• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This exactly. I just hope there is an event option (the devs did mention a lot more historical events, maybe even what-if events?) to maybe end the war in early 1936 or some other type of compromise which gives Italy limited influence in Ethiopia so that international embargoes are lessened or don't happen at all. By limited influence, I mean something like Britain with Egypt or Iraq. This does not mean Italy conquering Ethiopia and forming a puppet goverment, rather just having a lot of influence in the country's politics.

See this. In my mod, England starts the game with a decision to either offer or repudiate the Pact. If England offers it, Mussolini has the decision to either accept it or reject it. If he accepts it, there is no war, Itay drifts to the Allies, Salasse doesn't give a speech, and even Fermi doesn't emigrate to the US.

I was going to suggest a "community Super heavy Tank design contest" as a marketing thing to fill in the gaps. Were impracticality and 40k:esque silliness in not a liabillity but an asset.

My attempt at making an Italian Super Heavy Tank. (Just for fun). The Il Deuce.

Double barrel (on top of one another) 149mm main guns, 4 Mgs (3 at front, one at the back). A 75mm backside gun (for those pesky flanking maneuvers). And 3 anti-aircraft guns on top. :p

Last edited:
Reactions:

Double barrel (on top of one another) 149mm main guns, 4 Mgs (3 at front, one at the back). A 75mm backside gun (for those pesky flanking maneuvers). And 3 anti-aircraft guns on top. :p

Impractical and stupid, it looks like something designed to appease a 12 year-old with an ego problem.

You have perfectly captured the spirit of Fascist Italy, well done.

Reactions:
Impractical and stupid, it looks like something designed to appease a 12 year-old with an ego problem.

You have perfectly captured the spirit of Fascist Italy, well done.

Thank you. ;)

Reactions:
Why think so small?

Super%20Heavy.png

Reactions:

[video=youtube_share;nddty-WR2zY]http://youtu.be/nddty-WR2zY?t=1m8s[/video]

Reactions:
RM-14-DuneBuggy.JPG

What about Dynamo from "Running Man"? Sure, it's more of an armoured car, but the driver adds enough weight to qualify as a heavy.

In this depiction the tank overruns an Austrian infantry division.

Last edited:
Reactions:
RM-14-DuneBuggy.JPG

What about Dynamo from "Running Man"? Sure, it's more of an armoured car, but the driver adds enough weight to qualify as a heavy.

That's definitely a suitable MBT for Italy in 1945.

hmmm....do those Italian ubertanks have water or air cooled engines?

Ah! No problem then! Add 'em into the game! :happy:

This page of the thread has been the most helpful of all. HOI players don't want rock solid strategic planning, realism and superior doctrines, outrageous impracticality is what the players want! I hope the devs look into this. :p

Last edited:
This page of the thread has been the most helpful of all. HOI players don't want rock solid strategic planning and superior doctrines, outrageous impracticality is what the players want! I hope the devs look into this. :p

I already rallied the troops behind a "German Wunderwaffen"-DLC. With Paradox' new DLC-spam-policy I'm sure there's going to be tons of whacky stuff. The Italian DLC will have to wait though, Japanese death rays have to be published before that.

This Italian tank destroyer looks pretty cool:
Semovente_105_25.jpg

According to the Wiki-entry it was a decent one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semovente_105/25

I already rallied the troops behind a "German Wunderwaffen"-DLC. With Paradox' new DLC-spam-policy I'm sure there's going to be tons of whacky stuff. The Italian DLC will have to wait though, Japanese death rays have to be published before that.

This Italian tank destroyer looks pretty cool:
Semovente_105_25.jpg

According to the Wiki-entry it was a decent one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semovente_105/25

But wait, (putting serious face on) wouldn't that mean the Germans need tank destroyers like the Stug added to the armour tree as another branch? Considering it was a pre-alpha screenshot, maybe the devs will add tank destroyers to the armour branch. SPGs would be allocated to an artillery tree then.

TDs are one of the variants that are represented by the four small icons in every tank tech.

I see, well, considering this TD uses a widened chassis from a M15/42 tank, it would then represent the TD of the P26/40. The M15/42's TD variant would appropriately be the Semovente 75/34.