• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kucing

The Fat Cat
3 Badges
Jul 7, 2003
www.cse.unsw.edu.au
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Leader Editor + CSV Editor + Death Date Remover

Not available for download since the official editor does the job. If you want it anyway, please email me.

Now compatible with Doomsday. :) If there is any problem, email me at: bakpao<AT>gmail.com (replace <AT> with @)

Current version: 0.6b
Released: 31 May 2005
This is a csv editor for HoI 2. The application makes it easier to edit certain data in HoI 2.

What's new in 0.6?
1. Increased speed (much much faster in opening file).
2. Death date randomizer
3. Random leader generator (ability to customize will come later)

Original leader files (if anything goes wrong) can be obtained here.

Compatible files:
1. Any HoI 2 leader files
2. Any "well formed" csv file (provinces, minister, tech team, difficulty)

Incompatible csv file:
1. Ideology matrix
2. Names: army, navy, air
3. Random leaders name

What this program can do:
1. Increase/decrease provinces IC, metal, resource, etc.
2. Modify other statistics for provinces.
3. Change any/all leader statistics.
4. Push back all leader death date to 1990, effectively making them live forever in the game.
5. Randomize death date.
6. Generate new leaders.

Things to know:
1. Make sure the file you are editing is not opened by any other program (e.g. notepad, Excel). If it is, you may have some trouble saving the game.
2. Opening province.cvs can take up to 10 seconds, depending on computer speed.
3. It does not change the leader data in an on-going game. To see changes, you need to start a new game.
4. The program needs Microsoft .NET framework to run. You can get it here.
5. Make a backup before you edit anything in case there is any editing mistake or bug.

Please feel free to comment, post any problem or suggest improvements. Enjoy!

Last edited:
thank you! Now i won't lose half my leaders to events as germany now :D :D :D :D :D

PS should i back up my files? :confused: :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Is this the same as the one Mr. Stonewall has in his sig?

Thank you Kucing ... very much appreciate this editor. Will save me alot of time from manually changing all the death dates!

Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong...I downloaded and unzipped your file, but when I try to open the HoI 2 Leader Editor.exe file an error comes up saying "application failed to initialize properl9 (oxc0000135)" Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,
Chris

Vincent Julien said:
No, Stonewall's removes deathdates for leaders from selected nations, so it's a seperate thing.

:) Rafiki

Vincent Julien said:

No. His appears to be an editor. Mine is actually the result of chanigng all deathdates to 1960. I used Microsoft Excel to edit. Its wonderfully efficient at putting everything in columns so a simple 5 second replace all values converts the entire file. I use excel to edit all the csv files.

JHopkins19 said:
Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong...I downloaded and unzipped your file, but when I try to open the HoI 2 Leader Editor.exe file an error comes up saying "application failed to initialize properl9 (oxc0000135)" Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I am not 100% sure what happened but it is probably because of the .NET framework. You can try to search Google or use the link below.

Blacknull said:
uhhh....it doesn't work for me x_x somethin bout a .net framework u mentioned...I have windows xp...so...help??? :confused: I would really luv to change the death dates =\

You can download it from Microsoft's website:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

Awsome!

Great editor!! Now my gernerals won't die after I've got them tonnes of experince! Thanks man! I Was playing russia and in 1941 a bunch died including my best airforce general. He spent years attaining his skill fighing bad germans! I have been at war with them for 4 years now. I guess thats what i get for attacking finland earlie.

Thanks a lot for this fantastic editor!

Worked without any problems.
Well, I had one problem, but that was due to my own stupidity.

I accidently opened the leaderfile of the demo version and spent 20 minutes editing several leaders.
So, next try. This time the actual Hoi2-leader file of Germany.
As I didn't want to invest more time, I just chose "override deathdates" and bang: every deathdate changed to 1990.

Questions:

1. Is there an efficient way to disable the deathdates for all countries, or do I have to open each country-leader file manually?

2. From what I have read so far, leaders will automatically die when they have reached their deathdate (like in Victoria). Even if there is no battle, they will die on the battlefield.
Rommel with die in july 1944 even without d-day. Paulus will die in Feb 1943 even if there is no Stalingrad capitulation.
Is that really true?
In this case I wonder what Paradox was thinking. Seems to be the only possibility to disable deathdates.

Why didn't they create events for killing leaders (e.g. if allies occupy several provinces in France 1944, assassination attempt, Rommel and the others die)?

seattle said:
1. Is there an efficient way to disable the deathdates for all countries, or do I have to open each country-leader file manually?

2. From what I have read so far, leaders will automatically die when they have reached their deathdate (like in Victoria). Even if there is no battle, they will die on the battlefield.
Rommel with die in july 1944 even without d-day. Paulus will die in Feb 1943 even if there is no Stalingrad capitulation.
Is that really true?
In this case I wonder what Paradox was thinking. Seems to be the only possibility to disable deathdates.

1. Currently you have to open one by one. Maybe in the next two days I will add the ability to do that automatically.
2. It's true but I can do nothing about it, unfortunately :(.

Leaderdates in HOI2 remind me quite a lot of the Vicky party-system; no matter what happens in the game, you are stuck with predetermined dates for it all. A shame, really. :(

:) Rafiki

I've tried loading the province.csv file with this, and can't get anything to appear in the program. I just get one totally blank line, with the appropriate menu options for the leader editor stillacross the top. I've sat for 5 minutes waiting for it to load. I just clicked on the province file in the db folder. I have a fairly quick computer (p4, 2.0ghz, 512 RAM), and feel either I'm doing something wrong, or the province editor isn't working.

The Leader editor section worked fine for me, so I don't think it is a Net framework issue.

Any advice will be appreciated!