• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heh, you're right... Ottoman missions and events are kinda unsatisfying for me but, well anybody who played EU III would be thankful for their current situation I guess :D Back then, they almost never ever united Anatolia and didn't touch Istanbul for at least 50 years.

Part 13(1518-1520)

qBejcqK.png

Now If I am to expand further into India, I'm in need of some good vassal there. I've already been improvin relations with Sind for some time to diplo vassalise, and I will be able to do it soon. But there is another opportunity that I should use. Who is a better vassal than someone who is small enough to vassalise but has lots of cores to be reclaimed? As you saw my Persia, I guess you know the value of a vassal who has cores outside of their borders... You might ask, "How are going to vassalise Gujarat?" Well, I can't diplo vassalise due to distance. But I can still force vassalise. Though I have no CB on him, and I don't want to pay -2 stability for that. So what should we do? Oh well, see the next image!

FQ52CpF.png

Supporting rebels is one great way to get a CB against someone to whom otherwise you would get no CB(the other way would be loan offer but its unreliable). Though you must be wary with using this method. Because the rebels must be able to revolt, which means some high unrest. The reason for that is, you get the "Support Rebel" CB only when the rebels have revolted. In my case, I'm a bit lucky with that because they have already revolted, so I don't even need to give them much money, so I set it to minimum and get the CB after that.
You might think that I was just too lucky with this movement, but if you actually don't check such stuff regularly, you might have missed even luckier oppurtunities than mine ;)
Don't forget! You only get the CB if the rebels spawn!

GmRuc5R.png

I must make sure to end the war before those rebels take those provinces. Then I'll be feeding Gujarat with lots of cores.

L8cNn9n.png

When I discovered the opportunity, my army was already marching towards QQ. So it will take a bit of time to get them back. Anyways, the war is declared.

oNarPSK.png

I don't normally assault forts unless I have a lot of(very much) troops in sieging in late game. But in this case the morale is just so low that I was able to successfully assault without walls breached, with very little loss of man. Though assaulting is pretty risky otherwise.

643oDkZ.png

Meanwhile the war with Naxos is over and the islands finally belongs to us. Too cheap to core:blush:

ibVR4Hh.png

I'm able to vassalise Gujarat once the rebels are done with sieging. That's because they started sieging first. Gujarat is also Sunni now because all provinces around are Hindu anyway, so turning them to Sunni wouldn't hurt at all. Their +3 tolerance will help when giving them Hindu provinces.
Also another thing to note about this method is to make sure to cancel rebel support once the war is over. If I hadn't cancelled the support, I wouldn't be able to fight the rebel armies. Now that the support is cancelled, I'm able to get them out of my beloved loyal vassal's lands!
Also since Mewari nationalists have just risen up, there is less chance for him to have a revolt.
Rebels armies are a joke, since Gujarat is so much backwards compared to me. Both technology-wise and due to idea/event modifiers.
What is the benefit of having a vassal with trash armies then ? Well, their rebels are trash too as I stated 2 sententes ago:p But what makes "trash rebels" pretty great is the fact that you can feed your backwards vassals pretty much easily +100 Overextension, since you'll be able to stomp their rebels anyway. You should just make sure to check if their rebels have spawned time to time, otherwise they may get broken by rebels while you were dealing with other stuff and you wouldn't want the hardly-taken provinces of your vassals to go back to their old owners I guess.
Even if you are late, don't worry, you still have 5 years after the rebels have completed sieging.

r6ZVk8g.png

Geez, I guess people hate me :D Btw, do you see the flaws of the "Rival" mechanic? I was at +50 PP(Power Projection) for most of the game after my conquest spree started, but right now I'm at 49... The flaw is that, I can't rival a 3rd nation because they don't match my strength... Oh come on, even that France? Its strange that I can't rival even that France. For that reason I'm losing lots of PP.
Anyway, I'm now waiting for my last war to end so that I can have peace for time and live a peaceful life untill the end of my days... Heh, what am I saying? We have lots of wars to get going... Mainly against Malwa and QQ. But I need peace to be able to start diplo -annexing some vassals.
Ah, also I'll be diplo-vassalising Sind because I need to do it before I get more AE in India. I'll be over relation slot for some time, but who cares? Diplomatic power isn't as useful Military or Administrative unless you're a coloniser or have an unfinished diplomatic idea group.

wWuMdbo.png

Please mate, just do that colony! If you're wondering, no, this isn't the second time me giving gift to Muscovy. I've tried a few more times. But even though Muscovy has the 20th highest income(which is good for a vassal) , his treasury always seem to be empty. Which I guess is because of his loans still being payed, also his army is getting larger.
Tip of the day folks : Check the ledger. It makes wonders and lets you predict so much stuff.

CVDjXOM.png

Well I'm not sure what the follow up events(if there is any) would be but this option seems to be the reasonable one. If you wonder, the other option was -1 Stability , +%5 tech cost(aka more cost) and %2.5 discipline for 10 years. I'm not really sure why founding the Enderun, which was kind of a school with really good education for its time when it was founded, would increase the tech cost instead of decrease it. Anyway. There are lots of weird things in Ottoman events anyway.

a4ANrDr.png

So peace it is.

giSEmpB.png

Wow, how dare you call me into a war? You aren't even useful due to that "Threatened" attitude anyway...
The sole reason to keep Poland an ally was to keep it from joining in any coalition against us, as allies get pretty reduced AE from you.
And I could use him against our common rivals(mainly Austria) when he was "Defensive" instead of Threatened. And even at Threatened attitude, he would have joined my defensive wars due to high Trust. And when I declares war, it counts enemies' allies as well. This made me kinda immune against coalition wars because they would never have the courage to face our combined strength. Besides, if they decided to attack me, it could only be my gain with Poland-Lithuania on my side...
I could actually attack Hungary before accepting the war call, and it would make a separate war where I was the leader and the alliance wouldn't be broken, but Hungary is in a coalition and I have more important stuff to do right now than to deal with Austria and a bunch of other guys.
I declined the call. At least it frees a relation slot... Poland will never trust me again, but the prestige isn't a great problem since I'll be getting tons of it when I'm at war again.

Actually there is a cheesy way... Call that nation into arms in a war that he won't join.
That's a crazy good way to get rid of an alliance! They get no trust or relation malus against you, though you get against them. If you want to ally them again, you may have a bit of problem with your country having too low relations(both nations must have positive relation), but most of the time that nation improves relations with you anyway.
Actually, If I was at war, I'd do this right away. But I don't want to get into a war just for this, because the easiest war I can declare atm is against QQ. Actually this could prove to be a very great thing if I did. Because Poland would get - prestige, and guess what, the Polish king would be negative prestige and he is 61 years old already ! Top off that, he's losing the war. It's like almost a guranteed way to break the PU over Lithuania with such an old ruler. It would also be pretty satisfying I'm sure. Well, but I'm not doing that this time. I know Commonwealth is gonna be too strong, but otherwise having Lithuania free would mean him joining every coalition formed against me... And Lithuania would be guaranteed to ally Poland due to very high trust and historical friend modifier. So it's ok that I'm not doing this right now.

I just want to integrate some vassals:glare:

WcIdbQr.png

Hello there, Sind.

9PUzJw3.png

I made the maths and am using the policy because its worth right now. A policy you take can't be removed for 10 years. So it costs at least 120 administrative power.
The tooltip states %20 reduced cost, but in fact it's %25 reduced and combined with the other %25 cost reduction in Influence group, it makes annexing vassals pretty cheap. So that policy is best used when integrating more than one big vassals.
Even though I'm in need of administrative power(because I'll be taking an idea set in that group) I used the policy anyways... Because I was bleeding relation slot penalty every month, increasing the power I lose for nothing. I'll have to save a bit of administrative power afterwards.
I can also possibly use this policy to integrate another vassal as well, 10 years later... Possibly Sind.
I'm not integrating Crimea. Because I guess I'll use it against the other hordes .

RQORU8X.png

wR51hoq.png

6sGbeFz.png

Meanwhile let's have a look at my vassals. They don't give much money but I don't need money anyway. The Persian and Muscovite armies seem pretty scary. I like it. Muscovy will surely be able to take care of the hordes on its own in the future, while I'm dealing with the Indians.

AlFzBSQ.png

I'm not sure what happened there... I pretty much won the sieges. For some reason Gujarat seems to have accepted demands... Anyway, let's take it back before he's allied to someone.

EBA5N6i.png

Timur won't accept call to war from Nogai? All right, let's attack Nogai then and feed it to Crimea.
I can't even imagine 2 blobs over North, Muscovy on top and Crimea under that with all hordes under control heheh:rolleyes: But it's good neverthless.

I'll be declaring few more wars, and another surprise just as always, in the next chapter! This is the end, hope you enjoyed ;)

Heh, you're right... Ottoman missions and events are kinda unsatisfying for me but, well anybody who played EU III would be thankful for their current situation I guess :D Back then, they almost never ever united Anatolia and didn't touch Istanbul for at least 50 years.

Agreed. BTW that event is for all the Muslim states around the Med.

Part 14(1520-1524)

AbiQp8h.png

That's really close! Having a royal marriage would give +10 positive on top of that, and allying them I guess increases trust a bit, so just by getting some more provinces I had a chance to vassalise that big Hedjaz. But Hedjaz is allied to QQ... And If I go to war with QQ, Hedjaz's trust with me will drop by 5 which is significant.

F9gXjz9.png

Well, I don't care. I'm not planning to take lands from Hedjaz right now anyway. So I may be able to diplo vassalise it later, when I have more BT.

tdiGUge.png

Well legitimacy is more important than -10 with a bunch of Europeans.

UkyXLcQ.png

I'd just attack Malwa right now, as I don't really care about having lots of wars at the same time, since me and my vassals are capable of winning them all. But I'm not attacking Malwa, because, I'll tell you later:happy:

IpE54p6.png

Please :p

cJT40vh.png

I don't agree that it spreads like wildfire to be honest...

fXji3Kh.png

Oh, fine timing.

rRNZLpB.png

Integrating Ryazan is finished. Now I'll get -3 diplomatic rep. but annexing Urbino isn't done yet, what should I do? No problem, there is always a trick to solve such things ! The pop up can wait on the screen for 6 months or untill I accept it. Which means that I won't touch the pop up untill the integration of Urbino is done, in order to make sure Urbino gets integrated as fast as possible.

IjQV4on.png

I make sure to move my army there, before I accept the revolt event. Note that if the terrain is something like Mountains/Hills, the rebels will be considered attacker and will get the negative terrain modifier... Which is great. Always try to do this. In my case they got -1 for example, due to forest terrain.

YKEYKIU.png

Begone, wicked ally of Qara Qoyunlu!

M6vEbC2.png

Now that Urbino is gone as well, I'm not meaning to expand more in Italy... But still I'll lay claims on neighbours because you never know.

xZcJX0b.png

It's time to get another idea set! So I finally made up my mind... And my choice is humanism. Let's show them the Ottoman tolerance guys. With this, I'll never need to convert heathens... It should be noted though that this idea set is more fitting for direct conquest(due to -10 nationalism, and -2 unrest top of that), so I guess I'll complete this first then start direct conquering more often.

VE2KaSu.png

Poland has shown its true face soon after the war ended!

f990RwB.png

When you want to get an ally out of war quickly, you can try this. Just siege whatever you can, you don't need to occupy.
By doing this I got more reasons for them to white peace me, also while looting their provinces had surely profit to me.

juxZXhZ.png

Georgians have %100 core creation cost... Guess what? Persia doesn't have that. So intead of getting that huge modifier on my own, I feed whatever Georgian land I can feed to Persia, so Persia will pay the increased cost for me. Persia will have rebels but his army is good enough to put it down, if not I can help. Also taking 2 claims for my own.
Notice that peacing Hedjaz instantly made the warscore %99

lSHVIYB.png

Well diplomatic power. No reason not to take.

I93Hsn8.png

Btw, as a side note, nations that have the "Luck" modifier will keep it even if they are vassalised... Which is pretty good for me.

YqCQ9DK.png

I apologise for the ugly borders but I had to do this :D
This is why Tribal Feud is so great. No diplomatic power cost, and you can take lots of stuff with very little AE gain. And it's the reason I still keep Crimea around.
Now you might wonder why I took that little piece of land bordering Uzbek for my own. Well, let's see why :

2q8j580.png

I hereby declare you my new vassal : Kazakh. As you probably know if you read the whole AAR, I love nations with lots of cores. They make great vassals. Only downside is that, Kazakh isn't a horde... Even though it has nomad technology group. Anyway...
And while my Crimean vassal is getting fed by Tartar cultures, I can feed all the Altaic culture group(which is rather big) to Kazakh.
Now I got even more cores to be taken back...

KLzmXWb.png

I don't mean to go war with Poland so it wasn't a tough choice.

15T2YPR.png

The worst thing about annexing vassals is that the negative opinion modifier stacks...

ZkefNEa.png

Aye, that was the reason I didn't attack Malwa. Because it was allied to Delhi. And I'd have to make Delhi a co-belligirent but it would mean facing too many guys. No need to bother that much. Diplo vassalisation makes wonders.

fpbrzyV.png

Remember the thing I said about vassals and cores? Yeah, that thing again:cool:
Now I got 5 vassals with cores outside of their borders... Muscovy,Kazakh,Persia,Gujarat and Delhi.
I can actually potentially get one more... Uzbek is willing to accept my diplo vassalisation offer but I'm not sure its worth the effort, as I have Kazakh now. Anyway, let's see what happens. Also Hedjaz will be diplo vassalised, unless he grows bigger, once I got more Base Tax.

9Xsfc1q.png

I allied Kazan just for the mission. So I'm breaking it by calling him into a war. Btw, Oirat seems too strong in this patch... In most of my games they are as big as this one.

CpBszDc.png

Let's also get starting with the feeding process of India.

I'll be warring Timurids to get the last of the Persian cores back, and when some guys finally get out of the coalition I'll be warring Novgorod for cores as well. See you then ;)

Part 15(1524-1532)

oK0UGJp.png

Oh yes! Finally Muscovy starts colonisation. Gosh, that colonist arrival time is way too long. It's one of the flaws in game, as the colonist arrival time calculation is plainly stupid because it measures distance between capital and the province. Why would they need to send a colonist from the capital anyways? Tribes in the less populated ares are more fitting to populate those provinces IMHO.

ODSGkBd.png

Lol that's a terrible event.

W7SNoVr.png

Do you see all those cores? Man, it's so tempting! I can't resist...

jWMe3If.png

Just take all my money and just spawn guys, please I need you.

Sp9bacu.png

Meanwhile on the Northern front, I'm patiently waiting and sieging very little. That's because the enemy has a combined force of 75k men:confused:

6q4oBbz.png

Well also I was planning to attack the Mamluks when the truce was over but... I guess I shall delay this a bit.Have you though the situation in Crimea was bad?

iafouTy.png

Well actually... I made a mistake by not giving lands to Muscovy from Nogai when I could have. Because what I did to Crimea was kinda overkill :D Anyway lets stomp those rebels.

lvaATOZ.png

Get rid of that unholy alliance.

sFfxacD.png

Well, yes. I got a bit too much AE. And the coalition in Europe which also includes Novgorod isn't broken yet... I wait them to not hate me again.

JkJCBx7.png

I then notice that my vassals are heading back to North, possibly to help the war against Oirat. Nah, guys, I don't need your help. I declare war on Timmy so that my vassals will take care of it easily.

ON1HbRG.png

Oh come one guys! Even when I set them to supportive they are heading North for some reason...

QygQcCt.png

Why does the vassal swarm prefer Oirat over Timurids? It may be because the AI gave orders to troops before I declared war on Timmy maybe.
But I have a bigger problem now. Manpower... I'll be using mercs to siege now. Because they don't cost me any manpower during the siege. Just money, which isn't a problem.

4iK4bpK.png

Drunk vassals...

7qq8M6i.png

That 23 stack was ready to deal with the Mamluks but first I gotta deal with Persian rebels now.

U37m3TC.png

What a mess! Fighting in the Steppes of Asia is disgusting. Very low suppy limit and moving between provinces takes way too long...

HDRwDpi.png

Do you see now why I don't aim a World Conquest ? That's because it will mean micromanaging like this all the time:confused:

ONLtBQl.png

As if we aren't blown up enough by wars everywhere we start just another war after getting the "Conquer Egypt" mission

hWExYL4.png

I'm not sure how many harsh treatmens Ming has done to stop the revolt... I've paid a lot of money but it's ok, I'm busy anyway...
Btw couldn't take a ss, but my heir fell ill. Luckily though, he didn't die :D

hWExYL4.png

Natives punish Oirat for entering their lands... Hahahah.

7ZCu8ZS.png

Getting more cores back for Muscovy.

8fylbrV.png

Just get out of this war dude.

TrRoNeP.png

Mmmmm...

AQ06Tw9.png

Everything is nice. My money is negative because I have mercs everywhere...

d1iYv5G.png

RIP Russians too.

YP2Hu8p.png

I could possibly have waited some time longer and then rebels would break Oirat apart, but I got enough war exhaustion anyway and Call for Peace got deadlier. Gave cores + few more lands to Kazakh. Hope he will be more useful with his new lands.
I won't start new wars for sometime. Because I want to integrate some vassals after those are over.

osDqClF.png

Cool

wrnZgfD.png

Cooler

7SWDbM9.png

I know this seems stupid but... I had to do it because rebels wouldn't for some reason... And I couldn't have waited nomore since some of Ming's cores are to expire in 1542... Gotta get them.

Anyway, that was a pretty long chapter, because the war cost me a lot of time. Cya in the next one.

Part 16(1532-1536)

Sb3rX5b.png

I'm gonna reach Ming by walking... Everyone is willing to let me access even though they hate me because I have such a strong military.

s3slwVg.png

Wooh. Persia now has all of his cores back! And Kazakh has cores only in Uzbek now, which is not a matter at all.

obDvnAG.png

So I give my vassal swarm something to do.

UByH57A.png

More stuff to do for you guys, because, I love you and you know that!

mclZ0KB.png

That's enough land I guess. I could take one more by getting the war longer, but who cares.
And cancelling mission to get another one a year later.

T1bQdSG.png

Well I guess I made a mistake by not letting Crimea have a border with Kazan. Because Muscovy will probably not claim that province so Kazan will keep living for some time :D

GtLkvmn.png

Tibet accepts white peace after half of his country is sieged...

REIg6U0.png

At last Ming is under our control.

J2qtGZT.png

The coalition will only get bigger and bigger as long as I'm there and feeding Ming...

wE2uBIg.png

They want Alexandria lol.

9XJRvnR.png

Have been waiting for this war to end, so that I could integrate some vassals. Uzbek is reduced to an OPM as well.

VfkwCE2.png

Peace after a very long time... Let's take advantage of it by getting a nice screenshot showing my stuff.

Well I know this was rather a short chapter but I got tired, and 3 chapters in one day is a lot anyway :D I don't normally post this often but I had free time today, and I'm likely to have less free time in the future so I just wrote as much as I could :)

Part 17(1536-1541)

FWw8Aed.png

Wow, what is that? hahah. It seems that I've misgiven this province to myself instead of Kazakh... I can't core it. I could sell it to Kazakh, but he is overextended so that's not possible. If it was a high BT province, I could have needed to sell it to someone who has a core there like Timurids... Lol. Anyway, it just causes %4 overextension, so I'm gonna just keep it because I'm gonna integrate Kazakh anyway, then I'll be able to core it. Or I can sell it to Kazakh if he finishes up with his coring process.

bhk7OXW.png

I got my diplomatic reputation advisor, and then the policy to reduce diplo annexation cost. Time to start annexing some vassals.

opHaZzR.png

You know what is so bad about all that feeding Ming against Chinese nations? Alliance chains... They all like to ally each other. They have 3 allies at worst, and this causes me to get truces. I may just ignore coalitions formed in China as a whole and just take whatever I can for Ming without ever caring about Aggressive Expansion...
Ah, almost forgot. Ming also sucks sadly. It's why it exploded so quick. I have to babysit it so that it doesn't get rebels everywhere.

GLoiQqY.png

It was good to know you, my super-mega vassal. I'm gonna integrate Kazakh and Sind too but Sind isn't in my core range yet, and so it Kazakh. I'll be able to integrate Sind when Persia is done, and Kazakh when I get a core over there. Actually that was a failure, I should have made certain that I had a core next to Kazakh. Lessons learned. Anyway, integrating Persia is a big step.

zwbXGRe.png

Anyway, starting just a little war.It won't take much time. When I go on a war spree again, I'll be be warring in India as well.
Also as you can see, I kept some of my army there because I didn't want to move all that way by getting access from everyone again... I guess that army is enough for now, and I hope I won't need reinforcements in the Chinese front because getting accesses from everyone and getting all that diplomatic power cost isn't nice :d

bH9YnPh.png

Carpet sieging as usual.You should always carpet siege once you are safe. Once you know the enemy army doesn't exist, or isn't a problem enough to cause you to break your sieges. The enemy actually has about 8k army, but its in another war, and even though I siege all their land it doesn't come back to defend:laugh: I don't care because If it appears somewhere, I can just merge 5-6 units of mine and easily defeat that.

S8rr3hj.png

Taking all but the capitals. It's good to take everything free of diplomatic power charge. Now some guys will hate me... I guess once I start integrating Kazakh, I'll be at constant war in Chine due to coalitions. Some time later India will join in coalition too most likely.

Also there is a special case with Ming. The Mandate of Heaven. You may not have played as Ming, so I'm gonna talk a little about that so you'll understand why Ming sometimes explodes, and why my vassal Ming is in a terrible situation right now. I just copy it from the wiki.

Ming is currently the only country who can receive the modifier. As long as Ming is not western or westernizing, has factions, at least 20 provinces, stability of 0 or more, and legitimacy of 60 or more, the Mandate of Heaven will be active. It has the following effects:

Stability cost modifier.png −10% Stability cost modifier.
National revolt risk.png −5 National unrest.
If the requirements aren't met, the modifier is replaced by the following effects:

Stability cost modifier.png +50% Stability cost modifier.
National revolt risk.png +5 National unrest.

My ming has less than 20 provinces now, so it is pretty much doomed for sure because all its provinces have at least 4-5 unrest. I gotta get him more provinces ASAP and hope that his legitimacy or stability doesn't fall too low.

6KMsX2u.png

And it starts:sad: I should have gone on a war spree sooner. Anyway, I guess its time. All my armies are in India/Chine except for some 15-20 troops lurking in the North and dealing with rebels in Kazakh.

m6joOwV.png

I attack Yi and its allies, before they join the coalition as well. I think knowing more about coalitions is a great way to learn fast expansion. I can say I've learned many things about coalitions in my "Switzerlake" run which ended in less than 100 years IIRC, so it was basicly conquer all as fast as possible.

fiL1MHE.png

Cleaning process in the North. My vassals can't reach China anyway, and the war in India would end untill they arrive. An easy task for you guys, come on just siege those provinces.

kyVQ6f9.png

Nice job guys.

QdX2GpO.png

Now it's time to show you some coalition tricks, or how to deal with coalitions basics. Why do people complain about coalitions a lot? Because they take too much land with the wrong CB and all Europe or whatever joins in a coalition against them... The trick is that, if someone has truce with you he can't join a coalition against you. So basicly by getting into war with as many nations as possible, I can ensure that coalition won't get too big to deal wtih. Though it will still be big because I won't be caring about AE and will take all that I can.
Dai Viet is a coalition member, so he will be no longer due to this war. Actually what would make sense would be to attack the coalition right away, but I don't. Because Ming has cores in Sadiyu that will expire in 1542 ... And I don't want those cores to disappear. Taking them as soon as possible. Once I peace out with Yi, more nations will join the coalition...

There are other coalition tricks too ofc. Like for example, if a coalition is too big and you have no chance to deal with it, you just attack an OPM member of coalition and just siege it as soon as possible, you can peace with the OPM to get a truce with the whole coalition once the siege is done. Another trick is that if you have no port, only your neighbours can join in a coalition against you... This is how I've done my Switzerlake run basically.

Bm8K6Zr.png

Lol, it looks so big on map but Guge is just a 2 BT minor nation:rofl:

VQg8gxA.png

Kazakh refuses to core his newly acquired provinces, so he gets rebels everywhere ... And I gotta wreck his rebels for him.

FLVuwMB.png

As a side note, I am able to vassalise Hedjaz now(with +10 positive from royal marriage). But that will wait for some time because I can't ally a nation when I'm at a war in which I'm attacker... Which means that will wait untill I'm at peace.

fG7XwWh.png

I declare war on the coalition before I peace out the other guys. Because when I peace with others, I'll take whatever I can, so everyone around me will join the coalition... It's better to deal with the coalition when it's smaller. Dai Viet and Shu also can't join war, because you can only be at war with a country in a single war. Besides, Dai Viet is useless anyway. Ming has no cores there. And I'm not sure if it's worth giving Ming provinces from there... Because, rebels...

zap1gYa.png

Bad timing...

0YprKoA.png

Nothing to say.

mePrePB.png

Ming, getting big pretty quickly. That's why it was so important to get that Ming vassal. Cores = Fastest expansion. And less rebel problems. Ming still doesn't have any rebels, well we already know he's been using harsh treatments pretty often, so it's good that he does it this time actually... I don't need his military anyway. In the meantime, the wars in China are getting more and more exhausting for my army. I'm sending another 8 men regiment from India to there. My vassals help wars in India anyway. Also a bigger problem is that, everyone starts hating me... So they give no access after a time. Though I can still use the exiled troop trick to carry my army there if its needed, but its not very practical.

ro1t1dM.png

Europe at war. Austria has gone beast mode, killing everyone on way. Well, If I cared for Europe at all that would surely be a problem:rofl: Though still I don't want Austria strong, because he may even consider attacking me.
Btw Poland has -43 prestige and a 60 years old ruler... Which means he'll probably lose PU over Lithuania. It will actually mean even more aggression from Austria, since Poland will get weaker he will attack Poland more often...

8pmtCRS.png

Do you guys remember about the "Luck" modifier? I talked a bit about it. It's a huge modifier. In fact, if you try playing a game without any lucky nations, you'll see many Major powers like England,Brandenburg and Ottomans failing pretty often whereas with luck they don't tend to.
You know, my vassal Muscovy has already got that modifier, and it really helps him. But there is also that, if any nation that is supposed to be a lucky nation is played by a player, another lucky nations is chosen randomly weighing towards larger BT countries... Well, it's not that random actually and since Ming has so high BT at game start, he had a very high chance to get it and so did he. Now I got 2 lucky nations as vassals. Pretty nice. Ah also, an even better thing, do you see that -5 unrest modifier from Mandate of Heaven? Yeah, Ming at last got 20 provinces and now has minimal rebel problems. I may even feed him Dai Viet due to that... But it's still Ming, and can get wrecked by a single event.

tNYQKE1.png

Using vassals to crush their rebels... Well, I know they eat some attrition but its not my manpower after all, and I'm sure my Russian comrades have enough manpower anyway :p

NXhMYU6.png

Feeding Delhi with fresh lands from Multan.

Gw4mi1O.png

And a quick look at our empire in the end of the chapter.

So this chapter was full of wars... The next chapter will be... More wars!

Keep up the good work. Nice reading.
Thanks a lot for your comment!

Last edited:
Part 18(1541-1546)

As you may have noticed, I've been trying to write as much as possible lately... Because new patch will come out soon, but there is no chance to finish the AAR untill it comes out (26th of February) so I want to ask you guys something :
Should I continue AAR in 1.9.2 or switch to 1.10 once El Dorado and the new patch comes out?
Well actually if you ask me I'd like to continue in 1.9.2 because the changes in the new patch could change everything in game... It doom my whole campaign. It may also cause version problems. And when released, it will likely have a lot of bugs, and I don't want my game to be affected by those untill fixed. So is it OK for you If I continue writing in 1.9.2 ? AFAIK I'll be able to get the achievement for some more time when 1.10 is released,by using Beta 1.9.2 version on Steam.

Dj6EPxB.png

Bigger Delhi & Gujarat.

140pE6v.png

Trick to march units to a far away place without access. Basicly let your army be in an enemy province after you peace with that country. I mean, gather your men in a province that will still be under enemy control after the war is over, so they will get the exiled flag. Then just march them to wherever you want. Though care for pathing, you might actually need to do manual pathing by clicking somewhere to move then pressing Shift and clicking another province etc.(if you never tried it before, you'll understand it once you've tried) Because if you pass on any friendly territory before you arrive your destination, your army will lose the black flag(aka exiled).

90I5Dbr.png

Hahah, just another servant of mine who awaits her "Rightful" lands to be reclaimed. Sure we will, buddy, sure we will... I don't annex then release him to reset our relations because I don't want him to be Sunni and deal with endless rebels in those Buddhist provinces...
I'm over my relation limits... I know. But I can't resist that many cores. I believe Lan Xang will be a worthy vassal.
It's always nice to associate your vassals with religions/culture groups.

Ming is a good vassal for Confucian religion and Chinese culture group. And Lan Xang will be useful for Thai culture group and Buddhist religion.
Another thing you can do about cultures is, get another culture accepted in your vassal so it won't be a problem. But managing that is definetely more difficult than just giving them their cultures.

Tf3diOQ.png

Dali is a core of Ming that will expire in 1542, so I make it quick by declaring war on Dali. All other cores of Ming have time untill at least 1460s so I will be more relaxed about that in the future. Also Ava gets into war, which means he won't join the coalition war. I don't have any intentions with Korea, so If some small nations joins the coalition I may just siege down that small nation and get a truce with Korea. Not that I can't beat him, but marching troops to there and sieging his provinces... Well too much work for no gain. Also if I don't touch him at all in a war, my ws will stay low in wars against him.
The reason I still continue that war with GH is that I'll need to give Kazakh a few provinces. But he still hasn't started coring the provinces I gave him in the last war... I'll wait untill Call for Peace triggers, because I don't want Kazakh to spawn rebels once in a month.

m8D71rl.png

"Size doesn't mean everything" It seems so! My brave vassal Sind is also my smallest vassal. You will be remembered, loyal Sind soldiers, that came to aid the Ottoman Sultan during his Restoration of Ming Dynasty in China against the Coalition of the Usurpers.
Nobody has heard about either the ship nor the soldiers since that day...

AE3nNoE.png

Gave Kazakh one core and 2 provinces and one for myself. The reason I gave him 2 provinces is I can only core that province I took for mine, which is in Europe(Well that's EU...). I did this to be able to core Kazakh. But first, he must core those provinces... I hope he gets to do that.
Remember, you can only core adjacent provinces of your vassals if and only if its on the same continent as your capital.

SJrvayX.png

China as usual. Also looting earns me lots of money here.

C3FMrBM.png

Ming getting real big. But that's just the beginning. See how valuable Ming is when you can vassalise it?

YpYR9ir.png

Do we ever stop fighting? Nope. I wish Kazakh cored that province so I could stop fighting for a moment... But untill he does I gotta keep my vassals happy.

LXnK06Y.png

Got some manpower finally, so I've recruited some more regular troops. Any reason for them to just stay idle in India while my army in China is doing all the work ? No.

cicXN1L.png

Oh, hey diplomatic map mode! More red than green :eek:hmy: Now if that was a WC attempt, there would have been red painting in Europe+Africa too, heh, compared to that the reds on my map is completely all right:rofl:

OpDOyJF.png

Separate peacing out in Coalition war. You actually can't separate peace in a coalition war, but Tang wasn't a member of the coalition but a war ally so I could separate peace him. If you look at peace deal it states that I paid 80 diplomatic power, but that's wrong. Because the game calculated as if I made the peace with "no CB" whereas it was actually Reconquest CB. I paid nothing for cores of Ming, and took one more province for which I paid the 20 dip cost. Anyway, by time you get to learn that tooltips are sometimes pretty misleading in this game :D

DHAd61Q.png

Ava is finally out of the war that he continued fighting for whatever useless reason he had.

M73eaDB.png

Even QQ is in coalition right now... I gotta pick up some more guys out of coalition before peacing out with others, to prevent an even bigger coalition.

mQWk1pt.png

Well, I had to do this. I waited for the exact time when truce was over. He was gonna join the coalition so I'm picking him up alone instead. Not that I really want to deal with him again... Hope my vassals show their strength there.

OmJBqq5.png

It's Ming's now.

wsZll07.png

%100 WS worth of provinces... All to Ming ofc. My army is getting smaller in Chine each day with continuous war. I'll bring fresh new mercs from my home as soon as possible. I also hope those new provinces will help Ming build a larger force. He has 7 men right now.

58tNUUd.png

Don't you have anything better to do Muscovy?! Like deal with Oirat...

ULIHN7j.png

Fighting wars against 5x army size becomes difficult after a point... Since I can't reinforce my armies as fast as they do. And carrying an army from Middle East to China isn't quite easy.

HDlVrVn.png

Integration of Persia is done! Now the Heretic tolerance from Humanism is quite nice. Because I don't need to convert those provinces since my Religious unity is over %100 anyway.
The higher tolerance a religion has, the higher religious unity it grants you, capping at 3 tolerance and %100 unity per province. My heretic tolerance is 2 and it gives IIRC %75 unity which is fine, due to humanism I get +25 religious unity anyway. It's not really needed much to convert Heretic provinces, its a lot better with Heathens actually. They give %100 religious unity since my national idea of Heathen Tolerance and +3 from Humanism will stack.

Part 19(1546-1549)

Hey guys, I'm birincikalite and here I am again :)
09NdKfr.png

Start off with little vassal management tips, shall we? Two of my vassals were sieging the same province for some reason. But I want them to siege more provinces. So I made objection to the province next to it for Delhi. Who you set here is important, because the war leader won't break the siege. For instance, in my case Kazakh was the leader of siege(when you point cursor over them whoever is on top), so if I set the province next to it as Kazakh's objective, he wouldn't move untill he was done with that siege. But since Delhi wasn't the leader of the siege, he moves as I order him to move.

x5oqkRi.png

Coalition is getting bigger. Normally getting all those rich Persian provinces would make me about 1.5x stronger. But i didn't. That's because when you annex a vassal, you get %75 autonomy in all their provinces. Ah, also provinces get less autonomy in peace untill later government types... And I'm not at peace usually:p I don't dare reducing autonomy as well, since I don't want any rebels there. That's not cool but I'm ok with my current strength. Maybe I can try lowering autonomy in just one single high BT Sunni province, and it wouldn't trigger rebels for a long time...

BbIWP15.png

Finally Kazakh starts coring ! It's a good thing that you can see whether your vassals are coring or not.

opIIVTs.png

This idea will be crazy good now that I've integrated Persia.

8tUok5a.png

Ah, here's my new merc army. The army I got from Persia will take care of India.

sYOwan6.png

Poof, magic.

B4cWR7x.png

A way to white peace the "Unwanted" nations in a war is just to keep the war getting longer. Once their war enthuatism is low, they will accept white peace.

dP6lQHS.png

I won't declare any more wars for some time. I want peace again.

9CwaUVZ.png

Oh crap, I failed my word when I noticed that Shun has no considerable allies, and those are just my targets for Ming's reclamation of cores! Before he joins the coalition, I should get it done.

cBsNalU.png

Ava is so annoying... Anyway, he gets out.

FcAwO4n.png

Oirat has caused some problems in the Northern Front... I'm doing ok now. Crime has pretender rebels at home, but I don't care whoever rules Crimea so his army is sticked to mine. I can peace out Oirat by offering concede defeat, but that will cost me Defender of the faith aka 500 ducats :D I don't intend to take any land from them, but who knows...

M9wxswb.png

Since I don't intend to convert anything anymore, I guess it's worth it to go -100 piety. Because missionary strength from positive piety will be useless, and fort defense too most likely since they don't affect my vassals. Just the morale of army is good, but I guess I can make better use of Tax,Manpower and technology cost from negative piety. Speaking of technology, I'm no longer best in everything anymore as well.
One thing I'd say about piety is : Either go full positive or full negative, not in between.
Well... I guess I can't actually go negative piety.. Because I'm always declaring war on infidels which increase my piety... Let's see what happens.

GK8nq2u.png

Ming trying to fight without the Military faction(forgot its name) in control... Laughable army.

ZiwcIWP.png

Begone

m4yqUc9.png

Wanna see the incomes? It's good to see France passing Austria on income. But they still didn't have a war... Because Austria is using his huge diplomatic relation slots to ally anyone he can. He allied Castile too though, which made France not dare attack I believe.

3QJzhR0.png

Oh god, this France is weaker than our usual BBB(Big Blue Blob)

O8tvI2l.png

My navy limit is too low...

zK4H0RK.png

Do you notice the culture conversions done by Austria? Hahah.

dySLisH.png

I got %100 WS in India. So I can start peacing out. Those two will go to Gujarat.

t5FLSDq.png

Orissa wasn't willing to give me much... I don't want to get Call for Peace for any longer, so I just get whatever I can from him. One province to Gujarat and one to myself. I will release Bahmanis from that province, he has some cores and will give me CBs against Orissa,Ahmednagar and Vijayanagar.

I hope I'll have a moment of peace in the next chapter:p

Part 20(1549-1554)

Z3iP5Jd.png

No idea why... But I'll take it.

zKryBns.png

My vassals have forsaken me in North :/ I could take pieces of land from Oirat actually. Because they would move to invade Oirat with their swarms. But who cares? Oirat is really annoying to fight against. I just white peace him.

RzyppcK.png

Gave Gujarat all his cores and 1 more uncored province. Also two provinces to myself. One is a Bahmanis core, so I it will Bahmanis' , and the other is a coastal province that I took to both extend my coring range and to be able to fabricate claim on neighbours. I can do hopping like that into far Eastern provinces to be able to integrate Ming. Though by the time Ming is fully fed, guess I won't have to worry about that anyway.

tY3MDfV.png

I took that mission just to do it when I'm peace. Cos... There is literally no reason for me not to make an alliance then break it and get diplomatic power from it :p

z0GXatn.png

Austria is trashing Poland again and Poland has lost the PU over Lithuania... I've been waiting this for a time actually. Poland was once at -100 prestige and he never recovered from there. In the end, the PU was lost.
It's a good time to attack Poland... Though I have no concerns with Poland . Just Pskov, who is both a Muscovian core and a vassal of Poland...
Maybe I should just attack Lithuania, Muscovy has been fabricating claims on Lithuania for some time with a colonialist leader. That's pretty strange because vassals usually only claim on rivals.

9xx3Fh1.png

I couldn't get all cores back for Lan Xang. There is one core left. I tried to get the perfect peace deal, by getting %100 warscore worth of provinces.

PDcktq0.png

I took one core for Ming since the other was capital. But there is another opportunity. An opportunity to use vassal-chaining by making it a vassal of Ming, who is my vassal. I can't really explain how this works because it's one of the strangest things in game and nobody has truly discovered everything about this. I've done some tryouts myself and couldn't really understand when I could use it and when I couldn't. Anyway, normally this let me make other nations vassal of my vassals, by which I'm making my vassals diplo annex their vassals ! In this case it's useless, since Ming has a core on there anyway, and it's just a useless country. But I really want to pull off something bigger into my vassals since it's like having a vassal who doesn't cost a diplomatic relation... Though you can't use its CBs. And after a time your vassal will most likely annex it.Then you can annex that vassal. Otherwise the vassal will just transfer to you.

bX4yYfN.png

Austria has almost lost his cores on my Italian lands. Good. This gives him less reasons to attack me, if he , ever dares to do so.

MqtMhpd.png

Well, since Muscovy doesn't claim there, I guess it will just stay like this untill I integrate Muscovy... Which should be pretty late actually since I want to abuse the colonisation progress of Muscovy as much as possible.

YvTfg4b.png

Well I actually meant to have peace but... I couldn't resist that opportunity. I'm at war with Qi but I can't reach it since they won't let me. Anyway, by declaring war on Jin I can do a pretty great move. I'll have reach to Qi for more cores, will be able to reclaim cores from Jin, and will be able to get into war with Manchu without getting the huge coalition into the war! I also make Manchu a cobelligirent, because I'm at war with all his allies anyway, so it will make me take Ming's cores in Manchu easier.

5pTooxi.png

Well I'm running out of rivals.

eY9RLMD.png

I really admire him now... :D

wHpDaf7.png

Not a big deal, just a little bit of clean up.

5D47o5c.png

Now that's what I call DEDICATION :eek: He used the uncolonised provinces to move to Manchu, which probably means lots of native attacks on the road. Brave guys! Moving all the way from India to Kazakh and then to Manchu on harsh conditions is no joke man.

6LbwjP5.png

And that's what I call coordination. My vassals coordinate to take down the Crimean Pretender rebels. I simply ignored that rebellion, but well it's good to see them getting around friendly with each other.

FG3ZDzt.png

And that's what I call GLORIOUS KURLAND. Who is the smallest coloniser in the European history.
I have no idea how he annexed the Livonian Order though... A few years ago he was just an OPM.

oMlB6Uf.png

Ugly borders vol. 1 = Brandenburg

zq6ffEH.png

Ugly borders vol. 2 = Iberians
Especially that Castile in North Africa... Doesn't it look like a wild beast about to swallow whole Tunis?

ECddEsA.png

Ugly borders vol. 3 = Ottomans... Seriously, wherever I touch gets terrible borders:huh:

Zq8sLCi.png

Ugly borders vol. 4 = Austria
I call this kind of Austria the "NOM NOM Austria" , also known as the "Snake Austria" if he manages to connect the Lowlands with his mainland by snaking into the HRE, too bad he snaked into Poland this time.

VFtWqqh.png

Ugly borders vol. 5 = Korea
I have nothing to say about this one.

pgBvzky.png

Bonus picture... I haven't seen Ethiopia fail like this ever. Let alone seeing Ethiopia cease to exist, it usually conquers most of the area...
And that Warsangali... It's actually pretty small... It used to be even bigger. I haven't seen that one before as well.

Also France is the defender of faith. So I don't want to deal with such a long war now. I may attack Lithuania later, though. Will see.
Poland is Protestant so I could attack him, but attacking for just one piece of land seems unreasonable.

s3iFKKT.png

I just take a single province because I don't have claim on the other and I guess it's not really needed to pay extro diplo and adm points. Since I can take the other piece of land any time anyway.

VHa9KFV.png

Qi gives Ming cores and one non-core province which as a result costs 20 dip power. Meh, dunno if I have to explain that wrong tooltip every time :d Because I don't want people to get misinformed, paying 80 diplo power wouldn't really be cool.

PbowAvI.png

All cores, to Ming of course.

rph08k3.png

My work with Manchu is done. Why it takes so much warscore to take just a few lands is because of Beijing... Which is a 15 BT province.

qPPjuIY.png

Eat 'em all Ming, eat 'em all...

7v83d91.png

Now I have... Peace. And that's the screenshot for the end of the chapter.

I'll be annexing some vassals in the next one. See you.

This is a Great AAR. Be proud of it.
I will be, if I'm convinced that I have enough readers to make me feel proud ;D

Last edited:
Part 21(1554-1558)

pFFTaiC.png

I hereby declare the Bahmanis my new subject. Notice that the released vassals inherit idea/tech from the overlord. So he is pretty much ahead of everyone in India. Also that idea set is nice to have for a vassal.

fVcEEoB.png

I start getting rid of vassals that are needed no more. Sind has been utterly useless so far :D Only reason I took it as a vassal because I could take it by diplo vassalising... Anyway. He will be no more.

NIWxC3C.png

Meh, he will likely get rebels...

q5tf9Zi.png

I'd have kept Kazakh as my vassal and integrate Crimea instead but Kazakh isn't a horde, so I'll keep Crimea with me. Though with those negative modifiers from annexations, Crimea and Muscovy will likely have bad relations with me later on game...

Oh wait a moment!Now I realize that I didn't take the policy to reduce diplo annexation cost. Anyway, no progress has been made untill now anyway. I'll just cancel now and re-do the same things again.

4UDyAfV.png

Took the policy, started integrating Sind and Kazakh again. Note that you can actually alter annexation of the little vassal so that you 'll get his less by the diplomatic reputation hit. Now it will be hard to integrate others once I've integrated Sind, will take longer time. But I do it anyway because I'll most likely be at war for most of the time.

guIrSPz.png

I also now decide to integrate Gujarat as well. I can feed him more provinces, but he got all his cores anyway so Bahmanis can be more useful now. Plus, It won't hurt me to free a diplomatic relation slot, since I'm over the limit.
My 3 diplomats are working on integrations, which means I can't declare wars for some time. So let's have fun with our peace. Once Sind is annexed, I can declare another war.

tnBhdq1.png

Meanwhile the coalition gets only bigger...

tx0u5Mt.png

Ah, also there are two things I forgot to do:huh:

4mq10h9.png

Will dissolve it as soon as I can of course, such a useless alliance :D I can diplo vassalise him as well, it's not really worth it. It would only end up wasting a relation slot.

aI674Vw.png

He willingly accepts my diplo vassalisation offer. Of course. Who could have resisted against my charm?

FucisCY.png

Someone got Poland release Pskov, who used to be his vassal. Well, no reason not to attack that little and lonely Pskov and take our Muscovy vassal a core of his back.

sHrX2DY.png

Gotta love those nations that don't join the coalition.

B5luxPz.png

Delhi still has cores there. Also he is getting rampaged by Timurids. If Timurids vassalise Multan, I'll be dragged into a war against them.

fF6CF8W.png

By selecting the right target, you can avoid getting into a war with the huge coalition and still be able to expand. Call your nice allies to my war dude, heheh. Tibet is also marked as a co-belligirent because he has no allies, and I'll be taking his land.

DyLpLhg.png

No rest for the wicked

JZs5w6w.png

FKsiTSt.png

It's time to conquer more from the Mamluks for the good of everybody.

qDhoIUp.png

Oh wow! That came in such a bad moment! I really want to join the league... Not that I'm really interested in the profit , but I want to have a cool big war with all the big boys of Europe, specifically the emperor(Austria) I won't be able to join it since I'm at war.... I'll try to not get into another war, so that I may have a chance to join the league unless some random dude decides its time to start TYW(Thirty Years War)
In reality, the Ottomans had some helps on the Protestant side via Transylvania, and indirectly influenced the course of the war by attacking Austria, which weakened the Emperor.

4asRv22.png

I wish there was a way to make Muscovy claim on that Novgorod as well...

MCy5GqG.png

So what did you think I put this screenshot for? That pretty big Sweden? Ahh, then you are terribly mistaken. There can only be one meaning of this whole image. All hail GLORIOUS KURLAND who is getting even bigger. We shall keep an eye on their fast expansion spree !

OXhDexK.png

Ah, in the meantime my good old ruler is dead. He has recorded so many things in his life that, nobody could write down all his conquests yet. But the history will remember that faithful ruler, and we shall mourn his death forever.(don't even remember his name xd)
I got a meh heir. But at least he is 19 years old. When you get those "meh" rulers with Muslim nations, it's actually worse than getting them as a Christian nation. Because Muslims have pretty nice decisions, but those are all tied to ruler skills.
That's why my first ruler was literally overpowered (besides the stats ofc)

yIF2oc6.png

Please, just wait for me!

wANn3XS.png

Yup. Feeding Ming takes lots of time. Even worse thing will be the integration cost of Ming... I'm not sure how many years it will take...

IVVhVpu.png

Well, I'm not even mad at that dude. It's good to see the AI doing such naval invasions. In old times, naval invasions were really a failure.

NWDc9bF.png

Wowowow. That's literally the biggest TYW I've ever seen in this game... Only France was missing, and now he joined as well. It's even better for me to join the Protestant side now. Because that side is guaranteed to win (or Peace of Westalphia)
On the other hand, now that almost all Europe is in a league, they have no reason not to start the war... I guess I shouldn't be too hopeful for being able to join the TYW.

M9K6fRX.png

Should we follow the historical Ottoman path with those Janissary events guys? I take this one as well. But there will be terribly bad events later on the game, like rulers being killed, huge revolts and tech cost increase etc.

z0A8KQG.png

Seriously, why don't you just join the coalition? He has no protection, neither does his OPM ally do. I said I would try to get peace, but this war will take less than the others so it doesn't matter.

u7icSG9.png

Huh, nice event.

a1IXrnV.png

Ah, who we got here? The infidels have reached Sri Lanka. Those Europeans...

HbsJAND.png

Finally, end of the chapter with a screenshot showing my goal for the achievement. I need to own all the Silk producing lands.
So far, I haven't really cared about that trade goods map, because I was simply conquering all of Asia so I had no chance to miss any Silk province by chance :D But if you're doing that achievement, you can do it with a lot less conquering by just attacking the key nations that hold Silk provinces.

Subbed! My very first game was Ottomans, and while I did fairly well, I made a LOT of mistakes as I was learning the ropes. Keep up the fine work!
Ahhh, thanks, I love more readers coming here to leave a comment ^^
Never forget, doing mistakes is one of the greatest ways to learn something. In such a game so complex, and hard to master(even the people you'd call top level pro doesn't know just everything) , it means that actually doing mistakes is like a destiny for all those players of EU IV.
See, as experienced as I am, I still do some mistakes, even in a game that I write an AAR on.
I'll keep up doing what I'm doing as long as the readers enjoy it :)

You're doing pretty well. Are you planning to expand in Europe as well, or are you simply focusing on Asia? Those tiny OPMs can't actually join the coalition against you. To join a coalition against a nation X, they must have a land border with nation X, or both X and them have to have sea access. Those OPMs are completely surrounded by Ming, and don't have sea access, so they can't join. It's a common thing in Switzerlake games. Because the player doesn't have naval access, only direct neighbors can join a coalition.

You're doing pretty well. Are you planning to expand in Europe as well, or are you simply focusing on Asia? Those tiny OPMs can't actually join the coalition against you. To join a coalition against a nation X, they must have a land border with nation X, or both X and them have to have sea access. Those OPMs are completely surrounded by Ming, and don't have sea access, so they can't join. It's a common thing in Switzerlake games. Because the player doesn't have naval access, only direct neighbors can join a coalition.
You're correct. I actually know that from my own Switzerlake game , in which I heavily abused it by making everyone in Europe get min. -600 AE but no coalition :p, but guess I forgot that since I wasn't paying attention to the coalition for some time :D
Anyway, as you pointed out, only coastal nations and nations that directly border my own provinces can join it.

As for Europe, well, so far I've mostly ignored it but I guess I can. Why not? If I keep conquering on this speed , there will be nowhere left in Asia to conquer anyway. I may go for Lithuania and France who is defender of faith, because I'd rather fight France than Austria's allies everywhere :D
Or I may attack Sweden as well, he is Protestant anyway so only his own allies can make a problem.

Excuse me, but would you please tell me how can you continue annexing Kazakh and Gujarat after the annexation of Sind?
Shouldn't there be a -3 on diplomatic reputation and makes any further annexing impossible?

And of course, thank you for this great AAR.