Fallen Empires can Awaken in 1.3

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That looks as if Lances were moved to the new Size X, wich is even beyond Large.
That is correct and has actually been mentioned before. There are special X modules for Battleships only that can mount only 1 X weapon. I imagine Titans are special in that they have modules with multiple Xs.

That is correct and has actually been mentioned before. There are special X modules for Battleships only that can mount only 1 X weapon. I imagine Titans are special in that they have modules with multiple Xs.

Regular battleships can have a single spinal mount, Fallen Empire battlecruisers can have two. Titans are either going to be 4-6 spinal mounts or a single mega-mega-weapon (depends on whether we have time to do the latter).

Reactions:
Regular battleships can have a single spinal mount, Fallen Empire battlecruisers can have two. Titans are either going to be 4-6 spinal mounts or a single mega-mega-weapon (depends on whether we have time to do the latter).

Dual wave motion Guns?

Reactions:
Awsome to see the fallen empires getting some love. Always fun when the developers come up with new ways one can lose in.
(Not that it is fun to lose so much as it is fund to avoid losing, now we can do that in another way)

Yesss, this is my favorite Heinlein announcement so far!

I'd go with the former, to be honest. There's a certain special impact to leaving the Tachyon Lance the ultimate wave motion gun... and then having the Fallen Empires just be like, "oh, you've figured out Tachyon Lances? Those are great, aren't they? Yeah, we strapped a half-dozen of those mofos on this here ship. So about that colony ship you were sending towards our holy world..."

Reactions:

I feel like I need to find a, "Why not both?" Meme for this.

Because honestly, this question/development idea just begs having both! THEY NEED BOTH WIZ! 6 Spinal weapon and a MEGAWEAPON! I want to fear our new space gods! And reverse Engineer the heck out of them!

Reactions:
*Looks at the Titan's presented spec's* ... I think, it's CARRIER TIME!!!

Seriously, though, I think that Titans - as unique vessels - MUST have have their own point defenses in addition to everything they already have in that screenshot. And, those must not be the usual point-defense systems the player has natural access too, but something way beyond and from energy-weapon category. After all, lasers are said to the future's weapons against ICBMs IRL.

In the end, I think that Titans - especially if they aren't capturable - should have at least 4 XL slots, 4 L slots, 4 M slots, 8 S slots and 8 P slots. Perhaps some T slots as well for neutron torpedoes.

Onto a different subject:
Also, what will trigger reawakening? Will Fallen Empires take arms once crisis strikes? Or will that happen only against player as a crisis of its own?

Reactions:
*Looks at the Titan's presented spec's* ... I think, it's CARRIER TIME!!!

Seriously, though, I think that Titans - as unique vessels - MUST have have their own point defenses in addition to everything they already have in that screenshot. And, those must not be the usual point-defense systems the player has natural access too, but something way beyond and from energy-weapon category. After all, lasers are said to the future's weapons against ICBMs IRL.

In the end, I think that Titans - especially if they aren't capturable - should have at least 4 XL slots, 4 L slots, 4 M slots, 8 S slots and 8 P slots. Perhaps some T slots as well for neutron torpedoes.

Onto a different subject:
Also, what will trigger reawakening? Will Fallen Empires take arms once crisis strikes? Or will that happen only against player as a crisis of its own?
We will find more about Fallen or now Awaken Empires this Monday in the Dev diary!

Next DD is not about Fallen Empires, the one after that is though.

Reactions:
Yet another feature that was promised as a part of the base game that is getting in patched in months after release. What six months out?

How about releasing a finished product next time Paradox?

Reactions:
Yet another feature that was promised as a part of the base game that is getting in patched in months after release. What six months out?

How about releasing a finished product next time Paradox?

When exactly did we promise this? We *talked* about it but that's not the same as promising. I explicitly said at several points before release that it would not be in release, even.

Reactions: