Been a long time since I played this game, is corruption still in the game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you define "this"? I don't know what you are referring to. Things like corruption from territories, other sources of corruption and the name corruption were mentioned, so which one is being changed?
The previous dev diary specifically mentioned corruption from territories.

Does your phrasing here imply that there will be another small update prior to the European patch, or just bug fixing stuff?

no, the next update is when we do the new expansion next year.

Can you define "this"? I don't know what you are referring to. Things like corruption from territories, other sources of corruption and the name corruption were mentioned, so which one is being changed?

Corruption from territories.

Have you guys considered removing it completely? It is possibly the worst mechanic that has ever been introduced to EU4

yes, it will be removed.

What’s this? A dev that communicates? Am I dreaming?
No more corruption of territories, nice. I’m looking forward to seeing what other corrections will be made (like to GC and Missionaries)

What’s this? A dev that communicates? Am I dreaming?
No more corruption of territories, nice. I’m looking forward to seeing what other corrections will be made (like to GC and Missionaries)
Well they are communicating ^^ they just say often what we don't like to hear. DDRJake some time ago said that he was aware of complaints but corruption was there to stay for a while. So not that they did not communicate. Took quite a while for lots of people to catch up to understand how bad this change was.

Great news in any case.

yes, it will be removed.
I basically never log-in but I had to make a comment about this...I nearly cried tears of joy reading this. Yes, literally. Corruption from territories is such a horrible mechanic and is one of the two that ruined EUIV for me and made me stop playing. The other mechanic is the cost of religious conversions, it's beyond insane now. Preferably revert it or at least cap the monthly cost to like 2 or 3 ducats per missionary. It's beyond brutal sometimes.

Needless to say I'm actually hopefully about EUIV's future once again. Welcome back Johan.