[Mini MOD] Whites Officers - Leaders of the United, Great and Indivisible Russia

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kutec

Second Lieutenant
Oct 31, 2015

Officers of the White Guard

Academy of the General Staff.jpg

In real history, in the fire of the Russian Civil War (1917 - 1922), the Reds won. But the Darkest Hour allows us to ask a question - what would happen if the Whites won?
In various modifications to the game introduced by Russia, created by the White Guard - a great way to answer the question "what would happen next?"
And what would be more convenient, interesting and historic to play for Russia, I represent my mini-mod - a collection of real, historical, true Officers of the White Guard!
Modification timeframe - since 1936, but it is possible to use it since 1930.

In a number of modifications of the Darkest Hour, there is an alternative Russia (and a number of countries on the territory of the former Russian Empire) created by the White Guard, which won the Civil War (1917-1922), or created during various wars at a later time.
To my great regret, in all these cases (known to me) the leaders (generals) who are given to Russia are a compilation of a small number of old leaders of the White Guard, Soviet generals, and sometimes even just invented people.
At the same time, it would be logical to assume that in the armies of the countries (primarily Russia) created by the victorious Whites, by the 1930s the command posts will be occupied by white-guard officers who served in small posts during the Civil War. In addition, the age of the general should play an important role - it seems strange when at the later stages of the game divisions / corps are headed by old people in the age of 70-80.
Just as strange, in my opinion, is the large number of former soldiers and commanders of the Red Army in the armies of the alternative White Russia. Historically, in the Red Army after the Civil War, there were a small number of former White Guards who almost never occupied command posts. And they were in the end almost all repressed. It seems to me that the Whites would also not allow the former Reds to join their army.
Considering all this I began to select the necessary information and a photo of White officers holding small posts during the Civil War. I want to create a list of leaders for Russia (created by the Whites) consisting of officers serving in the White Guard and who were quite young.

It is very difficult to assess how the officers of the White Guard would behave in the conditions of the Second World War (and various conflicts of the 30s, 40s, 50s). The biographies of many of them are mean to the details, and only a small part of these officers participated in the Second World War.

For this, the skills of the leaders represented in the modification were modeled by the roll of the die.
We used the die 1d100.

To determine the skill level, I used this algorithm:​
Value on the dice_________Skill Level
0-15________________________4
16-55_______________________5
56-80_______________________6
81-90_______________________7
91-97_______________________8
98-100______________________9
To the level of the skill gained as a result of the dice roll, one level was added if the officer had higher military education (Academy of the General Staff).

Version 1.3 - August 24, 2017 - AVAILABLE!
New in this version:
- 17 Army leaders;
- 33 Navy leaders.
Total:
- 252 leaders!!!

New sections mod:
- 13 ministers of the White Guard of Russia (including the government of Ivan Ilyin);
- 10 technical teams (it's time to show what Russia is capable of);
- Factions of the White Guard!

If you want to create factions based on the White Guard, for you the leaders of the main list are divided into 5 factions:
- Volunteer army (main Russian faction) - tag UTC;
- Cossacks of the Don, Kuban, Terek (the so-called Kazakia) - tag U61;
- The Siberian Army (eastern factions of the Civil War) - tag UER;
- Northern Region (Northern Army of the Arkhangelsk Government) - tag UGS;
- Baltic Russian White Guards (North-Western Army) - tag U63.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wivc08u0za243v3/WO_1_3.zip

Notes on mod files:
In the archive you will see two folders
- WO_Main mod_1_3 - main mode files (leaders, ministers, teams - everything is ready for use!)
- WO_Faction_1_3 - contains a leader list and a photo for the factions (the actual photos duplicate the photo in the main mod folder, but I still decided to post them like that. Maybe you just need one faction.)

Version 1.2 - August 8, 2017 - AVAILABLE!
New in this version:
- 41 Army leaders (Including the highest generals of the Volunteer Army);
- 8 Air force leaders.

Total:
- 202 leaders!!!

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6n7dwla2l2py4qm/WO_1_2.zip

Version 1.1 - July 29, 2017 - AVAILABLE!
New in this version:
- 40 Army leaders;
- 1 Navy leaders;
- 10 Air force leaders.

Total:
- 153 leaders!!!

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/smzaxt0t5h98cfl/WO_1_1.zip

Version 1.0 - July 23, 2017 - AVAILABLE!

In this version:
- 73 Army leaders;
- 14 Navy leaders;
- 15 Air force leaders.
BMP files and CSV file "russia" - just add them to your mod and enjoy!

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yuqis0spctc4k32/WO_1_0.zip
7.jpg

*********************************************************************************************************************************​

Last edited:
Any resources packages are welcomed. I've always found it weird when I find generals within the Russian military who, during the civil war, would have been mortal enemies.

As a side note it would be great to have a grand mod for Russian Civil War, or a Chinese early Warlord era one. Even a battle scenario would be good. DH gives only a limited number of tags for it, so events like the later Tambov rebellion, or the earlier Green Army are only handled by events at most, not to mention smaller nations.

In a number of modifications of the Darkest Hour, there is an alternative Russia (and a number of countries on the territory of the former Russian Empire) created by the White Guard, which won the Civil War (1917-1922), or created during various wars at a later time.
To my great regret, in all these cases (known to me) the leaders (generals) who are given to Russia are a compilation of a small number of old leaders of the White Guard, Soviet generals, and sometimes even just invented people.
At the same time, it would be logical to assume that in the armies of the countries (primarily Russia) created by the victorious Whites, by the 1930s the command posts will be occupied by white-guard officers who served in small posts during the Civil War. In addition, the age of the general should play an important role - it seems strange when at the later stages of the game divisions / corps are headed by old people in the age of 70-80.
Just as strange, in my opinion, is the large number of former soldiers and commanders of the Red Army in the armies of the alternative White Russia. Historically, in the Red Army after the Civil War, there were a small number of former White Guards who almost never occupied command posts. And they were in the end almost all repressed. It seems to me that the Whites would also not allow the former Reds to join their army.
Considering all this I began to select the necessary information and a photo of White officers holding small posts during the Civil War. I want to create a list of leaders for Russia (created by the Whites) consisting of officers serving in the White Guard and who were quite young.
I'm interested in your opinion on whether such a project is needed, and will such a list of leaders be useful for various mods? Thank you in advance for the feedback.

As a small introduction, take a look:
21 army leaders
View attachment 285888

14 air force leaders (They really were pilots or even sometimes commanders of aviation detachments during the Civil War)
View attachment 285889

Good job!
I sent you a PM.

Another series of portraits of White officers:

1) 12 army leaders
3.jpg

2) 18 army leaders - officers of the southern Cossack troops (Don, Kuban, Terek)
4.jpg

@Kutec

Oh, God bless you! I and a team are working on a mod with a surviving Russian Empire in the mid-to-late 20th century and this is exactly what we needed!

Continuation

14 army leaders
5.jpg

Total at the moment 79 portraits.
When 100 portraits are prepared, I intend to upload an archive with .bmp files and a .csv file for downloading.

Brilliant! Will be a great addition to any mod adding in a white Russia. Could probably be attached to the vanilla RUS non-Soviet tag too.

A great release! Hopefully future mods will use this resource, I know I will be using it for my own project. :D

Thank you! I will be glad to see my work in your projects.

The work on the mini-MODE is ongoing, and I'm glad to present the version 1.1! Even more leaders for Russia!
Check the first post of the topic.

And yes, if someone is still interested in this mod, and already downloaded it, please tell me if it works normally for you.

Last edited:
Last edited: