• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've noticed a minor bug, when playing as a High Tribal nation the government flavor says "Anarchy". Playing as Romano-Gallic culture, if that makes a difference.
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 2.44.11 PM.png

I am also having Beverages problem of showing an anarchy type, however I am playing as Romano-British with a Sub-Roman government type.

In addition during the bubonic plague, I got an event to banish the jews, and now am stuck with the 'expelled the jews' modifier. I don't know if this is a bug but a few other rulers have the same modifier, is there anyway to 'unexpel' the jews like in base game?

Last edited:
I am also having Beverages problem of showing an anarchy type, however I am playing as British Romans with a Sub-Roman government type.

In addition during the bubonic plague, I got an event to banish the jews, and now am stuck with the 'expelled the jews' modifier. I don't know if this is a bug but a few other rulers have the same modifier, is there anyway to 'unexpel' the jews like in base game?
Usually it takes a number of years, or even a new ruler before you are able to invite the Jews back to your realm, at least that's how it works in the base game. I don't believe it's changed here.

Usually it takes a number of years, or even a new ruler before you are able to invite the Jews back to your realm, at least that's how it works in the base game. I don't believe it's changed here.

I'm pretty sure in vanilla it shows you the option to reinvite the jews even if you can't exactly do that for a number of years. Unfortunately, I may likely be wrong and in that case this is not a bug.

Another bug is that when you try to integrate a Foederatus and they decline, and you try to declare war to integrate them, instead of actually declaring war, it doesn't declare war and in the notifications states that it ended inconclusively because the Casus Belli was no longer valid.

I've noticed a minor bug, when playing as a High Tribal nation the government flavor says "Anarchy". Playing as Romano-Gallic culture, if that makes a difference.View attachment 566942
I am also having Beverages problem of showing an anarchy type, however I am playing as Romano-British with a Sub-Roman government type.
Noted, it is because the new governments don't have government flavours

I'm pretty sure in vanilla it shows you the option to reinvite the jews even if you can't exactly do that for a number of years. Unfortunately, I may likely be wrong and in that case this is not a bug.
Not something we modify.

Another bug is that when you try to integrate a Foederatus and they decline, and you try to declare war to integrate them, instead of actually declaring war, it doesn't declare war and in the notifications states that it ended inconclusively because the Casus Belli was no longer valid.
Noted, will see if I can reproduce.

Yeah, at the moment it's... pretty terribly jarring, I have to say. Makes it really hard to read the map, too.

View attachment 566947
You can try to add this file to the WTWSMS\map folder to see if it resolves the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/76scekfzfnlpehu/rivers.bmp?dl=0

If you guys are intending on keeping the current province layout. Then you might want to include the rivers.bmp, topology.bmp, world_normal_height.bmp, colormap.dds, and colormap_water.dds form 2.7 or 2.8.
No, we are not, but yes we would if were. :)

Since the Western Imperial Fleet is based in Ravenna and depends directly upon the Emperor it is not strange for it to disband if the imperial capital is granted to a vassal. That being said it could be envisioned that it could move to another port.

I usually tend to make Rome the capital because Ravenna as a county is not all that great. It just feels kind of annoying that whenever I grant out the province of Annonaria I end up having to revoke Ravenna and pay the 2k gold price to reform the fleet.

Since it is at start only present in Africa the syncretic graphics are not just there by default, although the generic Pagan priests should probably be replaced.

I mean the "latin solar" religion, which is extinct in all start dates but can be revived via secret cult. Right now it's almost exactly the same as the "african solar" religion, it uses the african_gfx I think, which turns the title shields on the map into african ones and that looks odd.

I usually tend to make Rome the capital because Ravenna as a county is not all that great. It just feels kind of annoying that whenever I grant out the province of Annonaria I end up having to revoke Ravenna and pay the 2k gold price to reform the fleet.
We will try to find an alternative solution since we have gotten several remarks on this.

I mean the "latin solar" religion, which is extinct in all start dates but can be revived via secret cult. Right now it's almost exactly the same as the "african solar" religion, it uses the african_gfx I think, which turns the title shields on the map into african ones and that looks odd.
Ok, I misunderstood you then, that is indeed an issue.

A funny thing with Defensive Pacts ON is that legions which aren't my vassals usually join against me, even if the ERE isn't on the pact. And since they are mercenaries, they all spawn on the capital of my target. It is a decent deterrent, but also gamey if what I want is to cripple the ERE...

Not sure if the mod is balanced with Defensive Pacts in mind, but I thought I'd mention it anyway ;)

On the note of High Tribal Government I noticed that in the first start date the government map says that most of the romano-brithon rulers use sub-roman government but after switching to other bookmarks and going back to first one those same realms become high tribal.

Starting as a Lombard (at the first start date they're all alive), the king's heir has a child that's only ten years apart, that'll mean the child was born when the heir was ten, which is improbable. Just make the father a three years older and the child three years younger, so the father can be 16 at the time of birth.

View attachment 567389 I'm pretty certain there aren't supposed to be any Sub-Roman Realms in Arabia at game-start.
We will look into this.

A funny thing with Defensive Pacts ON is that legions which aren't my vassals usually join against me, even if the ERE isn't on the pact. And since they are mercenaries, they all spawn on the capital of my target. It is a decent deterrent, but also gamey if what I want is to cripple the ERE...

Not sure if the mod is balanced with Defensive Pacts in mind, but I thought I'd mention it anyway ;)
Not meant to happen, noted.

I tried this and the rivers still appear to have the same issue.
As was observed by another user, the river file alone is indeed not enough to fix the problem. I will have to upload some other files as well, will try to get hold of them later.

On the note of High Tribal Government I noticed that in the first start date the government map says that most of the romano-brithon rulers use sub-roman government but after switching to other bookmarks and going back to first one those same realms become high tribal.
The character selection menu lies about governments. Due to the way they are attributed with scripted triggers and the government file they only fully load once you are playing. It switching in that menu has no incidence on the actual game, to my knowledge (if it does have an impact then it is an issue, but otherwise merely visual).

Starting as a Lombard (at the first start date they're all alive), the king's heir has a child that's only ten years apart, that'll mean the child was born when the heir was ten, which is improbable. Just make the father a three years older and the child three years younger, so the father can be 16 at the time of birth.
Noted.

A bugs report about tribal government:
1- There seems to be a bug with tribal organization and succession. Basically the tooltip says that non-existent to medium tribal organization in kingdoms put it at risk of imploding during succession. The problem is that even if you have high or absolute tribal organization, the tribal kingdom will always explode which is very frustrating especially if you can't change from tribalism.
2- Also, regarding tribal kingdoms explosion, there should be something to tell you what is exactly a "worthy" heir and there is also maybe a bug with that. Because from what I saw, every tribal kingdoms that form during the game blow up in successions, no matter the stats of the new king.
3- Converting to Zoroastrianism when you are tribal transform automatically your government into the "Eransharh" one, which can be a big problem.

1- There seems to be a bug with tribal organization and succession. Basically the tooltip says that non-existent to medium tribal organization in kingdoms put it at risk of imploding during succession. The problem is that even if you have high or absolute tribal organization, the tribal kingdom will always explode which is very frustrating especially if you can't change from tribalism.
That must be an outdated tooltip, since the risk of implosion is for all tribal rulers until they become High Tribal, noted.

2- Also, regarding tribal kingdoms explosion, there should be something to tell you what is exactly a "worthy" heir and there is also maybe a bug with that. Because from what I saw, every tribal kingdoms that form during the game blow up in successions, no matter the stats of the new king.
Generally the AI is unable to form lasting tribal realms, yes, but that is intentional since it reflects how these realms relied much more on personal loyalties and how each new ruler could be challenged by vassals. That being said we can look into making it more clear how to avoid implosion upon succession.

3- Converting to Zoroastrianism when you are tribal transform automatically your government into the "Eransharh" one, which can be a big problem.
Noted.

This a small bug.

Start year 480 some Romans in Africa are 480 year old.

They died right away.

Thank.
Where exactly? Within the Vandal kingdom? We will try to localise them.

There is a last Punic culture province in Malta, but they don't have family name list and spawn as "Smith".
Noted.