• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder why.... You did suggest I include an event like that, so there it is. It just has the weird twist of being a New World nation doing it to a European one. :D
I know, I just couldn't resist pointing out the obvious.:D

Reactions:
I have FINALLY caught up after a long break from the forums and I have to say this is perhaps my favourite ever AAR. I loved all of it, including the insanity and the interfering in the world order. I am also especially proud of Naples but most of all Nova Hispania, a nation which I named, which has gone far enough so as to take Hispanic proper. I am also very much enjoying the post 1821 stuff.

In short, well done.

Reactions:
I have FINALLY caught up after a long break from the forums and I have to say this is perhaps my favourite ever AAR. I loved all of it, including the insanity and the interfering in the world order. I am also especially proud of Naples but most of all Nova Hispania, a nation which I named, which has gone far enough so as to take Hispanic proper. I am also very much enjoying the post 1821 stuff.

In short, well done.

Good that you've made it back right for the end. You should be proud of Nova Hispania. It's done quite well for itself. :)

Good that you've made it back right for the end. You should be proud of Nova Hispania. It's done quite well for itself. :)

I'm a little disappointed that my awesome Austria speech went down the drain though. Oh well.

It's clear to see that Saxony is attempting to form Germany. Perhaps Prussia will resist them?

It seems that France is more powerful now than before the revolution. Italy has suffered a lot with its losses though. WIll France and Italy try to reclaim said land from Greece and Romania?

I would like to see the colonies establish a presence in Europe. The irony .

Also the "Most Resilient State Of The Game" reward goes to...

Lithuania and the Teutons!

The Teutons are stronger than ever even after losing again and again, and Lithuania is now a middle power after being wrecked by Russia.

The "Really Peaceful" award goes to Jadida Al Granada! Have they ever been at war?

Make up others and let's see who wins!

Reactions:
I'm a little disappointed that my awesome Austria speech went down the drain though. Oh well.

It's clear to see that Saxony is attempting to form Germany. Perhaps Prussia will resist them?

It seems that France is more powerful now than before the revolution. Italy has suffered a lot with its losses though. WIll France and Italy try to reclaim said land from Greece and Romania?

I would like to see the colonies establish a presence in Europe. The irony .

Also the "Most Resilient State Of The Game" reward goes to...

Lithuania and the Teutons!

The Teutons are stronger than ever even after losing again and again, and Lithuania is now a middle power after being wrecked by Russia.

The "Really Peaceful" award goes to Jadida Al Granada! Have they ever been at war?

Make up others and let's see who wins!

What, Saxony forming Germany? Perish the thought. :D

Let's just say that Italy's losses in the Balkans will not be fixed because they make for excellent world war material. ;)

I actually considered making awards for random nations, but I couldn't think of any. Maybe people should suggest some and we'd pick the nations that deserve them. :)

North American Colonial Wars – 1870s

The 1870s saw several minor colonial wars in North America as colonial nations, both former and current, expanded their domain. In the north, Canada marched on Pawnee, an insignificant native nation with no friends and with a miniscule army. This was yet another push to the west by the former Spanish colony. Portuguese Mexico, in an attempt to clean its borders, attacked the puny English Columbia, who had already been reduced to a single province. Before England could intervene in the war, Portuguese Mexico had already annexed the colonial nation.

Mexico was perhaps the most extensive in their expansion. Within a decade, they managed to attack three separate nations and win easily. The first of the targets was Aztec. They had been picked apart by the Europeans for years until they had been reduced to a minor state with no power. Mexico merely finished off the job and eliminated them once and for all. Next was Pima, who put up more of a fight. Pima had sprawling stretches of land that they defended with cavalry. Mexico had far more men and artillery though, and horses weren’t as effective with cannonballs flying at them. Within a year or two, Pima was forced under Mexican control. The final nation to feel the bite of Mexican steel was Illiniwek. There had been a border dispute between them and the Louisianan provinces. Mexico decided to fix this with war. They marched into the disputed territory and occupied the provinces. Not wanting to face the full might of the Mexican war machine, Illiniwek handed over the provinces to avoid an escalated conflict. This would be the last of the colonial wars in the 1870s.

Scramble for Africa – 1870s

Many European nations had grabbed land in Africa over the centuries, mostly to take advantage of the trade routes or as a rest stop for ships on the way to Asia or the New World. Some of the colonies were more extensive than others, such as Portugal’s colonies in South Africa, but extensive colonization had never been attempted. However, by the 1800s many of the New World nations, in an attempt to mimic European imperialism, had taken land from African nations. They had slowly been claiming more land in Africa, both from the natives and Europeans. By the 1870s, many within these countries began to talk of the full advantage of these colonies. With large holdings in Africa, they could tap into foreign trade and acquire resources not available in the New World. Europeans had colonized the New World for similar reasons, so why could they not do the same with Africa?

Haiti was the first to launch an African war in the 1870s. They attacked Jolof, a breakaway state of Mali. The African country controlled the coastline between two Haitian provinces, a perfect target. They also had no allies and had never taken advantage of western technology and weaponry. The Haitian army easily conquered the country. Guns far outmatched spears.

Nova Hispania was the next to expand its African holdings. It had already taken land from Spain in East Africa right on the border with Kilwa. Kilwa was known to have large gold reserves, something the Nova Hispanics could make use of. War was declared and Nova Hispania’s army ran up the coast. Kilwa’s territory was quite narrow, since they had mostly settled along the shores. The Nova Hispanic navy bombarded the Kilwans from sea, devastating their villages. With inferior weapons incapable of being used to fend off the Nova Hispanics, they had no choice but to capitulate and accept annexation.

Brazil was the third New World nation with colonial holdings in Africa. They had already expanded at the expense of Benin and Denmark and would do so again with the former. Benin, much like last time, could do little to fend off a Brazilian attack. It did not help that Mali took advantage of their war with Brazil to launch a surprise raid and take their two northern provinces. Kongo also jumped on them and took their isolated coastal provinces. With all their neighbours attacking them, Benin was easily overwhelmed and did not survive the decade.

While the New World nations dabbled in colonialism, the African nations of the interior spread out. Both Mali and Hausa had recently adopted western ideas and technology, allowing them to take advantage of their uncivilized neighbours. Mali claimed land from several minor tribes on their southeast border, stopping their expansion only once they neared Brazilian land. Hausa also spread out a bit, linking its territory to Ethiopia’s and spreading south until they ran into Kongo.

Colonization by the New World nations did not end there. Haiti wanted to expand further into the interior, lured by rumours of gold. They demanded land from Mali, who of course refused. Haiti declared war and marched into the African interior. Mali may have been using western weaponry, but theirs were outdated compared to Haiti. Haiti also had far better soldiers who knew European tactics. Haiti made many gains early in the campaign, but lost their momentum as the deadly terrain of the interior took its toll. The Haitians were not familiar with the dry deserts and savannahs of Africa and found themselves outmanoeuvred by the Malians. Unable to hold onto any land they claimed, they soon fell back towards the coast and took what land they could claim. The African interior of Mali would have to remain untouched for now.

Brazil’s African expansion wouldn’t end with Benin. Unlike Haiti, Brazil was not interested in expanding further into the interior. They instead wanted more coastline, since they had trouble accessing the territory recently conquered from Benin with what they already had. That meant war with Kongo. Just like Mali and Hausa, Kongo had adopted western weapons and ideas. That mattered little to Brazil. They attacked nonetheless and pushed eastwards. Kongo was not expecting an attack and didn’t have much of a defence prepared for its northwestern provinces. It was forced to retreat east of the Niger River where it could defend the riverbank from attack. This defence proved effective, since the Brazilians faced much difficult trying to cross the river. It meant little to them in the end, since they had already occupied the land they wanted. Having beaten Kongo handily enough, they took all their land west of the Niger as their own. Thus the Scramble for Africa in the 1870s came to an end.

The Fall of Norway & England – 1870s

Norway and England had been in decline for many years, especially after the Scandinavian Unification War, but the war waged against them by the South American nations had been the real nail in the coffin. Their existence since then was minor and temporary. Soon the vultures circled in to peel the remaining meat off the carcass.

With Norway reduced to a single province in West Africa and a divided colonial nation in North America, they were especially vulnerable to attack. Having three nations attack them at once did not help the matter. Cree was the first to take advantage of Norway’s weakness to go after their colonies. New Norway held land Cree coveted and now their overlord was in no condition to protect them. Cree easily captured their provinces, taking them for their own. England came to their ally’s defence, which only put their sole remaining North American province in jeopardy. Cree took that as well. Not wanting to miss out on the fun, Chickasaw attacked New Norway too and took their province in the Gulf of Mexico. Kongo also took the chance to attack Norway for its single African province. In a few short years and three separate wars, Norway was no more.

England’s fate would be decided by Brazil. Brazil had been quite irritated that it had been unable to claim all of England in the joint South American war against them over a decade before. This time they intended to finish off the job. In coordination with the League of South American Nations, Brazil arranged for another joint war on England. With the help of Colombia, Inca, Nova Hispania, and La Plata, England could do little as the rest of South America rolled into their land. With a combined army of over 100,000 men, England’s army was devastated early on and a defence could not be managed. Brazil claimed England’s land as its own, removing the exiled nation from the world once and for all.

Tibetan & Nepali Revolts – 1872-1873

The Tibetan people had been conquered by Hindustan roughly a century ago, a bitter moment for the people. They had not forgotten that event and resented their overlord. Hindustan enjoyed its reputation as protector of the Indian people. Unfortunately, the Tibetans did not fall under that category, since they lived in and beyond the Himalayas. They were constantly exploited by the Hindustanis who saw themselves as superior. Thus it was not entirely unexpected when the Tibetan people rose up in revolt in 1872.

The Hindustani army was one of the biggest in the world, but the Tibetans better knew the land than their oppressor. They used the mountainous terrain to their advantage, making an attrition nightmare for the forces assigned to put down the rebellion. The Tibetan rebels hid out in the mountains and launched night raids on the army’s encampment before disappearing. Whenever a hideout was rooted out, another sprung up somewhere else. Some claimed that Ming was funding their efforts, since the Chinese had been especially bitter when Hindustan had tricked Ming into joining a war so that Hindustan could sneakily annex the Ming protectorate. There was little to back this claim, especially since Ming was not in the best shape to afford funding such an effort.

By 1873, the Hindustani army had lost nearly 50,000 men to attrition in the mountains and to attacks by the Tibetans. In one instance, the Tibetan rebels caused an avalanche that buried an army of 20,000 Hindustani soldiers. Hindustan could not keep this up indefinitely.

The situation worsened when Nepali Nationalists rose up, trying to take advantage of the rebellion by the Tibetans to obtain freedom. Like the Tibetans, they were able to use the mountains to their advantage. Hindustan threw many men’s lives away to crush these rebellions. They were finally quashed at the end of 1873, but at a terrible price. Estimates put the death toll of the Hindustani forces anywhere from 70,000 to 100,000 men. The rebel forces were roughly a fifth that size, although Hindustan did finally manage to root them all out and eliminate them. It would take time to see if it was all worth it.

Unfortunately I haven't time to read it all through these days, but I had a look at the maps and those clean borders are amazingly satisfying :cool:. Can't wait to see the final 1900 World map !

Reactions:
Unfortunately I haven't time to read it all through these days, but I had a look at the maps and those clean borders are amazingly satisfying :cool:. Can't wait to see the final 1900 World map !

The daily updates must be making it especially tough to catch up. I certainly hope people will be pleased with the 1900 map. :)

Mewar Conquest of Kathiawar – 1874-1879

Mewar, Persia, Kazakh, Berar
vs
Kathiawar, Hindustan

Relations between Mewar and Kathiawar had always been quite rocky. The two had gone to war on several occasions over their borders, with Mewar trying to connect to its isolated southern provinces and Kathiawar trying to take the entire coastline. Neither could come out on top because of Hindustan. The defender of India would always crush the aggressor to restore balance. However, the Tibetan & Nepali Rebellions had left Hindustan in a fragile state and Mewar was tired of Kathiawar’s existence. The nation needed to be eliminated for Mewar to truly prosper. Hindustan would just have to deal with that.

When Mewar declared war, there was a moment of nervousness waiting for Hindustan’s response. Some wondered if they would still come to Kathiawar’s defence. Hindustan was not one to abandon their duty though and joined the war against Mewar. Berar, on the other hand, had accepted Mewar’s call to arms. They were no friend of Kathiawar and were willing to help, even if it meant war with Hindustan.

Mewar’s army launched an offensive on Kathiawar immediately after the war declaration. The Indian nation was not completely unprepared, since they had always been wary of Mewar. They had several forts built up along the border that Mewar would have to siege to move farther into their land. This also gave Kathiawar the opportunity to attack and occupy the isolated provinces Mewar held in the south. Berar did try to intervene, but was outmatched by Kathiawar’s army.

Mewar was unable to capture the forts defending Kathiawar’s northern provinces before Hindustan marched into their land. Part of Mewar’s army had to be split off from the sieges to defend their homeland. Berar provided back-up, but they also had to protect their own land. Hindustan showed little interest in invading Berar though, recognizing Mewar as the primary threat. While they had usually been able to push aside Mewar’s army with sheer numbers before, their numbers were drained after the revolts in their lands. Mewar had also grown considerably in size since their last conflict and could match their numbers. As Persian reinforcements arrived from the west, Hindustan found itself losing ground. Unlike Mewar, Hindustan did not have an ally to back them up.

As Hindustan was pushed back to their border by the combined Mewari-Persian defence, the Kathiawar forts began to fall. Kathiawar tried to lift the sieges, but this emptied men out of the south and allowed for Berar to reclaim Mewar’s southern provinces. This was only temporary as Hindustan tested Berar’s borders. Regardless, Mewar was making progress as they pushed further south.

Hindustan had been able to halt their retreat at the border, but Mewar planned a special joint attack in the north. A Mewari army invaded Hindustani Nepal, which had already been devastated by the earlier rebellions. With the help of Kazakh, an invasion of Tibet was launched as well. With most of the population discontent in these regions, the Mewari were easily able to gain their assistance in the invasion. Hindustan soon found its northern provinces threatened. They tried to pull men up there to defend the land, but that weakened the main front and allowed for a breakthrough there. Soon the Mewari and Persian armies were pushing over the Hindustani border.

Kathiawar was not doing so well either. Their forts had fallen one by one and Mewar had almost reached the coastline. Without Hindustan’s assistance, they could not hold out. In a surprise attack, Mewar sent troops in around through Berar to hit Kathiawar’s army in the flank, decimating their forces. The Kathiawar army was in disarray and the entire country occupied soon after. Now Hindustan had to be dealt with.

It did not take much to convince Hindustan that the war should end. It was clear that they were on the losing side and their army was dwindling. As much as they hated the fact, they could not save Kathiawar. The one consolation was that both Mewar and Berar did not begrudge Hindustan for their role in the war. Both offered Hindustan fair peace terms. Mewar, as the war leader, demanded that Hindustan recognize the annexation of Kathiawar. They also wanted Hindustan’s Nepali provinces, although Hindustan was not entirely disappointed to lose them after the recent rebellion. In a sign of good faith to show that they wanted to normalize relations afterwards, Mewar offered Hindustan the province of Jaunpur, a welcome gift. Berar also did not want to stay on Hindustan’s bad side. Instead of demanding provinces, they asked for a trade. They wanted Upper Berar, a core province of theirs, and in exchange they would give Hindustan their southwest province. Hindustan was quite glad to accept both these peace offers. While it had lost, Hindustan did its best to work towards maintaining peace with its fellow Indian nations. Now more than ever it knew it was necessary, since its position as the dominant Indian power was no longer certain.

Prussian-Polish War – 1875-1878

Prussia
vs
Poland​

Prussia had yet to make a name for itself after its reforms. While it had taken land from Magdeburg, it had done so by taking advantage of that nation’s domestic troubles. It had not been a true military campaign. Now Prussia was eyeing up the province of Chelmo, which belonged to Poland. As the Teutonic Order, the Prussians had waged many wars with the Polish and not always in their favour. Poland had time and time again humiliated the Prussians, but this time they would get their revenge.

War was declared in 1875. Prussia’s ally of Russia was not even called into the war. Prussia would prove itself alone. Prussian troops marched over the border into Chelmo soon after. Polish forces disputed their claim with vigour, but soon the Prussians proved that their new training and tactics had paid off. The Polish were pushed over the Vistula River within a month.

The Polish were not cowed so easily though. They sent an army up into western Prussia while the Prussian army was in the east. Using the Vistula as a barrier, they were able to occupy the Prussian land and keep them from pushing further south as well.

The use of the Vistula as a defensive line was proving quite a test for the Prussians. The Polish defended the other bank of the river well enough to prevent any successful river crossing. If Prussia wanted to win, it’d have to make a breakthrough. This came in the form of the Prussian navy. Ships were used to bombard the Polish forces in Prussian land in the west. Expecting a naval landing, Poland sent several regiments up north to defend the region. This was merely a ruse though. Prussia used the distraction as an opportunity to force a crossing in the east, putting their army in a position to threaten Warsaw. The Polish army immediately marched east to defend the capital, but the Prussians then turned their ruse into a full-on attack. Prussian forces crossed over near Danzig in the confusion, retaking their land. Then like a vice, the two armies in the west and east pushed towards each other, trapping the Polish army in-between. The Polish army was forced to flee south, giving Prussia full control of the southern bank of the Vistula. Poland was in no condition to contest Prussian dominance now.

Poland started to send peace offers, but Prussia ignored them. Only when the Polish army was trapped and forced to surrender did Prussia come to the peace table. They merely wanted to show the strength of the Prussian army and set a precedent that would keep Poland from ever striking back. Prussia forced Poland to hand over Chelmo, the disputed province, and nothing else. The message was much more important than the land. Prussia was not one to be messed with.

The Great Thaw – 1877-1880

Relations between Ming and Russia had been tense ever since Ming’s failed war against them. Many within the country blamed Russia for their decline, for they had so decimated the Ming army that their neighbours swooped in to tear Ming apart. Little had been done to repair relations, since neither party cared for the other. They no longer shared a border either. However, they did share a common enemy. Mongolia was a thorn in both their sides. They had broken free from Ming during their decline, something the republic had resented since. The Russians had a grudge against the nation because the Mongolians frequently launched raids into Russian land. Russia had been unable to do anything about it, so distracted they were with their other campaigns. They didn’t want to get bogged down in yet another campaign. Nonetheless, they still wanted Mongolia out of the picture. Slowly the Russian leadership developed the idea that Ming could be used to accomplish that goal.

In 1877, Russia sent a proposal to Ming. The two would coordinate a joint attack on Mongolia. Ming’s job would be to lure the Mongolian army south, giving the Russian army the opportunity to move into Mongolia unopposed. Ming was tentative to accept at first, feeling that it was a trap to weaken the republic further. However, any chance to reclaim lost land and glory was a welcome one in the end. They agreed to the proposal, under the condition that most of Mongolia’s land would be returned to Ming. Since Russia was more concerned with the Mongolian raids than conquest, they agreed to that condition.

The war started with Ming artillery firing into Mongolia at the settlements near the border. This drew the attention of the Mongolian army, which Ming lured south with a strategic retreat. They kept the army preoccupied in northern China as Russia launched a separate campaign from the north. The Russian army marched over the border unopposed. The Mongolian army was in no position to dispute that. When they tried to draw troops north to defend their land, the Ming army put more pressure on them. The sheer numbers and strength of the Russian army soon proved enough to overwhelm the Mongolians. Ming’s distraction had worked perfectly.

The next couple years were spent chasing the Mongolian army and pacifying their land. Still not entirely trusting the Russians, Ming did its best to occupy as much of the land directly as possible. Their mistrust proved misplaced as Russia kept its bargain and forced Mongolia to give most of its land to Ming, with only its northern provinces being claimed by Russia. The entire event had helped smooth relations over between the two nations, but there would be much more work involved to return to friendly terms again.

The Irish/Scottish Revolution – 1878-1879

The next in line for a revolution turned out to be Ireland. A vassal of Great Scotland for nearly a century, the Irish had both been oppressed and experienced greater freedom. Their Scottish overlords were quite generous and treated the Irish fairly, but at the end of the day they still ruled Ireland. Some discontent had been rising up over the decades, with those supporting independence getting more and more vocal. It was only in the 1870s that these supporters of independence started to adopt a revolutionary tone.

The first act of violence occurred in 1878 when a revolutionary by the name of Fergus MacAlastair instigated a riot in Dublin. It had originally started out as a protest for greater control of Irish affairs, but turned violent as revolutionaries mixed in with the protestors started throwing bombs into the crowds. Buildings were looted and fires set. The Scottish took minimal efforts to crack down on them, although no one was sure if this was due to apathy or a respect for Irish control of their domestic affairs. Eventually a regiment of Irishmen in the Scottish army were sent to contain the situation. Calm was restored for now, but ideas started to spread.

Revolutionaries within Ireland became more vocal after the riot in Dublin. However, they were not all united. The founder of the movement, Fergus MacAlastair, still wanted to resort to violence to achieve their goals. Many though wanted to seek a more peaceful approach. They campaigned through peaceful protests and newspapers to win over the population. Surely if the Irish people did not want to be part of Great Scotland, then they would have to be set free. Great Scotland tentatively allowed these revolutionaries to spread their ideas, afraid that to stamp down on them would only provoke them more.

Things started to go downhill when the revolutionaries tried to form a political party in the Irish Parliament, aptly named the Revolutionary Party. Great Scotland feared that this was a step too far with the risk of actual revolutionaries coming to power. They placed a ban on the party, which antagonized the revolutionaries. This won many of them over to Fergus’s side.

The revolution took a more violent turn as the Irish revolutionaries launched a mass campaign to remove the Scottish from their country. Buildings owned by Scots were attacked and the official representative of the Scottish Parliament in Ireland was kidnapped. He would later be found dead outside of Belfast, a bullet in his head. Revolutionary fervour even found its way into the army as entire regiments defected. Soon revolutionary soldiers were fighting loyalists in an all-out war.

It soon became clear that the Irish Revolution had to be put down by force. Before Scottish troops could be sent in, a surprising message arrived from Ireland. A fair number of revolutionaries, mostly those who had favoured peaceful methods, were begging for Scottish intervention to end the violence. Many Scots had not realized that there were still those out there who favoured such methods. Great Scotland thus sent its support, coordinating with the sympathetic revolutionaries to weed out the radicals. Within a few months, the Scottish army had restored order. Fergus MacAlastair was found and executed, finally putting an end to the violent portion of the Revolution.

With the Irish Revolution at and end, the issue of Ireland came to the forefront of Scottish politics. The Parliament in Edinburgh debated for days over how to best handle the situation. Some argued for independence, while others for the full integration of Ireland into Great Scotland. It was clear now that the status quo would no longer work. Then came the question of how to deal with the remaining revolutionaries who had forsaken violence. After much debate and the unexpected support of the king, the Scottish Parliament decided that the ban would be lifted on the Revolutionary Party, but that Ireland would be fully integrated into Great Scotland. This would give Ireland greater influence over their own affairs while also allowing the revolutionaries to obtain their goals through democratic means like everyone else.

The integration of Ireland went fairly smoothly. Many Irish felt that this was a step forward since they would now be equals in Great Scotland. The Revolutionary Party was seated in the Parliament, although in the election of 1879 it received only a couple seats as a minority within Ireland. They had much more work to do to accomplish their goals.

With Ireland’s integration into Great Scotland, this not only granted the Irish greater representation, but also gave the revolutionaries an avenue to spread their ideas to a much larger audience. A Welsh journalist, who went by the pen name Rasiwr Ddinas, was a strong advocate of revolutionary ideals. He believed that the nationalist focus of the French Revolution should be adopted in Great Scotland. The British Isles had traditionally been divided between the Scottish, English, Welsh, and Irish. Rasiwr proposed that all of them, while differing culturally, could share a common national identity. This would help bring all the members of Great Scotland closer together and encourage unity. This won over many within Great Scotland and bolstered support for the Revolutionary Party.

As time dragged on, the Revolutionary Party became more moderate, although there was still strong nationalist and republican sentiment within the party. Their support would also skyrocket. By the turn of the century, they would be the third largest party in the Scottish Parliament. The Revolution had not died in Great Scotland, but had merely adapted to the nation.

Borders in India finally taking a nice shape. But still more work is needed.

Poor Poland! Chelmno was the province "gifted" to Teutonic Order by one of the local dukes, and than Teuton's only grew. It is Polish! Give it back! If only there was a revolution to overthrow the incapable government.

The Mongolian border gore is finally over. Good.

The Scottish Isles are finally united. It would be unfitting to call them "British".

Now I have to wait for next updates, but things are only getting better and better. Maybe expect the incident with Prussia! Damn it! Poland could't trust them when they were still an crusader order, couldn't trust them while they were a vassal, or when they were a sort-off allies (looking at you partitions..)

Reactions:
Borders in India finally taking a nice shape. But still more work is needed.

Poor Poland! Chelmno was the province "gifted" to Teutonic Order by one of the local dukes, and than Teuton's only grew. It is Polish! Give it back! If only there was a revolution to overthrow the incapable government.

The Mongolian border gore is finally over. Good.

The Scottish Isles are finally united. It would be unfitting to call them "British".

Now I have to wait for next updates, but things are only getting better and better. Maybe expect the incident with Prussia! Damn it! Poland could't trust them when they were still an crusader order, couldn't trust them while they were a vassal, or when they were a sort-off allies (looking at you partitions..)

The only reason I gave Chelmo to Prussia is because it makes the border look better and forming Prussia gave them a claim on it. The two will continue to hate each other, but Poland will find some powerful friends elsewhere. ;)

Glory to Great Scotland!

Glory to Great Scotland, most diplomatic of all nations! And glory to the cartographers!

Reactions:
Glory to Great Scotland, most diplomatic of all nations! And glory to the cartographers!

Glory most of all to Scottish cartographers! :D

Rasiwr Ddinas sounds like a smart man, more nations should listen to him.:cool: *thinks about WW2 Germany and the Soviet Union* ..... On second thought, maybe it's best we don't listen to him.:p

Reactions:
Rasiwr Ddinas sounds like a smart man, more nations should listen to him.:cool: *thinks about WW2 Germany and the Soviet Union* ..... On second thought, maybe it's best we don't listen to him.:p

Great Scotland is the pinnacle of non-revolutionary liberal success. Perhaps it is best they don't give in to revolutionary thought entirely.

Speaking of WWII reminds me I need to figure out the WWI scenario soon. Still no idea who will side with who. :oops:

Great Scotland is the pinnacle of non-revolutionary liberal success. Perhaps it is best they don't give in to revolutionary thought entirely.

Speaking of WWII reminds me I need to figure out the WWI scenario soon. Still no idea who will side with who. :oops:

Well, I think France and Italy should be allies and I think they should be against Saxony. Other than that, I don't really have any suggestions. You could have the traditional 2 sides, or you could go more unconventional and have 3 or more sides.

I think it would be cool if Romania had rebellions on the verge of exploding just prior to the war. (Ukraine will rise!) It could leave them in a position of possibly ending up like Russia did IRL if they aren't careful.

Reactions:
Well, I think France and Italy should be allies and I think they should be against Saxony. Other than that, I don't really have any suggestions. You could have the traditional 2 sides, or you could go more unconventional and have 3 or more sides.

I think it would be cool if Romania had rebellions on the verge of exploding just prior to the war. (Ukraine will rise!) It could leave them in a position of possibly ending up like Russia did IRL if they aren't careful.

Well you just named the ones I already know. :p The world war will definitely be revolutionary versus counter-revolutionary, but there's quite a few nations that don't really fit either. Great Scotland is a prime example. Either they stay neutral or form a third faction for a 3-way war.

Romania will face difficult times, but you'll have to wait and see to see how they handle that. ;)

Well you just named the ones I already know. :p The world war will definitely be revolutionary versus counter-revolutionary, but there's quite a few nations that don't really fit either. Great Scotland is a prime example. Either they stay neutral or form a third faction for a 3-way war.

Romania will face difficult times, but you'll have to wait and see to see how they handle that. ;)

Great Scotland must be involved somehow. If they start a third faction, it could be the democracy faction. Of course, that would only work if there are enough powerful democracies interested in a global war.

Reactions:
Great Scotland must be involved somehow. If they start a third faction, it could be the democracy faction. Of course, that would only work if there are enough powerful democracies interested in a global war.

The only two other republics I know for certain, excluding the New World nations, are Greece and Ming. Greece certainly is counter-revolutionary, while Ming would never side with someone who stole their land. I'm sure they could find allies, but I still need to come up with a reason for them to fight the other two sides. There is also one country with a special government that needs to be considered. Not sure how they'll fit into things.

So how about revolutionary vs counter-revolutionary and those countries who are not in either group join whichever side that fits their repective government styles and strategic interests. For example, Great Scotland I think would join the revolutionary side, while the remaining kingdoms in europe would join the counter-revolutionary side, and Scandinavia go against whoever want to expand northwards, or, in the case of Russia, westwards.

Reactions: