• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tricky choice this time!

I'm a natural pacifist and prefer to build smaller, "Tall" empires. But I'm not sure how optimal that is. But I think in this case peace is safer and an alliance with the Alvothari will keep the Aviarium from becoming too dangerous.

Election Bill

Relations with the Aviarium Continuum:

- The Birdcage Crusade ( )
- The Gap Must be Closed First (X)

Relations with the Alvothari (again):

- Ever closer (X)
- Build a Space Wall ( )

- The Birdcage Crusade (X)
- The Gap Must be Closed First ( )

- Ever closer ( )
- Build a Space Wall (X)

The Thari have already shown that they're willing to breach Zracon space with impunity, and the Aviarium are clearly militant if currently not overpowering.

Relations with the Aviarium Continuum
-The Birdcage Crusade ()
-The Gap Must Be Closed First (X)

Relations with the Alvothari (again)

-Ever Closer ()
-Build a Space Wall (X)

Hey! It's nice to see you doing another AAR, I loved the first one, even though I joined a little late. Rock on \m/

- Ever closer (X)
- Build a Space Wall ( )

It's abundantly clear from the Aviarium's main southern borders that there is someone else there exerting border pressure. If they immediately close borders and the fleet is on the other side, that would be bad news; especially if there is a path back (so fleet can't just go MIA) but it's very long.

Last edited:

- The Birdcage Crusade (x)

- Ever closer (x)
- Build a Space Wall ()

Bah, silly birds. They don't even care for trade. The way they speak you'd think armies can feed themselves. Besides, what are they even fighting for? The chance to run for office in their godless, tradeless so-called empire? I say we'd be doing them a favour by opening their markets, minds and hearts - even if doing requires some aggressive negotiations.

Oh I laughed a lot at the Alvothari yard cleaning and the "shroom"

- The Gap Must be Closed First (x)

- Ever closer (x)
- Build a Space Wall ( )

- Ever closer (X)
- Build a Space Wall ( )

Tricky choice this time!

I'm a natural pacifist and prefer to build smaller, "Tall" empires. But I'm not sure how optimal that is. But I think in this case peace is safer and an alliance with the Alvothari will keep the Aviarium from becoming too dangerous.

Election Bill

- Ever closer (X)
- Build a Space Wall ( )

I, er...

I'm a crazy expansionist. Doesn't have to be militarist, but it seems to me that going wide just makes for a better foundation for erecting an even taller empire upon.

- The Birdcage Crusade (X)

- Ever closer ( )
- Build a Space Wall (X)

The Thari have already shown that they're willing to breach Zracon space with impunity, and the Aviarium are clearly militant if currently not overpowering.

They're kind of jerks this time around :-l.

Relations with the Aviarium Continuum
-The Birdcage Crusade ()
-The Gap Must Be Closed First (X)

Relations with the Alvothari (again)

-Ever Closer ()
-Build a Space Wall (X)

Hey! It's nice to see you doing another AAR, I loved the first one, even though I joined a little late. Rock on \m/

Cheers. Always good to see old readers joining in.

- Ever closer (X)
- Build a Space Wall ( )

It's abundantly clear from the Aviarium's main southern borders that there is someone else there exerting border pressure. If they immediately close borders and the fleet is on the other side, that would be bad news; especially if there is a path back (so fleet can't just go MIA) but it's very long.

Yes, I suspected the same, but would check first if the war had passed.

- The Birdcage Crusade (x)

- Ever closer (x)
- Build a Space Wall ()

Bah, silly birds. They don't even care for trade. The way they speak you'd think armies can feed themselves. Besides, what are they even fighting for? The chance to run for office in their godless, tradeless so-called empire? I say we'd be doing them a favour by opening their markets, minds and hearts - even if doing requires some aggressive negotiations.

It's almost like they have a group of militarist madbirds voting in a parliament always advocating war, whenever for conquest or "democracy".

What a sham!

Oh I laughed a lot at the Alvothari yard cleaning and the "shroom"

- The Gap Must be Closed First (x)

- Ever closer (x)
- Build a Space Wall ( )

It was funny. And a bit sad. I expected the Aviarium might be democratic crusaders with individualism+militarism if they turned up, but they didn't have to be so bigoted as well :-(.

------------------------------

Election results: 3rd Quarterly Executive Meeting of the Directors under Virpim den Hullos

- With 70 votes for and 30 votes against, "The gap must be closed" was chosen as the official policy. There would be no war initiated by the Principality at this stage.
- With 80 votes for and 20 against, "Ever closed" was chosen as the policy towards the Coalition of Thari, and work begun to form a defensive alliance with the Alvothari leadership.

4th Quarterly Report of Her Holy Sovereign, Princess Virpim den Hullos I: 2230-2240 "Titanic Troubles"

Quotes for the update:

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down

Helpless people on a subway train
Scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh no, they say he's got to go go go Godzilla
Oh no, there goes Tokyo go go Godzilla

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

- Blue Öyster Cult - Godzilla

wbzg3Ee.jpg

End of Chapter 1 quarter 4, end of chapter 1 and the reign of Virpim den Hullos. May the Zra guide her.

------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a 6-7 year regency update with no votes where I make sure there are at least 2 viable candidates for the next election. It'll take some in-game time to gain the necessary influence and rebuilding in general. The update will also have contain a comprehensive update on the status of the Principality and the rest of the Galaxy, that you might make an informed choice. I expect it up sometime next week, so that an election can take place until Monday 28th.

In case you're wondering, plutocracies are far harder to work with for interactive AARs than I thought they would be.

Last edited:
For the sake of the record, I've already played until 2246 to solve the issue at hand. It wasn't planned until I realized the problem when the election came up.

There literally wasn't a candidate I was sure would live more than 10 or so years. I didn't want a pointless election to determine the winner of that.

Makes sense. You want a good stretch with a given leader.

Yeah, pretty much. The election for Sovereign means a lot in general. A pacifist will not always offer a war in mid-reign elections, while a strict militarist may give the option between two targets, for example.

It'd be annoying for such a choice only to matter for a single update and... honestly be a huge time investment for me to make these chapters each time!

Intermission 1 - The Feldirm Regency 2240-2246

Quote for the update
---------------------------------
I awaken and the sensation is much like drowning. My body, buoyant and pulsing in the low light, is tethered to the fallow earth. I reach out as if the sky were made of rungs, but the air resists me in all the ways possible without touch. My wings are damp with sweat and sculpted in repose, but both are lies as I’ve earned neither. Who is it that gives deception as gifts? I hate it here, this place that is somewhere in the middle. Where can I go if I am denied flight? How can I stay if I am denied presence? These questions fill the night air, crowding my wings and obscuring the light. But I know I am not the fog, but I also know that I am.

- Chazaqiel, Angel of Fog, from the Angelarium by Peter Mohrbacher
---------------------------------

dt9uDXe.jpg

Voting Bill

Please rank the candidates in order from the one you favor the most to win (1), second best (2) to least (3). If not all three are ranked, the vote will be considered invalid.

- Feldirm den Badir ( )
- Modrig den Tarrob ( )
- Valdrig den Piriam ( )

The election is active until Monday 28th 16:00 CEST

Last edited:
I appreciate the amount of detail that you go into for these updates.

Voting Bill

- Feldirm den Badir (2)
- Modrig den Tarrob (3)
- Valdrig den Piriam (1)

Better to engineer conflicts with hostile factions at a time of the Principality's choosing, not theirs.

- Feldirm den Badir (2)
- Modrig den Tarrob (1)
- Valdrig den Piriam (3)

Can always cut losses re: federation and conquer them later, when the Principality is stronger. As-is, we need to pick our enemies carefully. 2k fleet strength with an empire that large is not exactly ideal for defence.

- Feldirm den Badir (1)
- Modrig den Tarrob (2)
- Valdrig den Piriam (3)

Personally, I kind of want to see a federation formed, but otherwise I perfer the policies of Badir being more nessecary for the Principality's success overall. Active research will help with more research output and even more uplifting of worthy species.

As ever there is a lot of information to process which makes taking part way more fun! I think the Aviarium need to be put down but I don't think the Principality can risk the war just yet. A wider coalition of allies may well be necessary!

- Feldirm den Badir (2)
- Modrig den Tarrob (1)
- Valdrig den Piriam (3)

- Feldirm den Badir (1)
- Modrig den Tarrob (3)
- Valdrig den Piriam (2)

Under us, the birds will learn their place in the galaxy. Once they are dealt with, our technology will be important in order to keep our position in the galaxy.