• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder19681128

Private
11 Badges
May 26, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hi there, since a couple of days I'm unable to see assets/mods whilst playing Cities in offline mode.
Anyone else has this issue, and if so, is there a sollution for this maybe?
I have checked the integrity of the game content, also checked the folder where the assets/mods are saved and everything is fine. I even deleted the folder so Steam Workshop could rebuild the content. But whatever I try, in offline mode Cities shows not even a single asset or mod.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions:
Upvote 0
As quite a few people are reporting, the game no longer is loading assets/mods in offline mod now thanks to the Steam update on August 16th. (link here). As I see constantly on this forum and Reddit, people have to play the game in offline mode because the game crashes at start up. I was able to successfully get rid of all the SteamMap UGC 15 errors but it still crashes... hence, I run the game offline. This is not the issue I'm concerned about though... I've learned to play this game in offline mode. The issue is now nothing is being loaded in offline mode since the 16th.

A work around was provided to those missing everything in offline mode here but man, this has to be the worst work around.

Here are people reporting the same issue: Here, here, here, here

I would gladly give you my output file but this is not a mod issue. This is the game itself not working correctly with the Steam API.

I just can't buy the expansion pack now.

Last edited:
They won't do anything - this has been an issue since the game launched but seems to be the elephant in the room. Once you have a lot of mods added, the game crashes as soon as the menu screen appears, and deleting the userGameState file allows it to load again, until you try to enable certain (random) mods again. The output.log is full of "m_SteamUGCRequestMap error: 15", and as soon as the game has no access to the internet everything works fine, so it's obviously not a problem with the mods but with Steam, which brings me to the next point - type "m_SteamUGCRequestMap error: 15" that into Google, and look at what other steam games suffer from this issue... none.

They won't do anything - this has been an issue since the game launched but seems to be the elephant in the room. Once you have a lot of mods added, the game crashes as soon as the menu screen appears, and deleting the userGameState file allows it to load again, until you try to enable certain (random) mods again. The output.log is full of "m_SteamUGCRequestMap error: 15", and as soon as the game has no access to the internet everything works fine, so it's obviously not a problem with the mods but with Steam, which brings me to the next point - type "m_SteamUGCRequestMap error: 15" that into Google, and look at what other steam games suffer from this issue... none.

Correct. I've had that error for almost a year now; however, the general solution has been to run the game in offline mode. That has always worked for me. A few months back, I actually managed to remove all the m_SteamUGCRequestMap error: 15 in my output file by finding deleted or private assets in the Workshop itself and thus unsubscribing to them. Although I removed that error, it would still crash in online mode for me so I just kept it offline.

The big problem is now the game won't even load any assets and mods in offline mode due to a Steam API update on August 16th. The developers have to look into this issue. I absolutely want to buy the next expansion pack but I can't if I can't even enjoy anything from the Workshop now.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Merged threads.

I will bring it up with the game's developers Colossal Order, but you should also report it to Steam please, as it's their change that's triggered the problem.

Although not a solution at least I now know I'm not alone in having this issue. At first I thought it was a Windows 10 Anniversary update issue as the problem showed up at the same time. I can play offline but with no mods or assets showing. If attempting to launch game "on line" it keeps crashing. It will only load if I unsub from all mods/assets- trying to launch in "batches" but no joy. I've never experienced a game with so many problems. I understand that using mods/assets is a personal risk but the game is really flaky it feels like a house of cards that comes tumbling down at any moment. The amount of time spent trying to identify & isolate rouge elements is ridiculous and frustrating, surely there must ne an easier way to do this? Would prefer work by CO to correct this "disaster" that destroys cities rather than the new dlc

Reactions:
The trouble is, the fact that the Workshop is no longer working in offline mode is only a secondary problem - most of us are only running in offline mode because of the actual problem, that the game is failing handle Steam Workshop data correctly.

Reactions:
There was a Steam update last night that mentions some API fixes. I don't suppose that helped this problem?

Did anyone actually report this issue to Steam?

There was a Steam update last night that mentions some API fixes. I don't suppose that helped this problem?

Hi, I'm new here.

I have the same problem in C:S and Rimworld (see here) and I contacted Steam support about Rimworld, described the error and made rather clear that this must be a problem of the steam client, since mods worked perfectly in offline mode before the last steam client update. But the steam support won't cooperate: "The mods are not compatible. Talk to the developers of the mods." (translated)

Resubmitting the problem doesn't help, they don't even try to understand what's happening.

The steam update last night did not change anything for me.

I think unless the game devs report this Valve won't fix this.

I have reported it both Paradox and steam using this thread as a reference. I would suggest hat every one else do the same. if enough people complain, they might fix it.
Disabling the Lan as soon as the load screen initializes works! Its not ideal, but after two days of uninstalling and reinstalling the game and re-subbing all of my mods and assets, I am happy to be able to play again. Thanks for all the helpful comments, I was about to give up.

Reactions:
I have logged a bug with CO now.

I still haven't manged to get a modded game to even load a game - someone at either Steam or Paradox has screwed something up big time.

Even with the internet connection disabled, it still crashes. Deleting the userGameState.cgs doesn't even help, the game crashes as soon as I go to the content manager with no mods enabled. I have deleted all of the local custom content and resubscribed to all mods, still a no go, dispite these things fixing the issue before.

I'm having the same problem as of today. The disconnecting the internet trick also doesn't work for me, as I'm specifically only able to play the game in offline mode. I may try moving the workshop items to my local folder as a workaround, but this will be really disappointing if there is no permanent fix from the developer or Steam.

CO have acknowledged this issue (somewhere here, I can't find it right now!) and are indeed working on it. It's not clear to me still if it's a Steam or CSL issue. Have you all contacted Steam Support as well?

I personally haven't yet, the main reason being that Steam support don't exactly have the best reputation and would probably just fob me off saying that there is an issue with the mods or my installation. I have even tried copying the contents of the workshop folder to the local appdata one, but for some reason only mods work and not general assets.

I personally haven't yet, the main reason being that Steam support don't exactly have the best reputation and would probably just fob me off saying that there is an issue with the mods or my installation.
It's possible they will, yes. It's also possible they won't. My thinking is if enough people get onto them about it (and it is indeed their issue) they might actually fix it. If everyone sits back waiting for everyone else to do that, it'll never get fixed.

I had been having the same problem since the update. However, I persevered and managed to sort it...for the moment. What I did was I made a copy of all my assets and mods, Then I unsubscribed from all the assets, just leaving the mods. In the copy I made I weeded out all the mods and deleted them and made a folder called workshop assets and put all the assets within that folder and transferred them to C:/Computername/appData/local/colossal order/Cities_skylines/Addons/assets. The only Mod I had to get rid of was ambient tuner and the mods that added to it as it was causing probs.

When loading the game I deactivated AVG, took my Graphic drivers to an earlier download where the game was stable, made sure Steam was online, Disconnected the internet and started the game. It worked Fine. I kept the internet disabled throughout my game play and had no problems at all. I was releaved when it worked as I had spent over two months on this city reaching a wapping 330K, which is a first for me. I have over 88 Mods and over 2000 assets. my computer setup is I7 4770K clocked to 4.2ghz, 32gb RAM, gigabyte NVidia 970 4gb ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.