• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

frank2368

Corporal
6 Badges
Sep 25, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
One line summary of your issue
AI doesn't raid

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
Jade Dragon,
Monks & Mystics,
The Reapers Due,
Conclave,
Horse Lords,
Way of Life,
Charlemagne,
Rajas of India,
Sons of Abraham,
The Old Gods,
The Republic,
Legacy of Rome,
Sword of Islam,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
AI simply never does raiding anymore.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Start in 867 and observe. The norse AI will never raid.

Upload Attachment

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can verify this problem exist. 2.8.2.1 (SAHQ)

I'm at year 860 in a Norse Viking play trough. ( 769 start ) Although it's been nearly 70 years since the start of Viking age, I haven't seen a single of my fellow landed Norsemen doing any raiding.
Hosts are able to raid and siege holdings as long as they are in host form. Once they capture a province and settle, they no longer raid.

And to clarify.

Game setting is set to historical for raiding behaviour.
The majority of npc Vikings are still tribal and so are their lieges.
They have ships and troops available. ( and will happily use both for war )
I as player have no problem raiding.

I have been having this issue as well. I am dismayed that this problem has not received the attention it deserves. It completely deprives 867 starts of their era-specific flavour.

Hi the issues is now in our bug reports system.
Thanks for the report

Is this being prioritised?

This is a major feature that suddenly is completely broken - you would think it warrants a hotfix of its own.

Since it's quite important do you believe we could have a hotfix before the next DLC's release ?
It's really disappointing we haven't one during the whole summer.

Cheers.

Rest assured that this has been fixed in our internal builds since it was added to our bugtracker.

How about your external builds? I have stopped playing ck2 for three months - the longest I have gone since it’s release - because of this issue. I’m sure I’m not the only one...

How about your external builds? I have stopped playing ck2 for three months - the longest I have gone since it’s release - because of this issue. I’m sure I’m not the only one...

It will take 10 minutes to upload a small hotfix for this. Literally a trivial thing for the Devs but quite important for the paid customers who clearly paid for a fully functional game. Not a game which gets broken every time a DLC comes out.

Same here. The problem is most people don't know about it, or, if so, they don't care since all it does is penalize the AI and they don't want the added challenge anyways.

But that this literally game breaking bug has been fixed for months and not released is a customer service failure of the largest magnitude.

A random paid or unpaid guy disagrees with our posts. Yep let's silence every person who speaks his mind and telling the truth.
How nice. I really hope the disagree reactions aren't from a Dev. It would be quite the disappointment for all of us who supporting the company the last decade.

Last edited:
For the love of God this issue is game-breaking for the early start dates. Since you have fixed it already, could we have a hotfix or an official answer explaining WHY we can't have it after 3.5 months ? o_O

@Divine could you please give us a hand with this ? I'm sure many people will appreciate it.

Many thanks!

For the love of God this issue is game-breaking for the early start dates. Since you have fixed it already, could we have a hotfix or an official answer explaining WHY we can't have it after 3.5 months ? o_O

@Divine could you please give us a hand with this ? I'm sure many people will appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Completely agree. I've been waiting patiently for months for this bug to be fixed, and was already disappointed when it wasn't in 2.8.2.2. Raiding isn't a small feature, and the botched AI is really ruining my enjoyment of the game. I'm guessing we're going to have to wait for the release of Holy Fury, and who knows when that's going to release. I think it's time to release another patch Paradox, especially after you've stated you've fixed the problem in internal builds. I hate to be rude, but this is getting ridiculous, especially considering the amount of money I've poured into unit packs and songs to support this game.

The raid-fix will be part of the Holy Fury™ DLC for only 19.99€, date TBA

I see you point but that would be totally unacceptable, even unethical so I don't believe Paradox will do that. I'm really surprised as to why they're ignoring us for so long though. We're starting to think they're doing it on purpose.

Again @Divine @Guntrigger @Wokeg or any other Dev-Mod, will you help us please, or we're asking too much ?

Last edited:
We don't really know. They say it is, but have you seen any hotfix all that time ? An official answer would be nice, but maybe we're asking too much. It's quite the disappointment. I guess no pre order for the next DLC and I'm seriously thinking not to buy it at ll. After all these yrs the Company's support is seriously flawed.

We've heard your discussions about the issue and are currently investigating if we can do something about it ahead of the scheduled timeline.

@Divine
Thanks for you reply. I appreciate it.
After almost 4 months though, you (not personally you ofc) should have done something already. NOT still thinking about it. A quickfix isn't something new to Paradox. They have done it thousands of times. That's why I'm socked from all this silence and inactivity.

Cheers and thanks again for your concern.