• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
db_file_img_93839_690x0.jpg

Πείθων

Peithon looked at the coin, his face on the one side and that of Athena on the other. Turning to Eudamos, he grinned.

"The last couple decades have been awful, but look at this, it looks exactly how I used to when I had hair."

Peithon held the coin up beside his face and grinned wider. Eudamos laughed, the Peithon on the coin and the Peithon beside the coin had about 20 years difference. Putting the coin down, Peithon looked at Eudamos.

"Brother, you need to find a wife ... and don't roll your eyes at me." just as Eudamos was rolling his eyes. "I'm serious. Karanos, Peithon (age 7), Eudamos (age 5), and Apotheosis (age 9) need their uncle to be married and have kids."

Eudamos rolled his eyes again. "Fine, but I want a good bride, not some lowly noble's fat aunt."

Peithon chuckled, "No worries,, I'm not going to let some fat monster woman eat you up."

A History of the City of Salamis 313-303 BCE

During the decade which defined the breakup of the empire Alexander had labored to create a new power was being born on the island of Cyprus. The Polis of Salamis ruled by the Tyrant Nicocreon grew greatly during this time. The city saw new life brought to it when the magnificent port commissioned by Nicocreon in 314 was completed in the year 311. With these new expansive facilities Salamis grew to become to central trade hub for the entire island attracting merchants from Spain to India. Due to Salamis's status as a major trade hub in the eastern Mediterranean the city soon came to experience a population boom. Tens of thousands of people either fleeing the Diadochi Wars or moving as a result of the cities new found prosperity found a home within the walls of the polis. Furthermore the trade boom meant that all other Polis's on the island grew increasingly reliant on Salamis as a transit point for their trade goods.

As the city grew so did the ambitions of its ruler and in 309 BCE Nicocreon commissioned the building of a large fleet consisting of over 50 galleys and triremes to keep the city safe and to ward up any unwanted aggression from the other power on the island the Polis of Soli. As the power of Soli grew, backed by the powerful satrap Ptolemy Nicocreon realized that he too needed to expand his influence if he wanted Salamis to keep its relative independence. In 307 he negotiated the marriage of his youngest son Teucer (age 17) to the daughter of the daughter of the Tyrant of Kition thereby securing his southern border and gaining a strong and relatively powerful new ally on the island. The following year he managed to seal a marriage pact between his widower uncle Demetrius and the eldest daughter of the Tyrant of Amathis. With this half of Cyprus had been secured for Nicocreon and his allies.

With a small sphere of influence carved out on the island Nicocreon decided to shift his focus back to the internal affairs of his city. In 306 he established the first grain banks on the island, allowing small farmers to grow their operations while allowing the Tyrant to line his pockets. By 305 he had established a new system for the recruitment of hoplites, making service (during times of war) and training (during times of peace) mandatory for all males between the ages of 16 and 30. As part of this reform he also codified into law a new set of rules concerning his soldiers. From 305 onward soldiers would be allowed the first pick of new territories taken as well as a right to 1/3 of all slaves taken and 1/3 of all loot. A new training barracks was built within the city during this time as well however only one record remains of it today.

In the year 304 Nicocreon again turned his attention outwards due to the death of the Tyrant of Kition. Although tempted to put his own son forward as an heir to the former king he worried about how such a move might be perceived. Instead he chose to back the claim of the man's second eldest son in return for the boys loyalty and alleigance. With Nicocreon's support the boy Telamon had his older brother murdered in his sleep and quietly took the throne. With Telamon on the throne of Kition Nicocreon was finally in a position to solidify his hold over the eastern half of Cyprus. Soon talks began with Telamon and the Tyrant of Amathis, about establishing a new league encompassing their respective polis's in order to ensure the security of all the cities in eastern Cyprus. Using his economic, political and military influence by the end of 303 it seemed that talks about a league where finally just about over and that a new age for Salamis was just on the horizon....

Πείθων

Peithon sends the following message to Sibyrtios.

Dear General Sibyrtios,

Peithon wants you to come to Media to become Strategos of the South. If you accept, please head immediately to the Median border. If you can bring any Greek or Macedonian officers, that would be appreciated by Peithon as well.

Philoxenus, Secretary for the Medians

Last edited:
GM NOTE: The new stats are still under construction, hopefully to be finished on Friday or on Saturday. There are a few new things regarding the stats, in addition to a more detailed account of incomes and expenses. Namely the new systems of 'hegemony' and 'army types'.

Hegemony is there to represent various things that the OTL Diadochi Kingdoms aspired for; stability, legitimacy and hegemonic control over trade, tribes and poleis. Hegemony is needed to control the kingdom efficiently, it effects the morale of armies, various projects and overall stability, and is also there to create more necessity to invest in various projects granting prestige . or making various actors inside the realm more content with the Diadochi rule...

Army types are implemented to represent the differences between the armies of the Diadochi realms. In the East more cavalry, native troops and some Persian ways of fighting are adopted, while in the West a mix between traditional Macedonian phalanx, Greek hoplites and new support troops is adopted.

The army types will be:

Hoplite (The old and traditional Greek way of fighting) (Small numbers, good L. and M. INF, poor cavalry)
Hellenized Tribal (The armies of the Thracians, Paionians and Taulanti, which have lately incorporated some Greek structures. Good and numerous L INF and CAV, but poor and expensive M and H. INF)
Western/Light Diadochi (The army of Makedon, inherited from Philip and Alexander, now with certain introductions from the East) (Good and cheap INF, more expensive CAV)
Eastern/Heavy Diadochi (More cavalry and heavier troops, and Eastern levies in larger numbers. (Good and heavier CAV, numerous L. INF, expensive yet powerful H. INF)
Persian (The old satrapial armies of Persia still retained largely untouched by the few Persian rulers of the East. Cheap and numerous CAV and L INF, no H or M INF)

Last edited:
”What do you think of him?” Seleukos stood in the courtyard of Babylon with his son and heir Antiochos. The sun had set and night was approaching. The Diadochi war had lasted a decade and a half, all of the empire had taken part, luckily Peithon and his power had been greatly reduced.

“He is good father, strong and with plenty of stamina.” Antiochos said as he kept sprinting around the courtyard.

“Good, now get down and follow me.” As they walked past the halls in the palace, they eventually entered a small room, at the end hung a map of the empire, or what used to be the empire. “Apama has been married to Sandrokottos, it might prove vital should another eastern war break out, she however is not the issue. I would marry Phila (UNNAMED daughter (9)) to Ptolemaios son of Ptolemaios, we have had good relations with Egypt ever since the death of Alexander the Great and I would like to see it continue.

However, you my son the doors are open, I would marry you to one of our northern friends. Eumenes has a potential daughter, Helena, however we have often been at odds, and there are certain other questions which lay open which needs closing should such a match happen. However, the match we should strive for is Eurydike, daughter of king Philippos, the legitimacy could be good for us.

If the match to Eurydike goes through then we can marry Achaeus (UNNAMED son (10)) to the daughter of Eumenes. Perhaps arrange for Laodice (UNNAMED daughter (4)) to be married to a child, or grandchild Antigonos, or the son of Kassandros.

That would secure the west, then we simply have the east.” He looked at the different realms which had emerged. “Now Parthia, they matter little to us, if we can come to an agreement, perhaps even a marriage with them then all the better. If we can then isolate Media then.” He took a dagger and slammed it into Rhagae on the map. “We can finally take Media.”

(I will name the other children later)

The Wedding of Alexandros IV and Kleopatra, Daughter of Ptolemaios

As the last wars within the empire finally came sputtering to ignominious ends, the Satrap of Egypt prepared to consolidate his several gains, and above cement his position amongst the leading lords of Macedon; Lagidia would serve as his base for rich eastern trade, he knew, and Alexandria was already emerging as one of the great hubs of commerce and art – he’d need only to ensure the Phoenician cities were brought into line and his dominance of maritime trade would be assured. However, the comings and goings of merchants of little concern in regards to his legitimacy; he had ensured that his war Alexandros would remain in Egypt, and had shown his strength and independence to the Macedonian lords well enough (though he continued to regard the situation in Epiros to be one wholly opposed to his interests). Now was the time to ensure his connections to the house of Megas Alexandros were made unmatched; he presented his young daughter Kleopatra to his young King, and after waiting a customary time to court and the like, he began preparations for marriage. As winter approached (Macedonia at least; it remained pleasant along the Nile), the details were finalised, and upon the arrival of a full moon, the ceremony was held, not unlike the one Ptolemaios himself had undergone during his nuptials with the King’s aunt almost two decades ago.

With this wedding done, Ptolemaios soon began setting his eyes on a potential spouses for his other children, namely his son, heir, and namesake; he had long since entered into talks with Seleukos regarding a match between Ptolemaios Neoteros and his daughter Phila, something the two found exceptionally beneficial. On the other hand, his illegitimate children were still in needs of marriages, and Ptolemaios was eager to see offers of betrothals for their hands in the coming months.

"Simmias, how do you find the King?"

"The King, my lord? He seems well...as well as I can tell at least."

"Of course, of course. I notice you find nothing strange in my comment."

"Your comment? Well I suppose there is-"

"Yes, the other; let us ignore him for now, I was merely testing you. Simmias, I consider that there has for some time been no secretary to the monarch. I also consider that since the madness of Polyperchon, there has been no guardian for the realm. These matters I shall put to an end. What say you to me becoming the secretary of our dear Philip?"

"I say that you would wear the title well, my lord."

"*Sigh*, I do not request your company for mere agreement. How do you think it would fit?"

"I believe that Macedonia stands uneasy with things as they are, Cassander. Philip is ineffectual, and the council desires someone of constitutional standing to be present. Your current office, while of course noble, does not quite suffice."

"Exactly! The council must have its guidance, and the King his council."

"But sire, I must say what of Alexander?"

"The little king? alexandromikros is a decade past his arrival, moreover he hasn't spent a single minute within Macedonia. The half-breed has no more right to call himself King than does that aetolian over there."

"Lord...such talk-"

"Such talk! Men have died for it, and what! Let it be said. The brat has no claim, we have known it since Alexander's death. Why else would his mother hide him away in Egypt, of all places. He is a bastard at best; I saw Roxanne in the flesh, and frankly I have no doubt that the boy is the spawn of some cattle herd. Let us pretend no more that he carries respect within these walls. Olympias died long ago, and with here any respect that her line could claim. Besides, we have the child of Cleopatra. Talk is safe in such times; there are more important matters at hand, matters of practicalities. Come, let us discuss it no further."

~

"Phaenias of Eresus,

Allow me to humbly request your service in the education of Philippos, the heir of Philip III, and my sons Philippos, Antipater and Iollas. Philip has expressed a great deal of interest in patronising the theory of wisdom, and he and I both seek to grant our descendants the education that was afforded to ourselves. It is our wish that yourself and any of your companions that are willing journey to Pella where you may make a home for yourself at the royal residence."

~

Decrees of Larissa
"Military service is opened to all citizens and freed men of the Hellenic league. Any such men that are citizens of a foreign polis will be deducted from the levy mandated by the Hellenic league upon their city of origin.
Any man that serves for a period of ten years or more with the soldiery is to be granted Macedonian citizenship.
Any man that, at the end of their term of service, that is a part of the Macedonian polis, may exchange payment for a plot of land enough to raise a family."

~

"Greetings, my king. It is heartening to see you in such spirits."

"Cassander, friend! I hope you are not here for serious matters."

"Not serious my lord, no. I simply wish to speak of family concerns.

"Cassander you know these bore me so. For years Eurydice would speak to me of such, let it not come between us."

"Philip, my king, I must insist. These are serious matters to which we must attend ourselves, such is our duty in life. I love it no more than you, certainly I say I love it less, but these are the things to which we become accustomed. Our children are our future, and thus their lives are most important to us. I raise the question of your heir, Philippos. He is only young, but I have no doubt that given the situation there are vultures circling around him, seeking to use him for their own gain. A match between himself and my daughter, Phila, the child of your own half-sister Thessalonike, would no doubt strengthen the position of yourself and your heir, and grant stability to Macedonia and its people in a time of great need. I know such matters bore you Philip, but we must consider them; I also raise the issue of my son, Antipater . It is my desire that he, like all my children, follow in my footsteps and those of my father as a servant and friend to your house; I can not help but feel that such a bond could only be helped by the union of himself and your daughter, Eurydike. The children have known each other since they were young, and I have little doubt that the natural friendship in both partnerships would blossom wonderfully if we grant it the opportunity. Forgive me Philip, I can see I have spoken enough of such matters.

I hope you will be more interested to hear of who I have invited to our court."

Last edited:

Πείθων

Peithon sighed, there was so much work to do. Temples to build, colonists to protect, tax collectors to organise, statues to build, borders to protect, Kings to bribe. All a very long and arduous process. Calling up Philoxenus, the old bat, he wrote the following letters.

Dear (Ptolomaios, Eumenes, Pharsman, Sandrakottos, Kassandros, Antigonos, Seleukos),

My brother Eudamos, my sons Karanos, Peithon, Eudamos, and my daughter Apotheosis all need to be married. If you have a son/daughter that needs a suitor/wife, we can work something out.

Peithon.

GM NOTE: Orders due 1st of July, 23:59 GMT. We will have two year turns from now on, thus the years covered shall be 302 and 301 BCE. The amount of orders will stay the same, and also keep in mind the IC actions. Please remember to IC and name your children, address other issues etc. The new era of building legitimacy has begun, and you can follow progress with the new 'hegemony' stat. Note that the stat ranges from 0 upwards, with no upper limit. However progress past 50 will become immensely hard. 50 ranks as very stable, while 30-20 means instability and negative effects start happening. Going below that will cause great havoc.

Also I will update the first page Soon(TM). (<done)

((Is it time for a marauding horde of Celts to come and kill everyone yet? Because if so dibs on that.))

I will let you know when the time comes :p

Last edited:
Antigonos sat at his desk, sighing wearily as he looked at the stack of letters he had received since the end of the war. So much death and the major players in the Kingdom were the same as before. The lines shifted and allegiances grew thin, but the same people still held power in the same places. Kassandros, Lysimakhos, Eumenes, Ptolemaios, Seleukos, and Peithon had been the most powerful men before the war, and they remained so, even if their comparative strength had changed. Antigonos felt he had done well to gain so much after his time as a pariah in Xanthos, but knew it could have been far more had he not made himself a pariah to begin with. With the war over, his age made itself increasingly apparent, and he couldn't help but examine the past and wonder how things might have turned out had he acted differently. His legacy was the most important thing on his mind, and he knew there was much he could have done better to secure it.

Antigonos was glad at least that his son and heir Demetrius had grown into a fine man, respected by his peers, even if Demetrios had taken his advice to secure a legacy a bit too... vigorously. He had sired 4 sons- Antigonos (10), Kyrillos(7), Anatolius(5), and Tryphon(3), 4 daughters- Euphemia (11), Stratonike (9), Helene(6), and Galene(2), and a myriad of illegitimate children. At least marriage prospects wouldn't be limited, since Demetrios' brother Philippos was still unmarried and making increasing amounts of noise about wanting to rectify that. The other Satraps seemed to be of similar minds towards marriages, which was fortunate, but he knew this was but the first step to a new war. Strengthen alliances and forge ties, so that next time they would be victorious. The Kingdom of Alexandros will never know true peace, only lulls between wars.

Satrap Philippos sat in his personal offices, secure within the sanctity of the Sogdian Rock. But for all its glory, the Rock had not stopped the Parthians from stealing Philippos' rightful lands. Between the stress of this failure, the bickering between the lords of the west, and his growing age, Philippos had by now well-felt himself weakening, the years wore on him sooner in these few years then then they had in the decades before.

But he was not yet dead. In fact, life seemingly arose all around him. Harpalus, his son, and his Baktrian wife had proven a most fruitful union, producing, at the moment, five grandchildren for Philippos. Surprisingly, he found himself greatly fond of them, their youth a decent distraction from his own decay. The firstborn, a daughter of 11, named Kallisto, proved inquisitive, and often accompanied Philippos when he poured over documents or other stately matters. Harpalus' also bore a younger daughter of 5 named Elpis.

And Harpalus too had bore three sons, the future heirs to the legacy of Philippos. The eldest, a son of 9, was named Heliogenes, "born of Helios", in honor of both the Sun god, but perhaps also in reference to Harpalus' newfound interest in the local faith of fire - Zoroastrianism. The second son, age 7, was named Diokles in honor of Zeus, and the third son, age 3, was named Kosmas, in honor of an old relative from Philippos' youth.

If Philippos could not restore what was lost, he had faith in his lineage that they could do what he could not. And he had solace for once, not from the loyalty earned through coin, not through the coin earned through trade, not even from the massive Sogdian Rock, but from family. It was nice.

The Formation of the League of Salamis 302 BCE

In the spring of the year 302 BCE, Nicocreon finally achieved one of his greatest objectives, one which he had pursued for all three decades of his rule. He at long last managed to form a League of cities all subject to him. All during the winter of 303 and 302 he had held numerous meetings with the leaders of various cities all across the eastern Mediterranean. He married off numerous daughters and promised special trading rights to a few cities however by the end he ended up forming a league which stretched from Cyprus to Crete. Not only that but all cities in the League consented to granting Salamis a small tribute for their protection as well as agreeing to contribute a good sized force to any campaign the League might embark on in future times. With the formation of the League Nicocreon hoped to spend the rest of the 302 consolidating his political and diplomatic gains before turning his attention towards expansion once again. However consolidating his position was not all that was on Nicocreon's mind as word spread of the formation of his League of Salamis. He was now also concerned with picking a protector from among the numerous successors to Alexander who were present to his south north and east.

Family Tree

Nicocreon (Age 53)
Helena (Age 46)-Wife to Nicocreon
Aegeus (Age 31)- Eldest Son
Eleni (Age 30)-Wife of Aegeus
Iola (Age 29)-Eldest Daughter
Nyx (Age 27)- Daughter
Tanis (Age 23)-Daughter
Zoe (Age 22)-Daughter
Demas (Age 20)- Son, Twin of Dares
Dares (Age 20)- Son, Twin of Demas
Teucer (Age 18)- Son

Last edited:
On behalf of Philip III, Cassander bid that messages be sent to the following notables: Praxiphanes of Mytilene and Dicaearchus of Messana , Zeno of Kition and Cleanthes of Assos, Herophilos of Chalcedon, Bacchius of Tanagra and Erasistratus, Philitas of Cos, Philemon of Syracuse and Diphilus. A collection of scholars, poets, philosophers of the Lyceum and stoa, anatomists and physicians, it was Philip's hope to become a major patron of (mainly Greek) arts and science. All were offered patronage by the King; some invited to travel to Macedon, to teach and to establish schools on the model of the Academy and Lyceum; others (those already established, or who would simply refuse) were offered funds to support their own teachings as they saw fit.

A Declaration of War on the Polis of Soli

The League of Salamis formally declares war on the Polis of Soli for their repeated and near constant encroachment upon the independence of cities on the eastern end of Cyprus. Furthermore we have watched with great dismay as they have subjugated city after city on the western end of the island, forcibly destroying the independence of once proud cities and once proud peoples from Phoenicians to Arcadians like myself. Perhaps even more outrageously we do have reason to believe that Soli has been planning a strike on the League and Salamis itself, as confirmed by our friends in Egypt. Therefore we find that we have no other option but to preemptively engage Soli and its terrible tyrant and bring the city to heel.

We also formally invite all cities on the western side of Cyprus to join the league as we are all brothers cut from the same cloth on this island. It would be a terrible thing to engage each other in the course of this war and the League can offer you protection and stability far beyond what you currently enjoy. Furthermore this League work for Cypriot interests not the interests of others.

Lastly I call upon the people of Soli to cast their Tyrant out and to sue for peace. This will be the only way for war to be avoided.

-King Nikokreon of Salamis and of the League of Salamis

Outbreak of the Cypriote War

The calm that had settled after the end of the war of the Diadochi proved to be quite tenuous. This time, however, it wasn’t Macedonians fighting, but their subjects. The Cypriotes had been nominally subdued by Alexandros, and they had helped him in the siege of Tyre. Now, the island had been divided to two leagues led by Salamis and Soli, both close to Ptolemaios, and the party of Salamis also to Antigonos. Soon after the Macedonians were done with their wars, for now, Nikokreon the Tyrant of Salamis decided to declare war upon Soli – in order to unite the Cypriote poleis under one league and one overlord. The other eastern cities, although some somewhat reluctantly, provided him with a large army for the campaign.

The initial attack upon Soli and her allies was spearheaded by the defection of Lapithos, as the Tyrant Praxippos went over to the League of Salamis, opening a way for Nikokreon and his allies to march straight upon Soli. A battle between Nikokreon and hastily assembled Solians and their allies was fought in the middle of the plains between Lapithos and Soli. The hoplite armies assembled by the warring parties were surprisingly similar in size, in tactics and in quality, and the bloody day ended with only a nigh victory for the League of Salamis, which then proceeded to put Soli under siege. A blockade was set in place, as only parts of the fleet of Soli were sighted. The remnants sailed to the safer southern parts of the island, beginning to raid the ships of lesser allies of Salamis, and attacking Kition from sea. This led the lesser poleis to call on Nikokreon to abandon the siege and march – or sail to their aid.

The fact that the simply poleis of Cyprus lacked proper technology for a siege meant that the walls of Soli would hold for quite a good time, and Tyrant Eunostos trusted in them and his contacts. A convoy of ships arrived from the West and had to be let in by Nikokreon, as they bore symbols of the Macedonian Kingdom. Their exact origin remained unknown to him. The war also took its toll on other ships, as Phoenician and Rhodian ships were sunk by both sides, resulting in protests directed at Pella and Egypt.

Army of Salamis: 1,500 LI, 1,000 HI
50 triremes

League Allies: 2,000 LI, 2,000 HI
80 triremes
Besieging Soli

Army of Soli (besieged):
500 LI, 500 HI
10 triremes

Army of Soli and allies:
1,000 LI 1,500 HI
50 triremes
In Marion, ships raiding along the coast

((This was for half of the turn, send new war orders please))

Last edited:
Messages to the polis of Cyprus

"Tyrants and Archons of Cyprus. Concerned parties, namely the poleis of Phoenicia and that of Rhodes, have sent word to the royal court that your war has spilled beyond your island and into the Mesogeios. You might expect that such a petty conflict makes no impact upon the Kingdom of Macedonia, but a transgression against the allies of Macedonia is a transgression against Macedon itself, and as protector of the Hellenic League our King Philip III can not sit idly by. I urge you, make effort to restrain the forces under your command and make recompense to those you have wronged; allow this issue to be forgotten."

Message to Kassandros of Makedonia

"I do pledge to repay for any and all damages done during this war to the Rhodesians and Phoecians, it was not our intent to harm their trade unfortunately severa of their ships were mistaken for those of our enemies. However Salamis does not deserve the brunt of the blame here. The polis of Soli has dispatched her navy raiding up and down the shores of our great island. These men have no discipline and are closer to pirates then soldiers. We believe it was them who are responsible for a great number of the attacks.

-Nikokreon King of Salamis"

Kleonymos and Agathokles

While the Samnites were still locked in their war against Rome, slowly losing more and more territory as tribes were either destroyed by the Latins or defected to the Roman camp, the Lucanians once again decided to mount a campaign against the Greeks. Joined by the Iapygians, they attacked the surroundings of Taras in 304 BCE. Taras called for aid, reaching out to both her mother city of Sparta – and to Agathokles of Syrakousai. By 302 BCE, help started to arrive. A contignent of Spartans and various mercenaries arrived to Great Greece, led by a member of the royal house of Agiads, a certain Kleonymus. He didn’t succeed his father, and was in turn forced into exile. The Spartans, however, agreed to sending him and provided him with initial number of ships and troops for his expedition.

The Lucanians quickly broke away after hearing the news of the arrival of a larger Spartan force. But Kleonymus, ambitious due to his noble birth and Spartan education, wasn’t content with simply driving away the barbarians. He moved back to the coast, and occupied the polis of Metapontion, a longtime adversary of Taras. There he started preparations to build a fleet and an even larger army, recruiting Italic mercenaries. Even Taras was alarmed by this, and Agathokles started to worry about his own influence.

Early next year, 301 BCE, Agathokles landed on the peninsula, making the polis of Rhegion submit to him, before proceeding to wage war on the Bruttians, occupying a stretch of their lands for a power base and stronghold on the peninsula. He too started to recruit mercenaries and by the end of the year concluded peace with the Bruttians, who became more or less his allies, at least for now. Kleonymos responded to the intervention of Agathokles by occupying Korkyra by force, seizing the main link between the Greek mainland and the colonies. The stage was slowly being set for a round of war, similar to the wars of the diadochi, in Megale Hellas. And the Epirotes and Macedonians would surely follow it with great interest.

Further to the North, the Romans, having forced their way through the lands of the Umbrians and Samnites of Sabinium, reached the Adriatic by the end of 301 BCE, establishing a series of colonies and outposts to guard their possessions in the centre of Italy. The Samnites still remained unbeaten, but they were certainly losing. Capua and Neapolis, the allies that had defected Rome over a decade ago, would soon likely face the wrath of the Senate and People of Rome

Πείθων

Peithon was standing in pose, waiting for the artist to finish his rendering into stone when his brother walked in.

"Dear brother, the Leagues of Crete have gone to war."

Casually throwing his campaign cape he wore on the increasingly irate artist, Eudamos hugged his brother like a bear might a boar. Peithon grinned and rolled his eyes.

"That'd be the Leagues of Cyprus dearest brother. The petty tyrants of Soli and Salami are slapping each other until Kassandros gives up and hits them both."

Eudamos scratched his nose. "Eh, it is no skin off our back. Let the small fry fight as the leviathan sleeps, or ..." Eudamos appraises Peithon, "at least gets it's ugly face immortalised."

Peithon chuckled, which led the artist to loudly "harrumph", which in turn led Eudamos and Peithon to burst out laughing. The guards were fairly confused as the artist stomped out of Peithon's quarters red face as Peithon and Eudamos could barely breathe from their laughter.

Bribes and Revolts

Alexandros, son of Polyperchon, still remained strong in Achaea. Having stopped Kassandros after the loss of Corinth, he opted to fortify Sicyon as his new powerbase, recruiting a strong army in the region and declaring himself the Strategos of Peloponnese. The cities were subdued to his rule, and forced to send their men to serve under his banners. Monetary and other support was received from Egypt, but Alexandros had further ambitions. Ambitions that would lead to a drastic new escalation in the shaky relations between the diadochi.

Kassandros sent Prepelaus to Corinth, in order to establish direct negotiations with Alexandros. He was offered a very intriguing deal in a letter presented to him.

Greetings Alexander, I hope that you will be receptive to this letter. Conflict has gone on between your party and mine for too long, and I rather feel that neither of us has gained from it. Our conflict sets Macedon against itself, and we have both lost family in this war. I wish that Macedonians cease killing Macedonians and that peace be restored to Greece, and I rather think that you would welcome the freedom to return to your family home. My offer is simple: if you and your men abandon this war between us and accept the kingship of Philip and my own position, then that of your own shall be similarly respected. By this I mean to say that I shall have you appointed as governor of the Peloponnese, and further, that your family's ancestral estates shall be returned to you, and you shall be paid a pension fit for your position. Finally, your father will be formally honoured to the gods as befits his role as guardian of the royal family and regent of the king.

Of course, Alexandros, realizing the situation and the threat by Kassandros’s mighty armies, accepted the proposal. But he had one single demand. He wanted Corinth back. After Prepelaus had returned from there, he marched upon the city, and took over the command of the Macedonian garrison there, citing his new position as the Strategos of the Peloponnese. Then after his show of force he openly announced his new loyalty to Kassandros and King Philippos, sending valuable gifts to Pella, while solidifying his position in the south. Kassandros had secured his southern frontier, but Alexandros remained overtly ambitious, greatly annoying him.

Kassandros wasn’t the only one to be annoyed by the actions of the young general. Ptolemaios was furious, too. He had just sent a number of ships with goods and silver to Methone in Messenia, and now Alexandros had betrayed his camp. Ptolemaic agents and the marines staged a revolt in Methone, which quickly spread to most of Messenia. They promised freedom to the cities, and end to the tyrannical reign of Alexandros in the south. A rebel army marched upon the weakened Messene, easily overpowering the local garrison, and proceeded to put Megalopolis under siege. The furious Alexandros called upon Kassandros to help him stage a counterattack.

The Spartans, having opted to stay out of Greek matters since their defeat by Antipater at the battle of Megalopolis in 331 BCE, were now planning to make a return to the diplomatic and military fields of Greece. Indeed, the Spartan kings sent envoys both to Macedon and Egypt, inquiring about the situation, wishing to negotiate over the matter, officially in order to avoid bloodshed and threats to the Lakonians. For once, Sparta would matter, and the kings intended to take every possible advantage of the moment.

[10,000 pers. income from Kassandros to Alexandros (the estates)]
[-1,000 LI, -1,000 MI to Alexandros]
[-5,000 trade, -5,000 tribute to Alexandros due to revolt in Messenia]

Messenian rebels have:

2,000 LI, 0,500 VLI 1,000 MI, 15 triremes

((This was, again, half the turn, please send new orders regarding this ASAP))