Stellaris Species Generator (Now with Pictures)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tieboyx

Corporal
21 Badges
Mar 30, 2012
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
My friends and I created a Stellaris Species Generator that lets you see visually what combinations of traits, ethos, and government forms are compatible. Also, there's a summary screen now that lets you take a look at the choices you picked, along with a species picture picker.

Tested on Chrome and Firefox.

7T0yWzh.png

Features to add and timeline:
  • Summary page by whenever Europeans get out of work tomorrow (DONE)
  • Species name and description by tomorrow night (DONE)
  • Autosave (DONE)
  • Import/Export Species (DONE)
  • List of summed modifiers on summary page (DONE)
    • I don't think there's anywhere to see this in game during species creation, so you'll have to use this tool to see it! :D
  • Species Pictures (DONE)
Link: http://stellarisspeciesgen.com
Github: https://github.com/edwin-lai/stellaris-species-generator

I hope you find it useful! Feel free to post any feedback in this thread.

UPDATE: Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys! Let me know if you see any more bugs and such, too.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Very cool. Nice job!

The only thing I could recommend on top of your proposals: Any chance of importing the pictures as well?

Other than that, I'll be making good use of this over the weekend :D

Very nice.

I would put portraits on the list though.

No previous (2ish) generator has been as graphically pleasing as yours. But none of them have the portraits. I know they don't affect game play but I definitely think it will set the tone for the race for some players.

I know it would significantly increase the UI size maybe, and be annoying cutting them up. I certainly wouldn't expect them to be animated outside the game.

On the Ethics Selection, say you select a a tier one (Xenophile) and another tier one (Pacifist). If you want to move up to a Fanatic on one of those, you have to uncheck the tier one marker and then select tier two. So there doesn't seem to be logic that if tier one of a column is selected, two tier can be upgraded to if 1 point still remaining. Otherwise nice.

Smiles

The governments are not updated (they are on wiki)
Here is a list of changes I found (compared to previous version, which You seem to have used)"
from govs: naval capacity in military dictatorship has been bumped up to +20
theocratic oligarchy now gets a -15% leader recruitment cost (in addition to the previous bonus to ethics divergence)
science directorate now gets a +1 leader capacity (in addition to previous bonus)
peaceful bureaucracy had it's leader cap bonus reduced from +4 to +1, also got a +1 leader pool size added
direct democracy reduced from +4 core planets to +2
theocratic republic now has +2 core planets, in addition to it's -10% ethics divergence
From traits:
Agrarian is now +15% food (from +2)
Nomadic and sedentary now get +/- 33% resettlement cost
Resilent now is +100% garrison health and +50% fortification bonus.

The governments are not updated (they are on wiki)
Here is a list of changes I found (compared to previous version, which You seem to have used)"
from govs: naval capacity in military dictatorship has been bumped up to +20
theocratic oligarchy now gets a -15% leader recruitment cost (in addition to the previous bonus to ethics divergence)
science directorate now gets a +1 leader capacity (in addition to previous bonus)
peaceful bureaucracy had it's leader cap bonus reduced from +4 to +1, also got a +1 leader pool size added
direct democracy reduced from +4 core planets to +2
theocratic republic now has +2 core planets, in addition to it's -10% ethics divergence
From traits:
Agrarian is now +15% food (from +2)
Nomadic and sedentary now get +/- 33% resettlement cost
Resilent now is +100% garrison health and +50% fortification bonus.
Thanks for the info! I'll deploy the fixes shortly.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

Last edited:
First: Great tool! Thank you! Secondly I am using firefox but I also tried Pale Moon but with both nothing happens when I am clicking the buttons. When I open the links in a new tab I am able to see everything but Ethos and Government. I only see the background.

First: Great tool! Thank you! Secondly I am using firefox but I also tried Pale Moon but with both nothing happens when I am clicking the buttons. When I open the links in a new tab I am able to see everything but Ethos and Government. I only see the background.
There were some browser compatibility issues. Hopefully they're fixed now.