• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I appreciate the amount of detail that you go into for these updates.

Voting Bill

- Feldirm den Badir (2)
- Modrig den Tarrob (3)
- Valdrig den Piriam (1)

Better to engineer conflicts with hostile factions at a time of the Principality's choosing, not theirs.

Strike first, assimilate the unbelievers second?

I could go for that.

- Feldirm den Badir (2)
- Modrig den Tarrob (1)
- Valdrig den Piriam (3)

Can always cut losses re: federation and conquer them later, when the Principality is stronger. As-is, we need to pick our enemies carefully. 2k fleet strength with an empire that large is not exactly ideal for defence.

You're not wrong, getting caught by another empire while at war would be catastrophic. If nothing else then Feldirm den Badir might provide a middle road of safety while out in the field.

- Feldirm den Badir (1)
- Modrig den Tarrob (2)
- Valdrig den Piriam (3)

Personally, I kind of want to see a federation formed, but otherwise I perfer the policies of Badir being more nessecary for the Principality's success overall. Active research will help with more research output and even more uplifting of worthy species.

I'm fairly suspicious of forming a federation with the AI, especially in the early mid game, as I suspect they often won't be able to grow once I form it and I will end up being 50%+ of the force anyway, while forming a federation in the late game would at least mean that I can pick the strongest. That said, I'm worried about surrendering control overall.

Even then, I did give people the option, let's see how it goes!

As ever there is a lot of information to process which makes taking part way more fun! I think the Aviarium need to be put down but I don't think the Principality can risk the war just yet. A wider coalition of allies may well be necessary!

- Feldirm den Badir (2)
- Modrig den Tarrob (1)
- Valdrig den Piriam (3)

I always found myself sort of forgetting myself when reading AARs, especially Stellaris AARs, forgetting what parts of the galaxy belongs to which empire and who it was opposing, so I try and keep my readers updated.

It's worth nothing that I would never start a war which I perceived to be against the odds. A vote for a war means that I'll prepare the necessary ships and troops to carry it out, but of course it comes at the cost of slowing down everything else and the risk of being attacked while at war.

- Feldirm den Badir (1)
- Modrig den Tarrob (3)
- Valdrig den Piriam (2)

Under us, the birds will learn their place in the galaxy. Once they are dealt with, our technology will be important in order to keep our position in the galaxy.

That's very xenophile of you (shh, they suspect something)

Voting Bill
- Feldirm den Badir (1)
- Modrig den Tarrob (2)
- Valdrig den Piriam (3)

I'm probably biased because I always play as materialist, but ah well.

We all have our biases, but I'll say that materialism in itself does very little to give you a great edge in science. Seems to me the overall stability of spiritualism is sometimes better than the +5/15%.

Science is hard to balance for a game like this. If an empire has too strong an edge, they become exponentially stronger, as each science can even be equal to an entire ethos bonus.

- Feldirm den Badir (1)
- Modrig den Tarrob (2)
- Valdrig den Piriam (3)

Also, really enjoyed Aviarium AAR, happy to voice myself in this one. ^^

It's good to see some old readers, though by my count the overall following is down to about half, it's not unexpected some time after release though! I hope to retain at least 10 or so voters for each update, but will continue as long as I have at least 5.

------------------------------
Election results for the 2246 Sovereign election

In the primary round:

- Feldirm den Badir secured the vote of precisely 50 electors, just shy of the required 51.
- Modrig den Tarrob secured the vote of 40 electors.
- Valdrig den Piriam secured the vote of 10 electors.

All of the ten votes for Valdrig den Piriam had marked Feldirm den Badir as their preferred second candidate, hence in the second round, Feldirm den Badir secured the support of 60 members of the Board and was crowned the new Prince.

The Principality would usher in a new age of Progress, Science and showing the Bird People that the Principality would not tolerate their vapid threats.

IS6jsa8.jpg

EM73QIp.jpg

rp5Wf9t.jpg

8Ipf6HE.jpg

Detractors point out that as the Cevelli have not closed off contact yet, the proposal is a solution to a problem which doesn't exist, and that if anything, the Principality is more likely to assume control over the Cemesta system, it is merely in neutral space now - and neither the Aviarium or Cevellis are likely to be able to undo the monstrosity anyway. As for striking in north and south, that striking at the same spot is actually a greater issue, as it would make the southern neighbors have more irrelevant fear than they do already. As a counter to this, supporters also argue that the war, due to overlooking the Cevelli frontier station, did not entirely finish the job it started.

The Issue of Xeno Leadership

There are currently movements within the Principality that argue that the mercantile laws banning species of other species from assuming seats on the board as well as taking leadership positions in the Orders are against the spirit of the Principality. They argue that the Cevelli and especially the naturally talented Bird People should be welcomed into the path of leadership, alongside any other xeno species. They argue that this change would also alleviate some of the concern that the xenos have about Principal leadership, so that if they can become part of it, they would be more invested in its future and also that there is little to no opposition to xeno leadership in the xenophile population at large.

Detractors do little to argue against the merits of both the Bird People and Cevelli, but argue that a blanket permit to allow any species from assuming leadership would backfire the moment that less impressive species are allowed inside the Principality. As a counter to this, proponents argue that any specific leader can always be ignored for leadership, should they not be of sufficient standard. Detractors also argue that Zracon leadership brought the entire Principality this far, while xeno participation is a dangerous unknown, and that in the long run, the xeno mind is truly unknowable.

The Political War of the Clones

Rektor 'The Exile' of Biological and Sociological technology has recently presented his newest invention: Cloning vats, where volunteers can have their minds recorded and spread into multiple biological clones, as to create small brigades of genetically superior warriors. These warriors would join as the vanguard of future wars and be afforded basic rights as citizens while serving for at least 25 years. Proponents cite that only volunteers would be used, hence the clones would implicitly have agreed to the process as well, and that this will minimize war losses.

Detractors state that from the moment they are separated from the first cloned citizen, they are separate souls and cannot be held to the agreement of the originator, though they would agree at first due to being of the same mind. Issues with not being able to return to the volunteer place of birth, which they would remember as their own, are also mentioned.

Voting Bill

War Mandate

- To Capture a Cold-Dweller ( )
- To Finish the Job ( )

The Issue of Xeno Leadership (locks the policy for the rest of the career of the Sovereign)

- Permit Xeno Leadership Participation ( )
- Refuse Xeno Leadership participation ( )

- Permit the use of Clone Troops ( )
- Deny the use of Clone Troops ( )

The election is active until Sunday 4th of December 16:00 CEST (it doesn't actually seem like extending the vote to Monday results in more votes and I'd like to play in the weekend if possible. If people object I will extend to Monday next update. Elections for new Sovereign will always include the full weekend)

Last edited:
I love the amount of detail here.

Peace is the time to prepare for the next war.

War Mandate

- To Capture a Cold-Dweller (X)
- To Finish the Job ( )

The Issue of Xeno Leadership (locks the policy for the rest of the career of the Sovereign)

- Refuse Xeno Leadership participation (X)

- Permit the use of Clone Troops (X)

War Mandate

- To Finish the Job ( )

- Permit Xeno Leadership Participation (X)

I am a staunch believer in the good of Princedom as the good of its people. We will not benefit from averting from diversity. And we will gain much by colonizing cold planets, like ski-resorts for diplomatic purposes.

Clones are as much individual as their parent, and as such fully capable and willing to defend their Princedom. Just let them sign _after_ cloning and they have done so as individuals rather than being sold into servitude by their model.

War Mandate

- To Finish the Job ( )

- Refuse Xeno Leadership participation ()

If others are skilled enough to lead why should we stop them?

Again another great update!

War Mandate

- To Finish the Job (X)

War Mandate

- To Capture a Cold-Dweller ()
- To Finish the Job (X)

- Refuse Xeno Leadership participation ()

- Permit the use of Clone Troops ()
- Deny the use of Clone Troops (X)

We must of course accept our brothers from the other species, but we should not use soldiers with no pure souls of their own. If anything, we should wait until we know more of the psychic technology, as this might solve the problem for us. Zra Protects.

War Mandate

- To Finish the Job (X)

We have to use every resource we have, even if they may be immoral. We also cannot let any of our territory be cut off, if the birds decide to renew hostilities, the autonomy will be the first to fall.

War Mandate

- To Finish the Job (X)

War Mandate

- To Finish the Job ( )

- Refuse Xeno Leadership participation (X)

I feel quite bad going forward with this considering that this being interactive, there's far more involvement from the readers, but here goes:

I played the session except the last two years. I've decided to play until the 2286 point near the election, since the halfway point kind of felt like there was nothing to stop and hold an election about.

- I don't think the Principality setting works very well. I feel the leader elections are actually limiting me in terms of being able to explain it away with "It's just a figurehead president, nobody cares". it also makes the importance of each election very uneven. I miss the 'parties' of the Aviarium, and I don't think it can be salvaged at this point.
- Overall I don't feel like the ethic setup and personality of the Principality conducts itself well to my writing or even playstyle.
- The readership is pretty far down to about 7-8 active voters each update. I sincerely think this is my fault and I don't think the AAR is up to snuff.
- The game isn't working out very well in terms of making an interesting story of gameplay. Slight spoilers: There is only one fallen empire and I managed to "crawl out" unto way too much open space - recently I've unlocked two enormous areas. I think I'm snowballing out of control with only a showdown with the FE and a potential late game crisis to spend the time with. In other words, the game isn't working out, and I think one of the main problems is that I really played much too expansively in the mid game.
- One fallen empire = no war in heaven. One of the reasons I bought the new story DLC :(.

I think the game is a bust in terms of me making it interesting without resorting to weird savegame editing. With 1.4 coming out tomorrow and 1.5 down the line, perhaps now is the time to think about if this should be continued. I've no idea how compatibility from 1.4 to 1.5 will be, though.

I have some ideas for the AAR I was going to start upon the release of Banks, which would return the party mechanics of the Aviarium in a (possible xenophobic?) Direct Democracy or Theocratic Republic, where the players were actually voting for a secret inner council of an Illuminati-like group that actually ran things, either in secret (DD) or out in the open in the guise of being a religious council (theocratic republic)

Anyone willing to weigh in?

Last edited:
I would love to see some sort of xenophobe republic!

The most important thing is that you're comfortable with what you're playing. If this isn't working out, I strongly advise you to go for the choice you prefer.

well the more you enjoy the game itself the better it makes the AAR so do what you would enjoy more

Yeah, but even so I usually prefer to finish what I start. I enjoy writing AARs and they often inspire me to play for longer than I otherwise would, but ironically in this case the result is much the opposite o_O.

I would love to see some sort of xenophobe republic!

The most important thing is that you're comfortable with what you're playing. If this isn't working out, I strongly advise you to go for the choice you prefer.

I never actually played collectivist or xenophobe, personally preferring to stick with individualism and democratic style governments. It seems to me that forming
multi-species empires is not only easy, but far more efficient.

But it's not all about being easy is it?

One problem to face with a xenophobe faction, however, will be the "snowball of evil effect".

- If a "slaving faction" wins the first election, then a "purification faction" next, then followed by a "Supremacist Faction of Un-equals", the latter can't simply liberate slaves, every time they get elected, as the . The solution to this would probably be that the current governments always respects and follows through on the actions of the last one.
- As per the above, no "We're just better, we don't purge or enslave... right now" faction which may win an election will always be known throughout the galaxy as the guys who purged and enslaved all those xenos. In the end, any sort of alliance is unlikely to be fruitful with most other empires.

A few notes I will need to heed myself:

- I must force myself to play a bit 'taller' than I usually do.
- I think 800 or 1000 stars is required to ensure enough fallen empires spawning.
- All Advanced AI still. I think the AI is quite bad at expanding in spiral galaxies, so maybe an ellipse?

-----------------------------

The current plan is to launch a new AAR and to write an update detailing the rest of the rule of our Prince until 2286, possibly after the new AAR is launched. I think it may also illustrate why I think this AAR is fundamentally stuck.

Reactions:
Whilst i'd be sad to see you leave this AAR, if you're not enjoying it then that's fair enough. I think in terms of the interactive part, Democracy probably makes the most sense doesn't it?

I think an aggressive xenophobic Empire could be interesting if you don't make them "evil", just with a sense of superiority. You could play it out like Kipling's Poems where the Empire honestly believes that it is civilizing the galaxy and making it safer.

Will read your next work regardless, mind you!