• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ThePatriot1776

Colonel
53 Badges
Sep 13, 2012
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • War of the Roses
0jvvkTh.jpg

Howdy folks,

It's been awhile since I worked on my mod Expanded Israel due to real life circumstances and the disbanding of the original partnership for Monotheism Rising. This is the stand alone version of the mod. Part of this is renaming it to Aliyah (The Return) since Expanded Israel was focused solely on Judaism and Jewish people. I am excited to finally finish this mod. :)

Features

Religion Changes and Additions
Judaism reforms into the Grand Sanhedrin
Karaite reforms into Temple Judaism
Haymenot Judaism
Nazarenes
Ebionites

I did reformation events for Judaism into the Grand Sanhedrin with the Rabbis controlling the temple. Karaite reforms into Temple Judaism as it represents the Levite Bene HaMizrah's of Persia controlling the temple.

Haymenot is included because I did add in Beta Yisrael. They do not reform.

Nazarenes are the very first followers of Yeshua Im'manu'el (Jesus Christ). They were Jews and observed the Torah while maintaining that Yeshua was both fully human and divine by ascribing to modalism. They had a schism before the end of the first century that gave birth to the Ebionites. The Ebionites were more of a gnostic sect that reject the divinity of Yeshua and made him a normal man.

All of these religions use autocephaly.

Cultures
New Jewish cultures are Itali, Iberiani, Jewish Khazars, Cochin Jews, Samaritans, Romaniote, Beta Yisrael, and Bene HaMizrah. They will follow the graphics of the dominate culture of the area they are found in. This may lead to specific melting pot events later like Itali mixed with Germanic would produce Ashkenazi Jews or Iberiani mixed with any Spanish/African culture would result in Sephardi.

Events

Beginning of Israel Game
Jewish Coming of Age Events
Expulsion and Welcome Back Events
Jewish Holy Orders : The Maccabean Guard, Knights of Khazaria, Lions of Solomon, Knights of Goshen, The Siqariqim, and The Mishkan Guardians
Jewish Sins events for both the people and priests
Jewish Holy Festivals of Purim and Rosh Hashanah
Rebuilding Jerusalem small event chain that adds to certain holdings special upgrades like Mirabel would get level 7 castle walls.
Mending the Schism between Nazarenes and Ebionites that would lead to mending the schism with other branches of Christianity.

Societies

A new society for Judaism grouped religions that is based upon Kabbalism. Nazarenes will get a new monastic order.

Special Councilor Titles
All Israelite cultures use the same titles for their councilors.

Special Minor Titles
Alluphs are the champion of the realm.
Navi's are prophets ordained by G-d.
Shofet's are judges that are ordained by Yahweh.
Tehillim sang or wrote psalms that praised Adonai.
Adrichal is responsible for the creation of new buildings and their designs.

Current Coders and Creater

ThePatriot1776

Special Thanks to the people that were a part of Monotheism Rising.

Prior Contributers

starwarsfan451

omega20056

DingoWally

Caocao268

Damarrocarion

Researchers and Translations

Gul Dukat

BanishTheSpleen aka Zach

Athas65

Attachments

• Aliyah_Beta_1_Standalone.rar
    2,2 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Looking good so far.

I don't think the Mashiach trait itself should be inheritable, although maybe there could be a second "Descendant of Mashiach" trait which gives a small bonus, a bit like Sayyid?

Traits can be inheritable (you just add "inherit_chance = 100") so all you need is the event to give it to the Messiah, and a second event to give each of his children the Descendant trait and the game can sort it out.

Should the Messiah be tolerant towards Christianity and Islam? After all these are people whose entire religion is built around the idea that there was already a Messiah and it wasn't him...

I do like the idea of the descendant trait, so I'll see what I can do. I only wanted to have the heir of the Mashiach to get the trait, but the descendant trait sounds much better. I can see your point about Christianity, but Islam is still waiting for the Messiah.

I copied and changed the Saoshyant event and it won't fire for some odd reason. I'll have to ask in the Quick Answers thread about it. For now I have the trait handed out when k_Israel is created to avoid the event. I have to still test out the descendant event.

I'm having problem with the new events, so I'm getting help for them. I did do a transliteration for Barony, County, Duchy, and Kingdom so it looks appropriate and gives the necessary flavor. Fixed some problems with the prince and princess title not appearing.

Technically I think Melech/Melechah would be a more accurate title for a Jewish monarch, or even HaMelech/HaMelechah (the names of Jewish kings in Hebrew would have their name followed by HaMelech, meaning the King, whilst foreign kings would have HaMelech followed by their name i.e. David HaMelech and HaMelech George). Malik is more Arabic than Hebrew.

I do like the idea of the descendant trait, so I'll see what I can do. I only wanted to have the heir of the Mashiach to get the trait, but the descendant trait sounds much better. I can see your point about Christianity, but Islam is still waiting for the Messiah.

Actually, Jesus is the Messiah in Islam as well though it is understood in a different way considering Islam is not a messianic religion unlike Christianity and Judaism. If anything, any Jew claiming to be a Messiah should piss of any Christians or Muslims. Also don't get why it adds tolerance to Zoroastrianism.

As a native Hebrew speaker, I just wanted to add my two cents.
Regarding the titles, I find it odd that most of the titles are either Arabic or at least not Hebrew...
My suggestion for the King/Queen is Melech and Malkah (the difference between the C and KH is intentional), and while the literal translation of Emperor/Emperess is Keisar/Keisarit (from Ceasar), the more apropiate name might be Melech HaMelachim/Malkat HaMelachim, which means King of Kings, which is the more common term in Semetic languages.
The problem with the other titles is that they never really existed in Hebrew... The biblical state was a sort of a tribal monarchy/theocracy (depends on the period) and the modern state is a democracy, so all the other titles just have a modern direct translation in Hebrew Duke is Dukas, Count/Earl is Rozen and Baron is... Baron. So you really can only invent something (you can translate the Arabic titles to Hebrew, so Emir for example is Nasich, but then dukes and princes will have the same title). The Aluph title you picked literaly means champion, which is as good of a pick as any, through I don't know how to call a duchy in this case.
Possible titles you could use are Adon/Adonit (lord), and Sar/Sara (lord/minister).

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Prince/Princess titles should be Nasich/Nesichah.

About the Messiah trait, I agree with the others who said that it shouldn't be inheritable, but rather a Son of the Messiah one, and that it shouldn't grant the tolerance. You can called the traits HaMashiakh and Ben HaMashiakh for immersion.

Also, a suggestion for an additional feature, you can call the priest title Kohen and lock it so that only people with the trait Levi can hold it, which should be an inheritable trait (and then the "invite holy man" decision should always generate a Levi character)

Could you make it accessible to everyone on Google Drive? Also, does this include the House of David bookmark?

Sure, it shouldn't be a problem to make it accessible to everyone. The bookmarks haven't been worked on yet.

Actually, Jesus is the Messiah in Islam as well though it is understood in a different way considering Islam is not a messianic religion unlike Christianity and Judaism. If anything, any Jew claiming to be a Messiah should piss of any Christians or Muslims. Also don't get why it adds tolerance to Zoroastrianism.

I removed all tolerance to other religions, except for the Jewish group.

As a native Hebrew speaker, I just wanted to add my two cents.
Regarding the titles, I find it odd that most of the titles are either Arabic or at least not Hebrew...
My suggestion for the King/Queen is Melech and Malkah (the difference between the C and KH is intentional), and while the literal translation of Emperor/Emperess is Keisar/Keisarit (from Ceasar), the more apropiate name might be Melech HaMelachim/Malkat HaMelachim, which means King of Kings, which is the more common term in Semetic languages.
The problem with the other titles is that they never really existed in Hebrew... The biblical state was a sort of a tribal monarchy/theocracy (depends on the period) and the modern state is a democracy, so all the other titles just have a modern direct translation in Hebrew Duke is Dukas, Count/Earl is Rozen and Baron is... Baron. So you really can only invent something (you can translate the Arabic titles to Hebrew, so Emir for example is Nasich, but then dukes and princes will have the same title). The Aluph title you picked literaly means champion, which is as good of a pick as any, through I don't know how to call a duchy in this case.
Possible titles you could use are Adon/Adonit (lord), and Sar/Sara (lord/minister).

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Prince/Princess titles should be Nasich/Nesichah.

About the Messiah trait, I agree with the others who said that it shouldn't be inheritable, but rather a Son of the Messiah one, and that it shouldn't grant the tolerance. You can called the traits HaMashiakh and Ben HaMashiakh for immersion.

Also, a suggestion for an additional feature, you can call the priest title Kohen and lock it so that only people with the trait Levi can hold it, which should be an inheritable trait (and then the "invite holy man" decision should always generate a Levi character)

I incorporated all of the changes you suggested with some minor adjustments. I gave the name for Marshal in Hebrew Aluph. I gave the Chancellor title Sar, Sara is impossible to implement for female characters. I'm going to leave the transliterated names for duchy etc... alone until I get something better. Thank you for the valuable input. If you have more to add I'll gladly incorporate it into the mod.

Last edited:
Perhaps if it was even higher for Zealous characters, both in terms of hate from other religions and love from other Jews.

I couldn't do that since having zealous as an opposite trait will always make zealous characters hate the character by that amount. There's no way to separate it to have zealous Jews love the character more.

Regarding the council, here are some good translations that I think are a good fit (some are biblical as well):
Chancellor - I think Shagrir might fit in this one (ambassador).
Marshal - Sar HaTzava (lord of the army) - biblical
Steward - Sar HaOtzar (lord of the treasury) - biblical
Spymaster - Rav-Meraglim (master of spies)
Court Chaplain - with this one I'm not sure since as far as I know the position never existed since the king and the Cohen Gadol were always based in the same city, or held by the same person. I guess you can call it either Cohen HaKhatzer (the court priest) or HaMadrich HaRukhani (the spiritual guide) but it's up to you...

P.S. All the names with the "Ha" prefix in them can be used without it as well, "Ha" means "the".
P.P.S. Just wanted to clarify that wheb I use either KH or CH, they are pronounced like the letter Chi (X) in Greek or the letter J in Spanish, not like they are usually pronounced in English (Hebrew actually doesn't originally as a letter for the sound CH since it is a sound that exist only in loanwords, and Hebrew doesn't really have diphthongs. Ad far as I know, KH doesn't really have a sound of its own in English)

Regarding the council, here are some good translations that I think are a good fit (some are biblical as well):
Chancellor - I think Shagrir might fit in this one (ambassador).
Marshal - Sar HaTzava (lord of the army) - biblical
Steward - Sar HaOtzar (lord of the treasury) - biblical
Spymaster - Rav-Meraglim (master of spies)
Court Chaplain - with this one I'm not sure since as far as I know the position never existed since the king and the Cohen Gadol were always based in the same city, or held by the same person. I guess you can call it either Cohen HaKhatzer (the court priest) or HaMadrich HaRukhani (the spiritual guide) but it's up to you...

P.S. All the names with the "Ha" prefix in them can be used without it as well, "Ha" means "the".
P.P.S. Just wanted to clarify that wheb I use either KH or CH, they are pronounced like the letter Chi (X) in Greek or the letter J in Spanish, not like they are usually pronounced in English (Hebrew actually doesn't originally as a letter for the sound CH since it is a sound that exist only in loanwords, and Hebrew doesn't really have diphthongs. Ad far as I know, KH doesn't really have a sound of its own in English)

Thanks athas65 for all the translations. I added you as a major contributor to the mod for the translation work.

Updated OP with the completed items done to date. Still having a problem with children of the messiah gaining both the messiah and messiah descendant traits. Prahr is going over the entire mod to see what the problem is. I hope he/she can fix it since the coding is correct to only grant the descendant trait to a child.

Well I'm officially looking for someone that knows how to script, so if you know how to script just let me know that you want to help.

I spent most of this morning trying to get the Expel Muslims and Welcome Back Muslims events to fire correctly. To say the least neither is working. I guess I'll move onto something else like crusade targets.

Oh athas65, do you have any ideas for Hebrew minor titles that are in Hebrew?