• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All the World Under One Roof. there is only room for one idol in the world; Retia Adolf and Mikado don't seem to be ones to make nice when faced with "arrogant" opposition.

Go for the second option. More realistic, and after a long war, neither the japanese and Europe would like to have a war. And in case that the AI goes stupid and Germany/Italy declares you war, then better be it after some years, where you have consolidated your Empire.

I pick option #1.

In fact, why stop now? What's stopping the Emperor from accomplishing what Genghis and Kublai Khan could not

I pick option #1.

In fact, why stop now? What's stopping the Emperor from accomplishing what Genghis and Kublai Khan could not

tbh probably the 10 million man strong German Army. to a lesser extent, the million man Romanian army (seriously wtf happened with that? Horthy better be quaking in his boots)

I feel in this world, the IWW will come back in a strong way in the US and possibly elsewhere. Posadism in South America (more inspirational atomic weaponry crushing the old capitalist order), Trotskyites in the UK and former USSR; even the will of the Emperor cannot crush the spirit of the working class forever. plus a third way would be interesting.

Sadly the ultimate war predicted by Ishiwara to unite the world will never happen :( !

Actually i think the DH engine is better suited for massive conflict and not really for proxy wars, propaganda wars and economic simulation. that why i voted for scenario one.

Ah, that's Phobs artwork. Met him once, but, believe me, you won't like hios histroic style. There lies SLASH.

That is affirmative.

I consider especially Hetalia as an abomination on which only cyclonic torpedo shall be used.

Sadly the ultimate war predicted by Ishiwara to unite the world will never happen :( !

Actually i think the DH engine is better suited for massive conflict and not really for proxy wars, propaganda wars and economic simulation. that why i voted for scenario one.

I plan to handle it similarly to NWO2 mod - one side does something, reaction from another, more or less risk of world war 3.
But there's question when I'll be able to show results. Maybe Autumn, maybe Spring.

Maybe you could find a lot of event or inspiration in the fatherland mod (for cold war third reich). I wish you good luck with all the writting and the modding stuff !

No lying there, I'll re-use a lot of events from probably, like, three mods, to make it faster.

So, one more chapter there as epilogue, and perhaps in October, perhaps in next year, who knows, you can wait for 'The Tale of Two Empires'.

No lying there, I'll re-use a lot of events from probably, like, three mods, to make it faster.

So, one more chapter there as epilogue, and perhaps in October, perhaps in next year, who knows, you can wait for 'The Tale of Two Empires'.

That sounds awesome, I look forward to seeing the next chapter and the epilog as well. Keep up the awesome work.

QCbDG1Q.jpg

"In history, there are lots of countries who after winning a war, completely collapsed. On the contrary, there are lot of losing countries that have thrived afterwards. I have long been advocating the conclusion of the entire war, not because I am afraid of the any enemy's attacks or because of the atomic bombs or the later American participation in the war. The most important reason is my concern over the domestic situation. Concerns, I know we all share."

- Mitsumasa Yonai, head of the Japanese delegation, during his opening speech, Tehran Conference, 1950

No one really knew for sure, what precisely led the Emperor to extensively use more moderate position, returning to the old Tripartite ties, when the news of the prepared Axis conference received attention in Japanese newspapers: perhaps growing communist activity in China, left alone since the end of 'China Incident', Indians facing very real threat of the civil war and serious food shortages or economic demands of newly acquired territories in the Pacific. Perhaps all of them combined. Necessary to say, other members of the Tripartite Pact were in no better shape: Germany had most ambitious plans for both colonization and economic development, including truly insane demographic and reconstruction demands, barely plausible in many cases. Italy gained Atlantic ports, Suez, large parts of African continent and ancient lands of Mesopotamia and Levant, and also all the social troubles happening in these lands, although rich in the oil production.

L7dM7bj.jpg

The men leading the Tripartite delegations: Giacomo Acerbo, Mitsumasa Yonai and Konstantin von Neurath. Their characters very much reflected contemporary political sentiments in the each country: Acerbo, an economist, was the leading figure of Mediterranianist movement in the Fascist Party, who staunchly opposed Nazi nordicism and racial theories. Yonai, Admiral of the Imperial Japanese Navy and former Prime Minister, was only few years ago target of several assassination attempts, due to his very moderate opinions and calls for peaceful settlement in Asia. Neurath, former German foreign minister and Reichsprotektor of Bohemia and Moravia, returned from involuntary retirement, as it was felt that Ribbentrop's presence, would now only damaged Germany's interests.
There was also an option that leaders would met directly in Tehran, of course: but this was fervently rejected by the Axis governments: Hitler, in contrast of his pre-war public appearences, rarely left Neue Reichskanzlei or the Berghof and despite few of the extremely secret trips, the idea of the Emperor of Japan leaving the Home Islands to just haggle over lands and money, as some lowly merchant on market, seemed wrong in many ways.

VRSfpVf.jpg

The Melli Bank, Tehran, centre of foreign commerce, where the Conference took place. First topic, naturally, was the question of the lands under control of the Italian military, which was also the case of Iran in 1950 still, although Shah's government was recognized by the Tripartite countries.

twJwCgs.png

The Indian Ocean was declared as 'open to all the recognized powers', in practice implemented by shared control of the local bases by the warships of Regia Marina, Kriesgmarine and the Dai Nippon Teikoku.

435Ixgy.jpg

Italy, more than other two powers, desired peace and stability in the region, as the fragile Kingdom's economy barely maintained price of goods low enough to ensure steady pace of colonial projects. Thoroughly unprepared for the war in 1940 and destruction of it's forces in Libya by the British also caused political havoc amidst population, still visible.

tARrDxO.png

The Italian government used this opportunity to announce 'full sovereignty' over 'Italian zones of influence'. Which meant quite a few changes on the map. Often marginalized importance of the least powerful member of the Tripartite Pact will prove to be decisive in the post-war geopolitics, especially after finding of oil deposits in Libya in late 1950s.

jOMwsxm.jpg

The country also gained surprising, almost predominant position in the Iran, which would be otherwise loyal German ally. 'The Land of the Aryans' was in the middle of ambitious modernisation of the economy and the armed forces, supported by various German companies, when the Soviet-British invasion started. Fierce resistance from the 'ancient Aryans' impressed Germans even more to encourage flow of other investments, not only to oil and gas industry, where soon dominated I.G. Farbenindustrie AG.

Yt81072.png

Now it was time to make consessions on the side of Japan: the Central Asia was put under German influence, while Bose's India was declared as 'neutral country', no longer a Co-Prosperity Sphere's member.
Germans also announced their plan to create state of 'Muscovy' as the buffer between the Reich, and the Japanese-dominated Siberian state. And also as a place where to 'deport the criminals'.

yXSENuj.png

Germans, on the other hand, offered mostly gestures, not actual concessions, as was dissolution of Reichskomissariat Norwegen, replaced by State of Norway - not a monarchy again, as no member of royal family collaborated with Germans, and rather remained in exile.

22O43iy.png

The dream of 'Greater Germanic Reich' was very much alive and ideologically legitimised recently also by the various Waffen SS divisions and legions, but in reality, only small portions of population in Norway, Denmark or Sweden supported such an idea, and German military had to contain resistance in Scandinavia by the entire army groups.

d8LaLXn.png

Ceding Portuguese possessions in Asia, the last remnants of Western colonial power in the Asia, was also an easy deal for Germans: although maintaining friendly relations with Salazar's government during the war, the ambivalent foreign policy of the oldest British ally made Germans and Italians less than interested in defending their tiny, unimportant ports, which could be took by the Japanese at any times, perhaps literally in minutes.
The Portuguese government was informed of the decision only after it was sanctioned and confirmed by the all three Tripartite powers.

FYomIg8.jpg

After the land disputes were settled, the question of demobilization took place. No effort was made towards actual limits in naval construction, as the nuclear weapons and struggle to keep the gains the war were considered sufficient. Not mentioning the lessons from Pacific War, that numerical superiority means nothing against combination of state-of-the-art training, morale and technology in the same time.
Nevertheless, many ships were scrapped or turned into war museums, such as most famous IJN's carrier, the Kaga.

hd7WdiG.png

The question of 'rogue British state', as was officially called now, appeared as the most troubled one. Although Germans knew very well that it's part of Japanese geopolitical scheme to prevent Reich from gaining more resources, they also saw an opportunity: to strip North America from industrial machines and everything valuable, especially the manpower, now desperately needed for Generalplan Ost.
Not that Germans could do anything in the Atlantic, anyway: even though many American ships captured by the Royal Navy were a little more than scrap metal with skeleton crews, it was still an impressive force, much more so with British now possessing everything needed for nuclear weapons, when they raided Oak Ridge facility. Admiral Raeder plainly refused to sent few German carriers and battleships to make suicidal charge against frozen Labrador.

EddFWcp.png

In the final declaration, the so called 'Confederate States' and 'United Kingdom of Canada and New England' were forced to pay heavy reparations, but mostly in resources, such as oil or cotton. Or, in the British case, 24 former U.S. aircraft carriers and 8 battleships of the latest designs, shared by all three navies.
Conditions in the ruined, destroyed United States, forced to pay the price of war now longer, inevitably caused 'The Great Return' of millions to the Europe, while millions left German-occupied Britain to follow their Queen, and also their family members, which in turn soon left Britain just as depopulated as Japanese occupation zone in America.

Gny5kGe.jpg

During this time, the transfer of captured U.S. gold deposits to the Japan was finished, and 'fair share' was sent to Germany and Italy, as the last gesture of will for 'peaceful co-existence'.

cqT3Sbi.png

Then, as delegations left Tehran, it was no longer felt necessary by Japan to pretend anything anymore. The world was divided amongst the victors. But it is more a peace, or an armistice? Time will tell...

Last edited: