; it reduces the INF softness quite a big. The first level of AT has a major drawback, which is the -2 softness attack. At the beginning of Barbarossa, I don't want to have this -2, but I will definitively need the bonus in hard attack soon after. I know that I will have to plan its research vey carefully!

First of all: I laughed at the Italian marine thing.
Secondly: Man, the Royal Navy is just incredibly screwed. I am really impressed by the performance of your land-based naval bombers and by the Kriegsmarine in general.
Thank you! The thing with the NAV is to be able to use them where they can't be intercepted. :)

Very atmospheric :)

Did WiF alter the effectiveness of submarines? Maybe I got lucky, but I never got a bleeding like this from such a small fleet, especially without ASW.

Very atmospheric :)
Did WiF alter the effectiveness of submarines? Maybe I got lucky, but I never got a bleeding like this from such a small fleet, especially without ASW.
No, effectiveness is not affected. Maybe you got lucky, maybe I got unlucky...

this victory just gave them hope...
Yes, little more than that.

=============================================================================
The following poll is no longer active; I don't intend turning this AAR into an interactive one. Thank you for your understanding!
Now, I have a general question regarding the next few months. I can play them by releasing the possible RKs one by one (Low Countries, Belgium & Norway), or I can keep the map with its current nice shade of German grey. You will decide.
Votes are opened until next Sunday evening PST.

Last edited:
Naah, Low Countries, Belgium Flanders & Norway deserve to be integrated

also, i think you are compeled to get mods acceptance on having votes :p
I have now asked the question to Safferli. I don't expect any issue.
I should have written " Do you want..." instead of "Vote..." and you would not have done this remark :)

I still hope for a pan-Scandinavian union under Quisling instead of a Norwegian RK.
But regardless, unless TC is a concern for Barbarossa, i'd say keep the map nice and grey; division of Europe can wait for the damnable Bolsheviks and Perfidous Albion to fall.

Denmark should be integrated- if only to secure the Baltic Sea.

I would only recommend releasing Norway, to be honest; but if you are releasing the Low countries, don't forget to take Eastern Wallonia as part of the Reich.

Now, I have a general question regarding the next few months. I can play them by releasing the possible RKs one by one (Low Countries, Belgium & Norway), or I can keep the map with its current nice shade of German grey. You will decide.
Votes are opened until next Sunday evening PST.

I think it would be more optimal to keep the land under your direct control. So, to keep with the total-control, number crunching OCD optimal-play nature of this AAR, I say keep them gray!

RKs are useless. Only claims on most of their territory, not cores, meaning less IC, less resources, and more revolts. Might as well pay the TC/MP/ICday cost of garrisoning it yourself.

After "talking" with Safferli, I am removing the poll/question. Deus Eversor is correct, this would turn the AAR into an interactive one, something that I clearly don't want.

1-So, after reading the comments, I have decided democratically, and only with voting (as you could expect it as being the Chancellor) to not release the western RKs. One of the reasons is that the Western RKs "ruin" the map and prevent the deployment of province improvements later in-game. And no, that is not because they are useless! I had actually started to play 2 weeks with them released before asking the question (I will revert to the February 1st, 1941 save) and they are actually very good. For a loss of 7 German IC, they have together an output of 25 IC (even after the Independence struggle event) and bring something like 400 mp. Even if they have a -25% research rate, it is more than compensated by the +50% that they would get from German blue prints. I wanted to release them mainly to squeeze more money from them, and didn't expect that many collateral bonuses.

2-I have not decided for RK Norway, but I won't release Scandinavia as it will be impossible. Before a release, I would have to put a claim where the nuclear reactor will be deployed by event, to be sure that this reactor won't be controlled by RK Norway. And if Germany keeps this province, then Scandinavia can't be released.

3-Bosnia? I will see. What is weird is that there is no or almost no dissent there.

4-Eastern RK? I will very probably release them when they will be available.

There will be no update before next week. Have a nice week-end!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ah, submarine cruisers. Love that kind of crazy experimental military stuff that popped up during the time.

IIRC the Japanese even built one that could carry and launch a plane.

apparently rn is in such a bad shape they need to recommision stuff from scrapyards, just like yugoslavia had to plunder its national museums for ships :D
That's a good one!
Poor Jonathan, who is waiting for his prize. :)

Ah, submarine cruisers. Love that kind of crazy experimental military stuff that popped up during the time.

IIRC the Japanese even built one that could carry and launch a plane.
It was the I-400 serie, with 3 planes onboard.

Last edited: