• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AirikrStrife

Bergakungen
20 Badges
Jul 30, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
Another region that I want to call some attention to after my threads for Nile river countries in africa and the caucasus is Romania. This time I even did a mod showing of my suggested changes to Romania:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675111977

Summary of motivation: In 1444 Walalchia and Moldova had fought surrounding great powers of Hungary, Pland and the Ottomans for decades and still remained independent and would continue to do so for several more decades despite being much smaller. The game only manage to keep wallachia independent for a while because of the increased coring cost and because frequently either hungary or Ottomans will guarantee independence to the state. This is all fine but I think some more detail could be given to the region.

Summaryof changes:
Vlad Tepes (Dracula) should be made heir at start date. In 1444 his father was King and the reason he didn't inherit the throne immediatly after his father was because his father was murdered and replaced by a hungarian backed candidate. Furthermore Vlad Tepes should be a leader of Skanderberg qualities.

Moldova independent (no march of Poland)
Moldova frequently paid tribute and allegience to Poland but also fought several wars during the period. Also the march status block the ottoman march along the black sea in an ahistoric way.

1 new culture:
-Moldovan

4 new provinces:
-Transcarpathia (carved out form Zemplen and Marmaros. belongs to Hungary and has ruthenian culture/orthodox religion)
-Bucharest (new province for Wallachia)
-Dobrogea (carved out of Besarabia and Silistria, belongs to Ottomans and has romanian culture and orthodox relgion, capitol still silistria and southern silistria renamed Karvuna with Varna as capitol)
-Bukovina (carved out of northern Moldova and southern Halych, belongs to Moldova)

1 new tag:
-Banat with cores at Temes and Torontal. Banat had similiar status to Transylvania and were often semi-independent and an important border region.

Tweaks at provinces:
-Temes being an important border region which also received a lot of balkan refugees has boosted manpower, a castle and belongs to nobility at start of the game.
-Maramoros, rich mining province, now produces copper and has higher base production. Transylvanian culture since the ruthenian parts now has it's own province.

Dynamic names:
When Vidin is conquered by a romanian state it should be renamed Timoc

Reactions:
Upvote 0
And a few screenshots

Attachments

• 20160429180214_1.jpg
    20160429180214_1.jpg
    313,7 KB · Views: 153
  • 20160429180241_1.jpg
    20160429180241_1.jpg
    347,4 KB · Views: 151
  • 20160429180252_1.jpg
    20160429180252_1.jpg
    329,5 KB · Views: 132
Bumping for the sake of the new expansion which gives more focus on the east.

Further aditions for the region I want to note (working on a new mod fr the black sea region)

Sofia in Bulgaria should be split, a new province (Pirin) should be carved out in the south.

Genoese did control a important trade city in the danube delta, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilia_Veche
That would be an interesting addition to the gameplay to see them with another base in the black sea area

I think the biggest problem with the region (and the same for many other areas close to great powers) is that asymmetric warfare is poorly represented.

In lack there off additional provinces are needed to give maneover space.

Also giving Dracula 6-6-6 stats maybe is a bit over the top? (Although good general stats is another thing which he should have).

I'd like to add to the map changes in Hungary:
1. The province of Bacs (ID: 4126) should be renamed to Bácska and the southern tip (the part between the Drava and the Sava) should be cut off to create the province of "Szerém" or "Szerémség". It should also have a fort.
2. The province of Szolmok (ID 4125) should be cut in half and the northern half should be called "Eger".
You did good with Kárpátalja (Transcarpathia).