• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vukica

Field Marshal
53 Badges
Jul 29, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
FAQ

Q: Is CK2+ EU4 Converter Compatible?

A: It should be unless there are problems on the Paradox side. Currently not.

Q: Is CK2+ Compatible with HIP?
A: No. CK2+ and the Historical Immersion Project are two separate overhaul mods that change a lot of the same things in different ways. We are not compatible with each other and can never be.

Q: What's the deal with weird version numbers?
A: First number is major version. Plus is right now at version 4. We won't be changing this number unless *MAJOR* changes happen. Second number is used to show savegame compatibility. 4.06 is not save compatible with 4.05, but it is save compatible with all 4.06 versions. Last number is simply incremented for each save compatible release. Sometimes we also add a letter to the end if there were only a couple of changes (e.g. 4.05.4d)

Q: Is CK2+ Compatible with *insert mod here*?
A: Probably not, but you would have to ask the creators of the other mod. CK2+ is too large for us to attempt to maintain compatibility with other specific mods. They have to attempt to maintain compatibility with us if they wish to.

Q: Which DLCs do I need to run this?
A: None. Not a single one.

Q: Why can't I matrilineally marry [insert situation]?
A: Both you and the target's liege must have at least Agnatic-Cognatic gender laws to matrilineally marry. If one or both parties are Agnatic it is not possible.

Q: Why does CK2+ run so slowly on my machine?
A: We’ve optimized CK2+ events as much as we can, but be aware that all the additional events and systems comes at a cost—and that cost is extra processing demands on your computer. If you are running CK2+ on a lower-end machine, it’s going to chug, and it’s going to run more slowly than vanilla no matter what system you use.

Q: Can I play CK2+ multiplayer?
A: Yes, but you must ensure that all players are using the version of the mod and have the same DLC’s activated. Be aware that CK2+ is pretty heavy on the processing requirements, so multiplayer may make it run even more slowly.

Q: Is there supposed to only be two de jure Empires?
A: Yes. There are dozens of different titular empires to form instead. You can enable vanilla de jure Empires with a game rule.

Q: Why isn't the option to fabricate claims available?
A: You need to have at least 0 prestige and not be in debt to fabricate claims.

Q: Why don't get I get Kingdom de jure claims?
A: You need Medium or higher Crown Authority to press Kingdom or Empire de jure claims. You can, however, subjugate lower-tier rulers who have titles which are de jure vassals of your own, regardless of your Crown Authority.

Q: Why can't I declare Holy Wars?
A: Holy Wars have piety cost to declare, and then an increased piety cost if you try to declare another within 5 years of the last (unless the target is a Holy Site for your religion or you get approval from your religion head).

Q: Flags are all messed up or black, what do I do?
A: Delete directory Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/gfx/flags, then reload the game.

Q: Why isn't this mod on workshop?
A:
Rylock said:
We don't want to deal with having to maintain two forums at once, and many of the folks who use the Workshop simply refuse to come to the forums (or can't, which isn't really our problem) and try to report issues there, with the expectation that their posts will be read and responded to...and it really isn't a good platform for addressing bug reports at all. The Workshop's method of automatic updating has also caused us a lot of headaches (especially when an update is incompatible with previous saves), which we'd rather not deal with.

Q: My checksum is wrong, how do I correct it?
A: Follow installation instructions, mainly the part about deleting ALL old mod files. Do not use other mods.

Q: I'm trying to create a custom kingdom/Empire, but the decision tooltip says: "(X) My Primary Title is permitted to be the base for a custom empire"
A: That means that higher tier title of your primary title already exists (e.g. Kingdom of Poland and Empire of Poland). You should either switch your primary title, or create the already existing title (Conditions can be found with title search).

Q: What are your plans for [InsertFutureDLCName] DLC? When will you release a patch for it?
A: When it's done. Could be anything between a day and a month. Plan is to get it to work, then we'll see. Please don't ask this.

Q: I'm a tribal, why can't I revoke titles?
A: You have to be feudal, and you have to enact laws for it. Tribals do not get "Revoke Title"!

Q: The plague/random_epidemic_disease is ruining my game!!!
A: In case of a major epidemic seclusion is the only real way of protection. Alternatively, you configure the epidemics in the game rules. You can also try to become immortal.

Q: Why am I not getting Patriarchate of Whatever?
A: Your religion only has three Patriarchs because it only has three Petrine Sees. Look at religion description tooltip.

Q: Why can't I, as a pagan, subjugate other pagans?
A: You can only subjugate pagans in your de jure kingdom. Without the "Become a King" ambition you can do this only once in a lifetime. However, pagans have a county conquest CB on other pagans.

Q: Why can't I join Lucifer's Own/insert religion relevant devil worshippers?
In order to join Lucifer's Own, and most other devil societies, you must have the rule enabled and meet the following criteria.
Have at least one of these traits:
  • cynical
  • bad priest
  • hedonist
  • lustful
  • cannibal
  • impaler
  • drunkard
  • possessed
  • lunatic
And at least one of these:
  • lustful
  • gluttonous
  • greedy
  • slothful
  • wroth
  • envious
  • proud
  • possessed
  • lunatic
Note that possessed and lunatic are in both blocks, so just being one of those two suffices alone otherwise you need one of something from each list.

Q: Why can't I join a secret religious society?
A: There are no secret religious societies in Plus. You still have access to all of the mechanics of a secret religion.

Q: What happened to the India submod?
A: India is now included in the main mod. Long story short, it caused some bugs, and it wasn't really that big of a performance gain to justify maintaining a separate map mod.

Last edited:
From the old thread.

By the way, what's the current use for Siculo-Arab and Siculo-Greek?
I don't see any of the provinces changing to that. Is it currently used at all?

Also, why does Southern Italy become "Italian" and then "Sicilian" ? Is it an abstraction of Southern Italy developing it's own culture that's decisively different from the rest of Italy?

From the old thread.

By the way, what's the current use for Siculo-Arab and Siculo-Greek?
I don't see any of the provinces changing to that. Is it currently used at all?

Also, why does Southern Italy become "Italian" and then "Sicilian" ? Is it an abstraction of Southern Italy developing it's own culture that's decisively different from the rest of Italy?

1) Look at CK2Plus/events/CK2Plus_melting_pot_events.txt Both sicilian cultures should be there.

2) I really don't know, but you are probably right.

1) Look at CK2Plus/events/CK2Plus_melting_pot_events.txt Both sicilian cultures should be there.

2) I really don't know, but you are probably right.

Ah, so it's more of a melting-pot, not seeing actual usage.
I've taken it to using them in my Italy submod, as historically, between the 9th and 11th century, in Sicily there was an actual Siculo-Arab language, used even by the Norman monarchs. As Sicily was very multi-religious and multi-cultural, it makes more sense then having it "Berber".
It fell in disuse in Sicily during the 12th century, but in Malta it evolved in what's now the Maltese language.

Thanks for the response.

can i edit my save file to fix it?

i am having a npp plugin compare two save files that were close in time to each other, one with working family tree and when it broke but it has been running for over an hour cause the files are huge hehe

If it happened during the game, then it's probably vanilla.

This happens in plus on start for some dynasties.

Can Kemetic religion characters stay Sahidic culture without being promped to convert to Egyptian culture? Just from the little bit ive read, it seems that Sahidic culture is somewhat closer to the original Kemetic culture.

Can Kemetic religion characters stay Sahidic culture without being promped to convert to Egyptian culture? Just from the little bit ive read, it seems that Sahidic culture is somewhat closer to the original Kemetic culture.

I have this in the upcoming changelog:
  • Sahidic(Coptic) culture can now appear also for Kemetic pagans.
I think this means Coptic melting pot will happen for Kemetic religion. Is that what you want?

EDIT: for anyone wondering, our current changelog has 84 items. ;)

Last edited:
Small oddity I recently noticed, I apologize in advance if this is just me being ignorant:
For some reason, my Welsh Chalcedonian king of Wales has the option to found the HRE visible in his intrigue menu, but the also Chalcedonian AI-controlled King of Neustria/Austrasia/Saxony/Frisia does not (checked via console character switch), even though he would fulfill all the conditions. What are the requirements for that decision to show up in the first place?

Is he a Karling?

Ooh, of course - I did not consider that. Makes sense. I suppose Project Dekarlingization is on, then!

Thanks!

I don't know. It somehow seems ridiculous to me that you can reduce the power of greater nobility within your realm only if you are an emperor. Why can't a king be like a late French monarch, relying mostly on bureaucracy rather than feudal fiefs to rule his kingdom?

That's why we have Crown Authority.
Imperial government in Plus isn't exatly a bureaucracy. It's still a feudal system, only in some cases you get to deny a title and walk away without tyranny.

Hi guys. Playing as Byzantium I kept asking myself why the retinues had seen so much a change. There's no answer on the CK2+ forums, I searched for 45 minutes.

One guy asked this very same question 2 years ago, but he got no answer :

New to Ck2+ and really impressed, but I cannot see the rationale for the mod revision of the retinue composition. For instance, Byzantine "Cataphracts" count 100HC + 200LC, while ST (horse archers) are associated to HI ! And no pikemen ! Can you elaborate ? Is there any quick method to restore the original stats ?

Thank you in advance for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.