• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was so excited to see "GAGA Extrem has replied to the thread Victoria 2 - 3.04 BETA PATCH - Merry Christmas!" but then all I see is a sad smiley... :( Oh well, maybe next year we'll have better luck. The sun shall never set on the Victoria franchise!

Reactions:
I actually got to make a nice list with potential changes, but sadly the release of TfV and work on other projects kept us busy and we never got past that very first stage.
However, what I can offer you is one of the things that I wanted and that was easily scriptable (mostly because it is already part of my DBZ mod): Synergy Inventions.

There is one for each tier in each tech category and it is activated by researching every tech of that specific tier within that category (e.g. all tier IV Culture techs). Synergy Inventions have a (+) at the end of their name to distinguish them from regular inventions.

Each Synergy Invention gives a small bonus geared towards that specific tier's timeframe. Should make some of the weaker techs more desireable and incentivise players from NOT completely ignoring some of the Commerce or Naval techs.

I'll attach the little thing as a mod below. Put it in your V2 mod folder, activate it via the game launcher and enjoy.
Not save game compatible! English localisation only!

Merry Christmas - and long live the queen!

Attachments

• Xmas.rar
    5,2 KB · Views: 260
Reactions:
Go ahead.
:)

Reactions:
I actually got to make a nice list with potential changes, but sadly the release of TfV and work on other projects kept us busy and we never got past that very first stage.
However, what I can offer you is one of the things that I wanted and that was easily scriptable (mostly because it is already part of my DBZ mod): Synergy Inventions.

There is one for each tier in each tech category and it is activated by researching every tech of that specific tier within that category (e.g. all tier IV Culture techs). Synergy Inventions have a (+) at the end of their name to distinguish them from regular inventions.

Each Synergy Invention gives a small bonus geared towards that specific tier's timeframe. Should make some of the weaker techs more desireable and incentivise players from NOT completely ignoring some of the Commerce or Naval techs.

I'll attach the little thing as a mod below. Put it in your V2 mod folder, activate it via the game launcher and enjoy.
Not save game compatible! English localisation only!

Merry Christmas - and long live the queen!
Happy Christmas! :)
@GAGA Extrem you're spoiling them. :cool:
Never!

Reactions:
A quick question about the National Bank Interest bug. I remember reading in the forums that attempts to correct it have been difficult do the complexity of the issue (I imagine it has to do with successfully getting interest rates back to the proper investing pops.)

How hard would it be to simply redirect interest payments towards repaying the loan? I borrow 1,000 from the national bank of Austria as the USA, and each day the interest payment goes to paying down the amount owed to the national bank of Austria. The repayment feature already exists, so how hard would it be to link the interest payment back to that? Pops wouldn't get interest payments on their deposits, but at least the interest payments wouldn't disappear from the money supply.

Reactions:
Oh dang, I hope it doesn't affect PDM that much :0

Yeah I missed it -- thanks.

While I wanted to see the remaining V2 issues fixed, I will gladly play it as is with an updated PDM.

And I think Paradox should focus on V3 rather than a 3.05 patch.

Yeah I missed it -- thanks.

While I wanted to see the remaining V2 issues fixed, I will gladly play it as is with an updated PDM.

And I think Paradox should focus on V3 rather than a 3.05 patch.
Becareful what you wish for.

I forsee current Paradox making victoria 3 using:
Stellaris Pop system
HOI 4 civilian and military factories.
EU4 Mana system.
Mostly fixed price trade goods like in eu4.
Accretion design through DLC spam.
Bonuses and negatives will be fixed for each nation rather than being able to guide a nation to specific bonuses.
Eu4's fort system.

Reactions:
Becareful what you wish for.

I forsee current Paradox making victoria 3 using:
Stellaris Pop system
HOI 4 civilian and military factories.
EU4 Mana system.
Mostly fixed price trade goods like in eu4.
Accretion design through DLC spam.
Bonuses and negatives will be fixed for each nation rather than being able to guide a nation to specific bonuses.
Eu4's fort system.
Translation: It's gonna suck unless you give us extra money.

Reactions:
Translation: It's gonna suck unless you give us extra money.
Nah because of the accretion design philosophy it will continue to suck but have gems that will over time be dissolve away after being abandoned for next fad. And nothing after orignal mechanics won't be designed to work together and changes will assume you always have latest dlc.

Reactions: