• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

akot783

Corporal
22 Badges
Jun 7, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Empire of Sin
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Does anyone know what kind of time it takes to cook up these forged documents?? My diplomat is stationed forever in the neighbouring county.
My spymaster is also stationed there to make spy network - and how do I benefit out of this network?

Thanks!

I think you've got the wrong sub-forum - though I'm sure this will be moved soon.

In answer to your question, though, it can vary depending on the skill of your chancellor. If you look on the council screen, a percentage as to the chance p/year of fabricating a document is given - the better skilled your man, the higher the percentage.

Admittedly, it doesn't always follow this, and seems to just be a case of waiting it out. I've had crap chancellors fabricate claims in weeks where genii have taken years.

As for the spy network, I think it increases the chance of an assassination (?) though don't quote me on that.

Hope I was some help.

As Densley said, it varries.
Quite alot actually.

Generally, I don't try to fabricate claims if the chancellor's skill is below 13. (but that's because I've sat on my ass waiting for +30 years in those cases).

Anyways, I've had a 15 diplo chancellor forge a claim the day after he began, and waited 10 years with a guy with 20.. (though, this is not often).

just get someone with above 13, and wait, it usually dosn't take more than a couple of years in that case.

Nothing to do with AARs, moved to main CK II forum.

Does anyone know what kind of time it takes to cook up these forged documents?? My diplomat is stationed forever in the neighbouring county.
My spymaster is also stationed there to make spy network - and how do I benefit out of this network?

Thanks!

You seem to be confused - It isn't a matter of time. It is a matter of chance.

Hold your mouse over the fabricate claim option and you can see how likely your chancellor is to fabricate a claim on any county he is sent to.

Usually we're talking something between 10 to 20% chance yearly - not sure if that means it can only happen once every year, or more often.

Well, you could make it about time. If a chancellor has a 20% chance yearly of fabricating a claim, then on average, it should take 5 years to get a claim.

I find that if I move your chancellor around every few months to a year, I get claims more often. This means that you have to have at least two targets you want claims on, but that isn't too hard to do.

I find that if I move your chancellor around every few months to a year, I get claims more often. This means that you have to have at least two targets you want claims on, but that isn't too hard to do.

I'd love to see some math on this - I sure could use some of that gamey formula stuff in my current game. I've waited 30 years with a 26 chancellor to take a puny county so I can expand my empire in a less risky way (holy wars are starting to become very dangerous)

I'd love to see some math on this - I sure could use some of that gamey formula stuff in my current game. I've waited 30 years with a 26 chancellor to take a puny county so I can expand my empire in a less risky way (holy wars are starting to become very dangerous)

If you are an empire (or even a kingdom) you can bring in claimants and land them in baronies before pressing their claims to entire duchies and stuff. Or you can press the claims of your kinsmen (you did marry them to folks with decent claims right?). Fabricated claims tend to take forever in comparison, and they get more expensive. Since you are most likely not going to personally hold the county, it's better to just press someone else's claim and make them your vassal.

The exception to this is places that don't have claimants, like Republican provinces (groan...), and Rome or other Prince-Bishoprics...

You didn't try to answer my inquiry, Aly. I perfectly well know how claimants work - I am not asking for tips on effective claiming (and besides your method isn't always the best way to proceed)

Unfortunately, I have no insight into how the formula works. I can anecdotally say that I would never leave my chancellor sitting on a province for more than 5 years; I'd move them if they failed to fabricate a claim there. I'm pretty sure it's just probability at work, and some stunningly bad luck.

I apologize for not addressing your initial inquiry; I guess I was more focused on your commentary towards expanding the realm in a less risky way.

:p

Spymaster's spy network mission does 3 things
1. Increase assassination chance
2. Increase imprison chance
3. Reveals the target province and several around it. Very useful for checking the position of the mongol doom stack.

im not sure how much a chancellors skill actually affects it... i decided to make an uber chancellor for testing... he started out a 10, but i used the consol to make him 95.... by 1073 i have fabricated 2 claims... i never saw a higher % than 19.... the first took 4 years, the second 3..... ive had Dip:9 chancellors fabricate claims in months. Heck i had one dip:16 who fabricated the higher claims in days(duchy, kingdom) and then took a few months for counties...

suffice it to say, its very confusing....

im not sure how much a chancellors skill actually affects it... i decided to make an uber chancellor for testing... he started out a 10, but i used the consol to make him 95.... by 1073 i have fabricated 2 claims... i never saw a higher % than 19.... the first took 4 years, the second 3..... ive had Dip:9 chancellors fabricate claims in months. Heck i had one dip:16 who fabricated the higher claims in days(duchy, kingdom) and then took a few months for counties...

suffice it to say, its very confusing....

Diplomacy increases the chance of fabricating as it goes up, I believe until you maxed out at around 19 percent. Any extra diplomacy is wasted on the chance. There is a mod, I can't remember the name however, that takes this cap away, and continues increasing chances as the skill increases.

Unfortunately, I have no insight into how the formula works. I can anecdotally say that I would never leave my chancellor sitting on a province for more than 5 years; I'd move them if they failed to fabricate a claim there. I'm pretty sure it's just probability at work, and some stunningly bad luck.

I'm with Aly, I have found more success moving my councellor to another province after 5 years if he has not been able to fabricate a claim. Usually when I do this he will get a claim before the year is out.

Spymaster's spy network mission does 3 things
1. Increase assassination chance
2. Increase imprison chance
3. Reveals the target province and several around it. Very useful for checking the position of the mongol doom stack.

This last item is a news to me. I have never seen it happen. Hmmm... Not sure what my Spy master is up to when he is these foreign lands. I am sure he is playing 007...

If the tooltips that indicate a x% yearly chance of success are actually that, then this just relates to the binomial distribution bin(n,x), where n is the amount of years you wait and x the aforementioned probability. The expected value of that is n times x, as MadocComadrin says, so it takes on average 1/x years to get a claim.

But again, the way the actual game works may be different. Does anyone have any ideas about the details of this?