• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Reaperdamo

Captain
80 Badges
Aug 15, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Does anyone share star charts? I dont see the point you lose all chance of surveying the system in the future. Is this how it should be done. I always refuse so that i can survey - am i missing something?

Reactions:
I only start to share once the galaxy is full up with empires. I'm never going to get my science ships through four different borders so I may as well get a star chart and find out what's going on over there. But I agree that in the first 2/3 of the game trading star charts is actually disadvantageous because you don't get to survey like you said.

Reactions:
Well, star chart trading is useful in one way: You can offer your star charts and get some trading benifits from them, while effectively blocking the AI from surveying everything you already surveyed. I believe they even value star charts more if they have many systems unknown to them, so it's a particularly evil thing to do.

What about the events? Are they getting in the star system when the map being set up or there is a chance to find them randomly during the game? Is there a chance to find anything in an already surveyed system by the AI?

What about the events? Are they getting in the star system when the map being set up or there is a chance to find them randomly during the game? Is there a chance to find anything in an already surveyed system by the AI?
You can still uncover anomalies even if the AI already researched an anomaly there. If you trade for their star charts on the other hand you can't survey those planets anymore, so you can't get any anomalies from them.

Reactions:
The mechanic of surveyed/unsurveyed planets needs to be completely reworked. Galactic ambitions tech+starcharts can completely ruin your chances of finding anomalies. Starchart/Galactic Ambitions system data needs to be completely detached from your ability to survey systems for anomalies.

Reactions:
You can still uncover anomalies even if the AI already researched an anomaly there. If you trade for their star charts on the other hand you can't survey those planets anymore, so you can't get any anomalies from them.

Thanks for the reply, I had similar thoughts. Then the whole survey process definitely needs to be changed.

The mechanic of surveyed/unsurveyed planets needs to be completely reworked. Galactic ambitions tech+starcharts can completely ruin your chances of finding anomalies. Starchart/Galactic Ambitions system data needs to be completely detached from your ability to survey systems for anomalies.

You can still survey after galactic ambitions. It doesn't cause planets to be surveyed.

Reactions:
I would do it if you got a big opinion buff, but you don't even get that so there is very little incentive apart from gimping future scientists, and losing some fun early game elements.

Does the Survey Data feature still make it impossible to finish precursor quests like in 1.0? Anyone knows?

Feared as much. Ah well, no juicy border extensions :p

Though I assume it should be possible to mod the tech to remove that feature...