• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EnvyDemon

Do Not Click Palmyra
71 Badges
Aug 17, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Sengoku
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • Empire of Sin
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
6 is a bit low atm, and I would personally like to see the limit increased to 20-30.

Specifically, this is about the deadie conversation in the current werewolf big, we are already at the limit and would like to invite more people. Is there even a reason for the limit?

Reactions:
I fully agree that the limit is really low. Especially considering you could have 11 people in a PM loop in the old forum (5 cc, 5 bcc, and yourself). 20--30 might be a bit much, but having it at 10 or 15 would be really really great and appreciated.

I fully agree that the limit is really low. Especially considering you could have 11 people in a PM loop in the old forum (5 cc, 5 bcc, and yourself). 20--30 might be a bit much, but having it at 10 or 15 would be really really great and appreciated.

True, most people would be fine with 15.

Or you create a group and discuss it there as there is no limit to the members you can have :). Limiting the number of people in a PM limits the server load and whilst it's not huge for PMs, it's still a load.

Reactions:
Or you create a group and discuss it there as there is no limit to the members you can have :). Limiting the number of people in a PM limits the server load and whilst it's not huge for PMs, it's still a load.
I doubt you would like us using groups, since that would mean lots of small groups which gets abandoned soon.
Say I contact AOK. 11 and asks him to shoot Ironhead 5. Then I later get killed and that group will never be used again.
Also there is the problem of secrecy; people can't know who are in contact with each other---or even who is in contact with somebody. So groups aren't a solution. (At least not unless you also can hide who the mods in a group are besides hiding members and all threads in that group. And isn't there something about you immediately joining even if it is set to requiring approval to join? That would be highly problematic too.)

But thanks for the explanation. By the way why was it lowered in the new forum? Since as mentioned it was 10 in the old and while we did hit that ceiling from time to time it was a much better limit than the current 6 person one.