• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys, It's now certain that I'll continue to play with 1.9.2 patch, because Devs said that 1.10 wasn't compatible with old patch games. So I got only one choice.

Do not change to new patch. Made all my vassals go free. Also it made HRE dismantle as it killed all rulers or something..
Well, Devs have already stated that it wouldn't be compatible, so I think if you plan to play in 1.10, you should probably start a new game. Besides, since the DLC was just released and with a grand patch, there will be likely lots of bugs. If you want to complete older games, you should set steam Beta version to 1.9.2. Then you can play the new patch when the bugfixing is done. I don't say I know any bugs in the new patch, but big patches usually come with bugs.
If you mean the new liberty desire mechanics for vassals, yeah, I got lots of vassals as well, they could easily disobey my orders :D
Excuse me, but would you please tell me how can you continue annexing Kazakh and Gujarat after the annexation of Sind?
Shouldn't there be a -3 on diplomatic reputation and makes any further annexing impossible?

And of course, thank you for this great AAR.
Thanks, and of course I can explain.

You surely get -3 diplomatic reputation when you integrate a country, but my other modifiers to increase diplomatic reputation are so high that, it only slows the process, not makes it impossible.

To clear up, my diplomatic reputation modifiers are :

+1 from 100 legitimacy
+2 from Influence ideas
+2 from advisor
-3 from annexed subjects

for a total of +2. Yeah, it would make my diplomatic reputation 0 if my advisor suddenly died, and I had no diplomatic reputation advisor to choose. But then, I could still get +1 diplomatic reputation and continue annexing by getting the policy from Influence-Humanist

As a conclusion, diplomatic reputation is a very valuable thing with all those vassal-feedings being done. In fact, I usually like combining diplomatic group with Influence. I didn't in this run. But if you ever play someone like Austria, and combine those 2 idea sets, and get a diplomatic reputation advisor and whatever policy is there, you'll be shocked to see how many countries are willing to accept diplo-vassalisation just because of that diplomatic reputation. Let aside Austria(who gets diplomatic reputation from NI), as Spain I diplo-vassalised a 39 Base Tax Sweden(that's the limit anyway, you can't diplo vassalise 40 and over), which was really huge because Scandinavian provinces are so poor except the Danish provinces, which that Sweden didn't have, and it felt good to get it under control as easy as that :D

Last edited:
Part 22(1558-1563)

2UP05xF.png

Uh, what a cost ! Yes, and that's without all of his cores. And also, with %50 cost reduction from idea/policy. I expect him to cost at least 2k power by that time comes...
It's because it doesn't count the autonomy when integrating vassals. China has pretty high BT, as it would be expected, but Ming has a minimum autonomy of %50 and a bunch of severe negative modifiers that make it not that as strong as it'd have been. In early dates of EU III, Ming had no such restrictions, and as the richest country in the whole world, it would just conquer everything in Asia and even reach Europe usually.

8kpbO08.png

Ah, the beautiful view of sieging.

mZlGNPY.png

Very cool indeed ;)

UEcT5Ti.png

And then the Paradox gods said "Take that and call it cool again now"
Well I got no heir now... No new regency please, dear Paradox gods.

laL3lOm.png

A little information about coalitions now. I declare war on Yue, but he hasn't joined the coalition. Why? Because you have time untill the month ends to declare the war before your truce with that nation ends. That's because AI does most of the things he does on a monthly basis.
So, the day my truce ended, I just attacked Yue. This will pull in other countries with cores from Ming as well.

ufGAt3i.png

So I got the "Trading in Silk" modifier which reduced my accepted culture treshold by %10 more, and now Russians are being accepted. As the Ottomans, you can actually make fun of that mechanic by stacking accepted culture treshold modifiers. In the end, you'll end up accepting all cultures except Albanian(1 BT :( ) in your empire.

2VlaSda.png

I simply don't care about AE in Asia anymore :p

rMHqdnX.png

But it's always better to be able to take lands(cores of Ming via reconquest CB) without paying anything.

I'll have to do some maths before taking provinces with power in later because I don't want my annexation processes to halt down.
Both of the annexations will need a total of 212 more diplomatic power. By the time last annexation is complete, I'll have gained about roughly 108 diplomatic power. Right now I got 446. So 446+108-212= I can spend about 342 more diplomatic power without slowing down the integration.
Though I may end up spending more, it's not that terribly bad to slow it down a bit.

G8LZAlV.png

Those lands aren't worth anything. They are 1 BT. The only real reason I pay 20 diplomatic power for each of them is just to be able to connect my Western lands to my Eastern lands. I mean, I still haven't but, I can in the future, If I can take one land from Timurids and give it to Delhi.

dNjsbog.png

So I take all my claims from QQ. Since I'm coring those provinces now, I'll be delaying the Mamluk war a bit, untill the coring ends. Coring ends in no time with claim anyway.

2TvjYvT.png

So now I feed Lan Xang with some right culture provinces.It's good to weaken Ayyutthaya.

lFZv56w.png

So ming gets just another core back. Also it's a gold province, so now it should help Ming maintain a bigger army. But I'd be more happy if he had a considerable navy.

Z9JZoZj.png

Huh, just another Mehmed, and he is quite good just like his ancestor.

0Owu5oX.png

Ridicoulus Portuguese... At least he hasn't taken any Silk province yet.

hjuEBYK.png

OHH! He was just born... Anyway, he didn't die.

wHkWdwn.png

Well, Hedjaz had a claim there so I just gave him what he wanted.

CUYDZRy.png

My corings were done, so I sent the peace to the Mamluks as well. I could take a lot more, but I don't want to spend anymore diplomatic power so I took whatever claim I could.

Abl1wEz.png

Well, what can I say? It's just Kurland :D

Ad4qWD4.png

I admire Oman's bravery during the last war(where he successfully landed on China and sieged down a province) and I'm not taking any land in return :p Though they got some annoying alliances that better be broken.

HOZtjTS.png

Meh, I can't resist the desire to take lands anymore... There is one core of Delhi left now, which is Multan. I couldn't take it since it was the capital.

TrUTQzL.png

Huh, he didn't get many rebels. And that one stack will be wiped out by him anyway. OK, no problem then. Still it's a waste of monarch points for him. Because I just wanted him to fill his idea groups, so that he could finally get that NI which grants him a colonist.

rJI65gu.png

This event is absolutely CRAZY. +1 stability and discipline... %10 ?? Wow. %10 discipline is so high that even Prussia(who gets the most) gets 7.5 from NIs.

3nKGNCj.png

This event was a Quantity versus Quality event. Because the other option was :

Manpower +%25
Manpower recovery +%15
Infantry Combat Ability -%10
Discipline -%5

So I chose Quality. Because I can afford mercs anyway. And even without that extra modifier, my manpower recovery is so good that you can notice I got a nice amount of manpower even now with all those wars.

jditmMy.png

Kazakh is now a part of our nation :) And it's accepted culture right away. Too bad the autonomies are really high... All %100 except one province :D I'll need to connect them to my capital, so I'll lose the -%75 autonomy modifier from those provinces being colonies... Anyway, I'll have to war Timurids sooner or later.

NiHD3Rc.png

Huh, you think so?

IPLI736.png

You're too weak to continue living on your own. You better obey my good vassal Ming.

cXyJFtg.png

I took 2 cores for Ming. I could take 1 more but it was a 1 BT province and I decided not to pay 20 diplo for that. I know they make dirty borders but I can just conquer them all once I've integrated Ming :D Ah btw, for some reason Ming has just 1 more core on that nation, which is capital. You know, you can't take the capital directly unless it's wargoal and you just take it or it's isolated. So I'll take the capital later I guess, it's still a core of Ming. Ah by the way, I priotized the coastal core province over other cores. Because nations will join coalitions if they either share a land border, or both of you have access to sea. Since he now only borders Ming, he won't be joining in a coalition against me.

2mS3bxm.png

I had to pay diplo cost for taking over that Island ... Because I couldn't reach it due to Yue's fleet that blockaded it. Yeah, that's the reason I'd be happy if Ming built a good nice navy. Anyway, I paid 20 power to take those 2 lands as well. Now Yue's capital is just the only Ming core he has.
Ah also, I'm at peace :) You know what time it is??? Your guess?? Vassal annexing? Ah no! It's time to-to-to-tooo

Rx6Y6d5.png

What a war. Huh. Portugal and few more countries joined too. I wish there was a map showing the leagues. That way we could see whole Europed painted in yellow and blue.
Finally I'm in the Protestant side... Austria was getting out of control, so anything that slowed down his mad expansion spree would be in my favor.
I won't even need to fight really, since my side is obviously stronger and can win without my interaction. Though I'm quite sure some brave Iberians will storm my coasts.
Anyway, I'll go and fight to show them our strength! Also, if I don't fight and France doesn't get enough help, Austria+Castile+Portugal can easily dominate France(not that easily, couse that's the stupid AI, and they will instead walk into French territory one by one and the French death stack will take them over...)
That doesn't mean Protestant side would lose of course. Just that peace of Westalphia could happen. In which case, Austria would still be emperor. If the Protestants won, Austria would no longer be eligible to become the emperor and some random Protestant nation would take over the emperorship.

N1jDxrW.png

I don't know what to say for that Kurland :D Even though I know by heart that it's Sweden winning his war, it's still amazing to see it like that.

JNCKEyZ.png

Ah, and here is the peace deal.

dBpdUqM.png

I can declare wars again, once I've joined the League. I'll still be in the war when our side decides to declare the war.
For some reason Muscovy claimed Polotsk. Now that Polotsk has just been released and is weak with no allies, I can abuse this to my advantage.

All beginnings have an ending it is said, and that was the end of this chapter. I've reached the 32 image limit again :D See you later in the next chapter, feel free to comment or ask questions to me ;)

Oh well, my bad. Didn't aware that there may be an advisor.
Thank you for the explanation and wish you luck in the future on this great AAR.
Support is always appreciated =)
Any colonies?
Not yet :( I was gonna get expansion but when I found out that I could instead make Muscovy my vassal, obviously it was the most efficient way, I delayed that.
Do you want colonies? Then I can get expansion and colonise anywhere within my range, it won't hurt me anyway, though I won't need the CB much by the time its completed.
Or you want New World colonies?

Part 23(1563-1566)

1R3uGgN.png

Nogai is crippled to death. A good reason to attack a country. With Tribal Feud CB also.
I'm not sure whether I should just do it or not, but I guess in order to use the Crimean Tribal Feud CB(which requires the target horde to be a neighbour of Crimea) against Oirat and some other hordes in the Manchu area, I may connect Crimean lands to Oirat via Timurids. We'll see.

irQyTlk.png

Ah, here it happens what I guess would happen with Multan in earlier wars for Delhis cores. For some reason hordes like to vassalise their enemies(it's not uncommon to see QQ with vassals all around, like it also happened in my AAR). Timurids decided it was good to vassalise Nogai and go to war with me... Obviously AI never considers that he will get dragged into the war if he vassalises the target. Otherwise, he'd never have the courage to act like that. Anyway, I'm dragged in to a war against Timurids, but there is no coalition to save Timurids now...

A7lOmyu.png

See, the land connection I've made with the Timurids prove its usefulness now. I can use my Chinese army to siege down Timurids, while my other armies are still waging wars in the West.

vPxuSPN.png

Heh, destroy them all.

DgetQMV.png

Oh, you're right. I'm not a threat at all. No need to fear really.

WJ7olP7.png

The integration process of Gujarat is done, and the culture is accepted as well.
From now on, I'll be feeding the Southern parts of India to Bahmanis. And the North can be fed to Delhi.

BNtsIi4.png

Uh.

CAtMjkj.png

Soon, with the joined forces of our vassals the party starts.

4nUQlIe.png

Destroy !

keN2YdF.png

Giving Muscovy more Russian culture lands. Too bad he can't form Russia because he is a vassal though :(
That'd mean a union over all the Russian culture, which is huge.
Muscovy will have a claim on Polotks untill 1586, so I'll be able to declare war once again after the truce ends. I mean to take Polotsk for myself and fabricate a claim on Kurland(sorry kurland!) and make him call is ally Sweden in as well, in the war.

Z2c3wGg.png

Gave Crimea a province of GH. It costs nothing due to Tribal Feud.

IXjrNMS.png

I don't think declaring war on Heretics should increase piety to be honest.

KVo52Ol.png

Did you know you could fabricate claim on someone you are at war with ? Yes. It's just that you have to send the diplomat before fabricating the claim, and then declare war. The claim will be done during the war. Though you can do it once at a time.

860m1HP.png

#ThingsAIdoes . GB invaded Vijayanagar because he had claims on his lands due to the mission for India, and then took only his money.
Also notice that Portugal set me as rival... I won't be able to beat his navy, but he will never dare attacking me anyway.

L7iLbSP.png

AI has a march? I'm not really sure if he has been a march since the start. Possibly that. Because I've never seen AI make a march actually.

4n3PNV4.png

Getting rid of nations that make my borders dirty :p

lTvepWU.png

See Orissa, I'm no threat to you at all after all. Also he's at war with Great Britain too... Don't worry dude, I just want to protect your people from the infidels out there.

cJyMUT8.png

Gave Delhi 2 very high BT(6 and 7) provinces. So it's worth the diplo I pay.

Id4EYYC.png

In fact, I could have connected Crimea to Oirat... But Crimea wouldn't be able to core all those lands. Because for some reason you can't core a province on the other side of the Caspian Sea :D
So I gave him two provinces of Nogai, that he won't be able to core for some time. But I did it to isolate "Nogay" , the Nogai capital. When I give it to Crimea as well, he'll be able to core those provinces. For now, it will just serve its purpose by giving me Tribal Feud against Timur.
Also connected my lands so that they wouldn't be counted overseas. I could have taken a lot more provinces, but since Crimea wouldn't be getting those provinces they wouldn't be counted as war goals... Which means I'd have to pay lots of diplo cost for each of them. I paid very little by just taking 2 for my own. Ah, also one more to Delhi. Finally giving Delhi that province meant that my Western lands were connected into the lands of my Eastern vassals. Notice that I gave it to Delhi, because Ming sucks really, with %50 autonomy floor. It's a lot better to give it to Delhi who can make more use of it.
The peace costs a total of 75 points.

By the way, the league war hasn't started yet... Maybe I should start it , eh ? :D We may see the biggest war in the history of world untill this day in the next chapter... Or the chapter after that at worst.:cool:

Part 24(1566-1570)

n9EFhyk.png

Well, just deal with them Ming.

bKMegvO.png

British, stealing our prize.

XAHrvCA.png

Well I just take the province I have claim on, because I can get the remainder with a claim anytime. Besides +%100 core creation cost hurts... It's better to have claim.

Yx7TFZM.png

Fully annexed Georgia because I had claims on all of his 2 provinces. That's because his capital was isolated from his other piece of land. You can claim isolated capitals. Though even with all those core creation cost reducing modifiers, the core cost is pretty... A lot. Hostile core creation cost thing is one of the worst things in this game... And I hope one day Paradox will find a real solution for some countries not to get annexed instead of implying such a lame mechanic.
For those who don't know : Increased core cost makes you less likely to get attacked by the AI because AI is coded to calculate such things. That's why you'll often see areas like Brittany untouched for quite a lot of time in some games. Well, I said AI, but it actually makes real players less likely(a lot) to attack you in Multiplayer as well:laugh: Just play Morocco sometime and stack whatever core creation cost increasing idea/policy exists.But your friends may hate you...

By the way, Sweden is the leader of the Protestant league... And everybody is waiting for him to start the war. I guess he'll never have the courage for that. Anyway. I promised you a war in Europe, so I'll do it one way or another.

NFjumXN.png

It's fine to take a province for Delhi. It's 5 BT and accepted culture of Delhi anyway.

DAy8E4Z.png

Shun exists nomore.

WGIRVqF.png

And so is Jin

o1dq9yx.png

Well, I don't like paying those diplo costs ... But I'll pay it anyways.

J752Ns2.png

Uh. Someone really hate me.

jct3AgM.png

I could get more but that's ok. Also I'm at peace now. Yay.

oM5IUdZ.png

This I will

2VvTfJc.png

And I just did. Won't even enact the policy because the cost is low, it's not worth it. I got no other vassal to annex right now... Improving relations with them take too long. And I also have to claim constantly. Diplomatic idea group would be useful..

rjEFPPi.png

There is nobody to defend Serbia, and his alliance with France is broken. That gold mine has stayed in the hands of the infidel for far too long. Even though I don't really need gold...

vjqQwNQ.png

You though that was all? NOPE. My Italian campaign finally continues after a very long break.
Now you might have thought "OH WOW FRANCE YES KICK THEM" , sorry but France won't be in this war :( And it's exactly why I chose that moment to attack Aragon. But the tooltip stated that France would join. How not so? Well, the tooltip isn't the always true, it's common to see wrong tooltips in this game to be honest.

Here is the thing, when you are at war with someone, you can't be at war with him in more than one wars OR be at war with him and be ally of him in a war(that doesn't mean an alliance always, just fighting on the same side). So France was at war with Aragon, that meant he wouldn't be called into my war against Aragon... Who also lost his other allies due to .. Well, European Politics let's say.

I was actually planning to attack Lithuania but when I spotted that 2 easy wars, the plans have changed.

8CD5HEN.png

Heh, I can westernise. But I WON'T do it. Just to let you know. Aside from the fact that I don't really need it, westernising means that you won't be able to vassalise Indian and Chinese tech... They will be protectorate, which you can't use for feeding and can't annex.
Though your currenct Chinese/Indian vassals stay as they are. Also there are some ways to get Chinese vassals even as Westerners, but that's another subject. So if you want to take over India/China via use of vassals, you better not westernise unless you're Muslim or below.

chzFz1X.png

Knowing where your enemy will retreat, or forcing the enemy to retreat to where you desire them to, is the key to win difficult wars. Many people complain wars against France... Yes, that's because they never actualyl manage to stack wipe their armies. France is so powerful and wealthy that, it won't matter how many men he lost, he'll keep getting more and more mercs forever. This, combined with the fact that their deathstacks flee away to the farthest part of the nation(i.e Southest to Northest or vice versa). If you catch a retreating stack on the first month of that it lost the battle, you will instantly stackwipe it. That's TOO strong. Even like 4-5 men regiment cant stackwipe a 30 men French deathstack with 0 morale. Now think of that. What you want to do is, to make them retreat to somewhere close, so that they have no way to gain morale untill you stackwipe... There are more tricks ofc, but in this case I just did an easy one. Blockading, so he can only run away 1 province. Easy stack wipe even though 1 month passed so he regained some morale.

What's next? More wars in Europe? Or better... A war with the grand coalition heh? Probably coalition first, because otherwise many Europeans will join the coalition as well.

Part 25(1570-1574)

2VwDMsh.png

Still, the religious war hasn't started and the unchallenged Austrian beast keeps growing.

ZosWVB4.png

Coalition in the moment.

NOm0jXB.png

"Uh I need another leader but I'm at the upkeep limit it will cost me MP! I should make my ruler a general"
NEVER! Unless you're a republic of course... And maybe in some rare cases like getting rid of that Castilian heir at start.

c9emuqU.png

Hey. Fetch me a coalition.

8HoZlH3.png

Well, they got a considerable size I'll admit that.

L3O3JMK.png

Got my gold mine that I don't need at all and Raguse because of Important Center of trade, and Zeta just to make sure I have prettier borders by connecting my lands. Gold doesn't hurt anyway. I mean, yes, inflation hurts but the inflation you get from mining depends on the percentage of income you get out of gold out of all other incomes. Since my incomes from tax,production and trade are so high, the inflation won't be high.

jqicGVE.png

The growth of the Habsburg Empire continues... Who will stop this madness? Who?

zpg670Q.png

Of course the ambitious Archduke of Austria will secure an alliance with the newly released nation of Wallachia, to prevent it from entering our sphere of influence. He can probably diplo vassalise Wallachia as well...

QyqTb1N.png

Poof. Magic. See how to handle coalition. I just declared war on easy peasy Uzbek, who is an OPM and the whole coalition is immediately crushed just by sieging one province. Because that's the warleader. Beware though, they've changed this in 1.10 and it no longer works. But, still there should be some people like me who keeps playing 1.9.2 so they can use it.
But also remember that annexing Uzbek caused me 15 years truce with all the coalition. So If you're on a WC run, you should probably avoid annexing and just white peace to get 5 years of truce.

Xs5kTch.png

I get to annex Uzbek on top of the pleasure of getting rid of the coalition.

GIHtxjm.png

One thing to remember about Horde vassals is that, they will reform sooner or later. See that Crimea has taken administrative ideas. He can reform the government once he's done the group, which will make him useless for me because I need him as a horde. Anyway, that's why people sometimes prefer hordes such as Kara Del who will reform very very late or probably never, and feed them all the hordes.

WoQfnlM.png

I've waited for some cores to be done to end the war with Aragon. Always check overextension. I could have ended this war a lot earlier, but then, I'd be getting %116 OE which would break my empire apart, or at least cause my men to waste themselves on the rebel scourge.

1huG8L3.png

Historically the region of Naples was tossed up between European great powers for most of the time, now it's time that Napless will be ceded to the Ottoman Empire. I also take their money and war reparations. Not that I need though...
Well, that should make Europe form a coalition against me :D (Austria joined right away :p)
Notice that religion plays a great matter when considering who will get more/less AE. When I was conquering the Muslims in India, the Hindus didn't care much and didn't even join the coalition untill I brough the war to the Hindus as well.
And since I'm a Sunni nation conquering Catholic, they react with getting increased AE from me.

aWMrQ6d.png

Rivalling Portugal back.

ns2RYJJ.png

Yep, I'll just go to war with France. Gotta get rid of that Defender of the Faith. It's disgusting. Though I don't like going to war with France actually, because I wanted him to crush Austria and now Austria will crush France :/ I'm kinda behind in tech(yellow) right now, but it's ok because France is light green and still our military techs are the same ; 13.

kGz3oLC.png

Uh, hi?

1I5VeSt.png

Get away from my provinces!

xXXRvKO.png

And the Polish join the war on the Lithuanian side... Stupid AI.. Historical friend modifier is too strong. After Lithuania beating Poland and taking Polish provinces they are allied now:laugh:

0WXlLvD.png

Somebody, deal with the Golden Horde too please.

dbgQgYR.png

Lol that land got just 1 BT. Time to live under my lordship.

vXFdQ7Z.png

You didn't think I forgot you, or did you? What a pity.

HzazFKm.png

Taking Poland out of war was easy. I had nothing to gain from him, and I didn't really want to deal with his revolts. So I just put a few troops on his provinces and he accepts my white peace offer peacefully.

BZKmJ6w.png

Kurland doing his stuff again :D
Btw the French landed about 20 men on the Albanian shores by bypassing my fleet, but it's ok I was prepared for it and it didn't take much to wipestack that stack. You should get used to AI behaviour like this. I knew where France would attack from, so I left a force there, and my armies have prevailed.

PIvXPpX.png

Dunno what. I actually gave occupation to Crimea but I guess there was some sort of an error so I annexed GH instead... Anyway.

ofEL1ds.png

Geez. That's one big Ottomans man.

KJhb9R7.png

I just give it to Muscovy who has a claim there. I don't take it for myself to fabricate claims from there, because I can take a neighbouring province of Kurland from Lithuania as well.

xV7juu9.png

So I'm done with that 1 BT OPM as well. Too disgusting core cost modifiers there. Lol.

Anyways that was it, I've been writing slow for some time due to RL matters. I hope It doesn't hurt your interest in the AAR :)

You should make use of dynamic provinces names for immersion :D
Heh, it would be cool, but I didn't get dynamic names at start :D Mainly because I'm so used to playing with the same province names everytime that it becomes difficult in cases like searching a province in the search bar. If I can change that option in ironman, I can for sure, but I guess I can't.

Part 26(1574-1579)

JBiabHb.png

Gotcha! btw, naval leaders don't really matter as much as land leaders. That's why I don't have one. I don't have to naval tradition to get a godlike naval leader as well anyway. Really, naval battles are just about number advantage for most of the time right now...(same in 1.10) That's why naval ideas are generally considered kinda bad.

0Mt419w.png

See, I lose nothing

rgdFXt8.jpg

France got access through Milan's territory, but it's ok because Austria won't give him access since they hate each other.

aOedH4M.png

Ah, France...

mL9HSJb.png

Austria doesn't even surprise me anymore, when I notice that he diplo vassalised the Papal State.

nLoJyFH.png

That... I never seen happen before. Really strange. Normally they never ever ally, because even after England lose his cores on the continent, they still stay rivals forever... Very strange indeed. Though bad news, GB hasn't rivalled Austria. So if France attacks Austria, GB may not join(but probably will). Anyway, if they manage to beat up Austria it's good to slow down his expansion.

mqzfdpA.png

I just take the islands in the Aegean Sea from Genoa. It's hard to take anymore from them without occupying Liguria, in which a huge French death stack is sitting. No need to bother with the French :p Though I'm sieging 2 French provinces peacefully right now... But I may not even need it... We'll see.

CFBZnX3.png

Tough times for Austria. Hope he never gets away from this.

upmn8NZ.png

The French have military tech 14 and I have 13... He also has taken Offensive(7) and Defensive(2) on top of his NIs. Arrgh. But I'm still winnning. Though I can end this war without this battle, it's always fun to beat the French armies :p

8HLNNuh.png

Do you remember the time I was allied to Poland? Wow man, such a shame, that's the worst Poland I've seen since Art of War.

ERiDIOG.png

And then France started building mercs... He will continue doing it untill he's completely broken. Well, I got not much to gain from France. I don't know. I could take a province and release Guyenne, but is it worth it? No need to do that I think.

uKS0e2y.png

See, easy way out. When the war goes on for 5 years, only the score against the warleader counts. So Lithuania is %100 occupied.

anNYcFk.png

Now I'll show you a way to exploit the peace cost... See that the peace costs me 120. But there is a way to cost it 100. Now I just take what I want and click on send, then don't unpause the game.

a5L7dJR.png

Culture convert untill you have 0 diplomatic power.

D0N4pcK.png

Pass one day, the peace is accepted and you have -100 power now. Yeah, cool right? I saved 20 points by just doing that. It's useless for peace deals that cost below 100 but it may sometimes be crazy valuable when you peace out with 350-400 diplo points. But It's actually honestly the first time in this game I've done this. Don't know if you would count this too cheesy. Just wanted to share.
Anyway, don't forget to cancel the conversions to get your precious points back afterwards ;)

E4jNSNk.png

Meh, I had enough peace. Let's go to war again :D

Fq7MXgM.png

Come on, coalition !

6BORqZy.png

WOW! A perfect ending picture for this part!

I got some internet issues nowadays, so I can't write much untill I can fix it sadly. But I still keep writing whenever I can, so keep tuned!

Nice AAR, I was enjoying it from the very first moment and still am! :D
That's very nice of yours dude!

This AAR is phenomenal. You are just rolling over everyone. :D

The only game of EUIII that I ever finished was with the Ottomans. They're an incredibly fun nation to play. :)

I wonder if the diplo cost trick still works in 1.11 or where we are now. Its only fair to cheese the game because the diplo costs meter is buggy and makes you pay dioplo costs for vassals or costs which arent shown as needed!!

This AAR is phenomenal. You are just rolling over everyone. :D

The only game of EUIII that I ever finished was with the Ottomans. They're an incredibly fun nation to play. :)

Hah, yeah exactly when you play the Ottomans, you get that feeling that you have to roflstomp everyone around you:rofl:
I wonder if the diplo cost trick still works in 1.11 or where we are now. Its only fair to cheese the game because the diplo costs meter is buggy and makes you pay dioplo costs for vassals or costs which arent shown as needed!!
Diplo cost tooltip is indeed wrong for at least half of the cases. But, just as a reminder, your vassals will never pay the diplomatic cost. They are automatically transferred to you(or the overlord).

As for the exploit, It should still work because I don't see any fixes being made based on the patch notes. Though I haven't tried, and there are always hidden patch changes. Like that, they added a Jewish province and a tag for them, did you know that? :p
I can say it should still work but I haven't tried it in the new patch. Someone may confirm , or I'll confirm it when I've tried it.

ERiDIOG.png

Nice place to be for them at least :)
Huh, the Mediterrenean beaches of France were definetely a merry summer holiday for my war-exhausted Janissaries and Sipahis and the other guys with them.

Part 27(1579-1581)

Hello again, it's too bad that I couldn't write for some time due to some issues. Anyway, I hope to write as often as I used to do again from now on.

6XqxAMh.png

So our truce with Multan is finally over, and I make the declareation of war. I don't really want to bring armies to that front, I hope my vassals will take care of it.

x1fCfow.png

Damn, I hate your coring cost! But whatever, I gotta get rid of you, who make my dirty borders look even dirtier.

pqzIlhJ.png

Oops! I don't mind the pretenders of my vassals at all, but those nationalists must go away...

RzHEw7C.png

Ooooh! Timurids reformed government, which means that Crimea won't get Tribal Feud CB versus him... Which means that Crimea is useful nomore:mellow: Well, we know who's gonna get annexed next I guess now... Oh, by the way, in El Dorado, you can nolonger use your horde vassal's Tribal Feud CB. Yeah that was a big nerf to horde feeding. Though it never made sense to be able to use that CB anyway. So you might pick other vassals instead of hordes now for the Steppes, though hordes are still reliable due to easy to kill rebels, and now it won't matter if they reform.

nD0FzHp.png

Now that's strange. I occupied Yue and normally it should have been %100 WS in favor of me, as you saw in my Uzbek war. But for some reason the war didn't become a "Coalition War" as it was supposed to. I highly suppose that it's because I used a CB of my vassal and not my own. No idea why this would cause this but this wasn't my initial plan. I ignored all Austrian and the other guys' troops on my borders who kept sieging down. But it seems that now I can't rely on that strategy hah. Anyway, I guess I'll find a way to solve this. But I don't want to fight that coalition in Europe at all, because all my armies are in diffferent places.

mE8TAEL.png

Bye!..

UbqNEbB.png

Now, it's time to go North once again! Sweden and Riga have no other allies so I tick their checkbox too. Sweden has OP ideas and mil tech 14, where as mine is 13. So he might give a bit of a challenge. But I got lots of money. So I can train just another army to make sure everything is ok.

bNgGBKQ.png

I have no claims on Haasa, and nothing else to gain. I could take his money but what he will give to me is not quite useful.
So I just made him convert to Sunni, so that he will have the true faith when I conquer him :D

whV9o5y.png

Well, I paid 60 diplo points (or bird mana as some call them). Don't know, those provinces were too valuable but probably I could have just passed that and taken cores only, because 3 of the provinces were not Ming cores for some reason.

e5K42CN.png

Yeeah, gotta take care of that mess as well :) But I don't have in my mind to fight them. Too much work for very little gain. Why even bother? Though It shouldn't go on like that anymore :D

H081IET.png

Well, I couldn't take his land or his money due to low WS but I white peaced anyway. It's ok, I got some lands from the other Chinese dude so I still made gains. Now I should take care of those Northmen fast and start annexing vassals. My -3 diplomatic reputation ends on 1584, and that's why I started the war with Kurland. Because it's ok to wait untill the negative modifier is gone.

LWVrOQK.png

Ah, just another Silk province. Remember my achievement goal? Heh. I barely remember it. Since I'm taking whatever I can in Asia, and all Silk provinces are in Asia, I just didn't track the Silk provinces at all. Anyway, they will be mine sooner or later.

Btw, I've been playing as If I was on a WC attempt for far too long I guess :/ This wasn't a WC attempt, but looking at my progress so far, I could have easily done it had I had in my mind to make a WC in the start. I don't intend to do it after now because Europe is too much work to deal with. In a WC attempt, I'd be getting rid of the European colonisers ASAP and then vassalise Crimea>Block Muscovy just as I did in this run. When you're done with the Europeans+Russia, the rest is very easy to deal with anyway. I can't spam protectorates in Asia as the Ottomans but it doesn't matter, I can just vassalise and conquer :D Anyway, if you're bored of this "too aggressive" gamestyle, I can change it to be more passive. I don't know what you think about it though. I guess I've shown how an aggressive gamestyle would be, and I can show other stuff too but I need requests so I know what I should do.

1Ify5D7.png

Sweden is threatening my armies...

hY3L060.png

But who can stand against such a great force?

Next part tomorrow! See you.