• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm back to history writing now after a long hiatus. I welcome any help of advice that people can give.

zRjSfZZ.jpg

Anyone knows if it´s a standart to have Brythunic shield "icons" on the campaign map( lordships,kingdoms etc. icons) looking as Aztec "icons" ? I don´t know why but I seem to get these except some standart celtic ones. Is it a bug or a feature?

Anyone knows if it´s a standart to have Brythunic shield "icons" on the campaign map( lordships,kingdoms etc. icons) looking as Aztec "icons" ? I don´t know why but I seem to get these except some standart celtic ones. Is it a bug or a feature?

It's a stopgap feature until we can find a better CoA set. I might remove it soon. I'd prefer not to go back to the classic shields, though. Might try out a modified Indian gfx to distinguish them from the Saxons.

I'm back to history writing now after a long hiatus. I welcome any help of advice that people can give.

zRjSfZZ.jpg

I think that the Anglo-Saxons in Humberford should start as vassals of Ebrauc, declaring independence and breaking out later to form Deira, probably soon after the arrival of the North Angles. There's some names here you could probably use for them. Caistor could also possibly be Anglo-Saxon starting around 460, eventually breaking out soon after in the 480's to form Lindsey.

It's a stopgap feature until we can find a better CoA set. I might remove it soon. I'd prefer not to go back to the classic shields, though. Might try out a modified Indian gfx to distinguish them from the Saxons.

Ah thanks well I actually solved it by disabling Sunset invasion DLC. But still some nicer COA would be cool.

zRjSfZZ.jpg
Hmm, 441 ... Well, King Constantine was King of Dumnonia at the time, and King Brychan was around as well (he's listed as an ancestor of Cuneglas and "mad as a bat"). Also the Irish were settling in West Wales at this time. The Armoricans had also just seceded from Soissons.

Ambrosius Aurelianus was also around, and this is a little out there but maybe he can be made Tewdric's father? I know people keep wanting to make him Uther's brother, but the whole shtick of the books was to use pre-Galfridian concepts, and this could be a good explanation as to why Gwent is so Romanized.

I'm debating what to do with the Aurelianus family, but Tewdric's father is Teudosius according to the history we already have. I can make him somebody's grandfather if you want. I am concentrating on 410 now - 441 was just an illustration of how the Saxons will grow.

I'd be interested to hear what people think of today's work:
UvuyzqH.jpg

Last edited:
I'm debating what to do with the Aurelianus family, but Tewdric's father is Teudosius according to the history we already have. I can make him somebody's grandfather if you want. I am concentrating on 410 now - 441 was just an illustration of how the Saxons will grow.

I'd be interested to hear what people think of today's work:
UvuyzqH.jpg

Today's work looks excellent, and accurate to both history and the books. As for Aurelianus, make him Uther's brother. But if Aurelianus is around, Uther is damn well around. Which means Vortigern is around. Because in the myths, Aurelianus loses the throne to Vortigern, and Uther is Aurelianus' heir.

Today's work looks excellent, and accurate to both history and the books. As for Aurelianus, make him Uther's brother. But if Aurelianus is around, Uther is damn well around. Which means Vortigern is around. Because in the myths, Aurelianus loses the throne to Vortigern, and Uther is Aurelianus' heir.
But why make him Uther's brother? That was an invention of Geoffrey of Monmouth, and the whole point behind Cornwell's books was to use non-Galfridian sources. The only reference we have to any siblings of Uther is that Gereint is his nephew, which would imply that his brother was this guy.

But why make him Uther's brother? That was an invention of Geoffrey of Monmouth, and the whole point behind Cornwell's books was to use non-Galfridian sources. The only reference we have to any siblings of Uther is that Gereint is his nephew, which would imply that his brother was this guy.

Ah, I was looking for Gereint's father, thanks.

How will the Charlemagne expansion effect this mod? I expect everyone would be tribal (except perhaps the Domain of Soissons and Gothic kingdoms), correct? Feudalism doesn't really fit this time, perhaps a Rise of Feudalism event chain would be nice?

Also, "The Franks" title is really just better off as "Franks".

But then it reads "King Clovis of Franks". The "The" is there for the character title. "King Clovis of The Franks".

That's true, but the precedent I've been increasingly following is that of vanilla, which omits "the" from cultural titles such as that. Already I have "Angles", "Saxons", "Jutes" and others on the map.

How will the Charlemagne expansion effect this mod? I expect everyone would be tribal (except perhaps the Domain of Soissons and Gothic kingdoms), correct? Feudalism doesn't really fit this time, perhaps a Rise of Feudalism event chain would be nice?

Also, "The Franks" title is really just better off as "Franks".

I'd like to wait until the patch gets released before promising any concrete changes, but tribal titles will almost certainly be implemented. I'd like to do some stuff with the vassal limit, too.

How long do you reckon it'll take to bring the mod up to speed once the new patch and Charlemagne have been released?

How long do you reckon it'll take to bring the mod up to speed once the new patch and Charlemagne have been released?

Hopefully under a week. Using SVN makes things a lot faster. The release will end up coming with updates to history but without access to Old King Cole, so keep an eye out for any teething problems with the liege/vassal relations or de facto title setup.