• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Crusader Kings II Expansion Now Available

CK2_Conclave_forum_post.png

Once upon a time there was a king. He had amassed a large kingdom through the assistance and guidance of his wise councilors. Their skill, martial prowess and intelligence were guided by total loyalty to the king’s royal will. But these men, all drawn from the most powerful nobles in the realm, were not immortal. Now their equally powerful children hold their fathers’ seats, and they seem to have ideas of their own.

Crusader Kings II: Conclave, the newest expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s critically acclaimed medieval grand-strategy game, is now available at major digital retailers and the Paradox store. This expansion focuses on the internal dynamics of managing a realm with powerful vassals demanding to be heard on the royal council. How much power can you give to your advisors before you stop feeling like a king?

Conclave also includes:

- new realm laws to fine tune the future and culture of your country (including female inheritance)
- fine tuning of how much money or gold you expect from your vassals
- new diplomatic system returns royal marriages to the center of medieval politics
- changes to the military game, including renting your soldiers out as mercenaries

And, we're releasing a new content pack - the cleverly named Crusader Kings II: Conclave Content Pack, to bring you new cosmetic changes to your game including world wonders, new portraits for some nations, and some new unit designs. It is sold separately.

And, as usual, whether you buy Conclave or not, the release is accompanied by a free, major patch that will improve Crusader Kings II for everyone.

So raise your banners. The council is in session.

You can buy the expansion in our webshop!

Full Patch Notes 2.5.1

There will also be a FREE DLC available to you if you verified the email address on your Paradox Account: The South Indian Portraits Pack!

The South Indian Portraits pack adds new clothing and thousands of unique face combinations for both male and female characters while playing as any South Indian Nation.

You can find the key for your free DLC in your Paradox Account page (click your name in the top right corner here) under the Keys tab!

More info here!

Reactions:
Reactions:
Oh my God, I am so excited, why do I have to work for another two and a half hours. All I want is to ignore my council, misguide my children and watch my empire burn.

Reactions:
Cool, but 20 euros in total... isn't that a little too much for what could essentially be done with one programmer and one artist... I mean the Old Gods had the same price and added a completely new bookmark (requiring another person, a historian). I still buy this, since I have a mod to update, but these overpriced DLC's (and combination contentpacks) are really getting out of proportion.

Reactions:
guys playing the 2.5 patch (no conclave yet so maybe it will change) BUT erik the heathen has a non aggression pact with stenkil until his 37 year old sister dies.
I can't join a faction, I can't revolt, all I can do is wait for her to die OR wait for him to revoke me as a pagan- which he will do when he feels strong enough and/or when i'm weak.
I understand that mah sistah is practically a captive but she's catholic I'm paranoid and I have a claim on the throne (so the "rightfully chosen" king in my eyes is an usurper) so I shouldn't care for her. Oh and btw he got rid of consumption in a month but that's myluck so no complaint there.

The Pdox store is still loading (for more than 30 seconds...) and Steam doesn't show lowered prices for CK2 dlcs.

I'm sad, I want to use this opportunity to buy the protrait packs but now there's no opportunity. Fortunately the south Indian portraits will come for free so I'm happy anyway. ^^

I am a little confused, what does the DLC add in particular?

Is the patch notes everything that is free? Or is the patch notes everything including the DLC?

I have all the other DLCs except Horselords, and this one... I haven't played the game in like a year... so I forgot how to differentiate whats in the patch versus whats in the main dlc.