Werewolf Lite CCXVIII - Do androids hunt electric sheep?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Falc

Founder of the Resistance
82 Badges
Dec 16, 2009
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2

Werewolf Lite CCXVIII
Do androids hunt electric sheep?
attachment.php

The year is 2049. In a world where humanity has finally colonized other planets, megacorporations have developped genetically engineered organic robots called replicants, visually indistinguishable from adult humans. Their use on Earth is banned and replicants are exclusively used for dangerous, menial or leisure work on Earth's off-world colonies. Replicants who defy the ban and return to Earth are hunted down and "retired" by police special operatives known as "Blade Runners".

Authorities have been informed that one particular group of 4 replicants has escaped. They have tracked them down to a particular shuttle transport, which has been intercepted and all 17 passengers have been quarantined.

A Blade Runner has been assigned to the case to find the replicants amongst the others. He will subject every passenger in turn to the Voight-Kampff test, which distinguishes humans from replicants based on their empathic response to questions. He has informed the passengers that they can decide amongst themselves who gets tested when.

However, the replicants have hatched a dastardly plan. Right now, they're in the minority, but if they can take out the rest of the passengers, they can then overwhelm the Blade Runner and escape.

The one thing that no-one else knows, is that there's an ex-Blade Runner amongst the passengers. Sensing that the situation could turn bad, he has decided he'll administer a make-shift Voight-Kampff test to the other suspects. It won't be as reliable as the real one, but it should at least swing the situation somewhat in favor of the good guys.

PLAYERS
There will be 17 players. Each player will receive a role. The roles are as follows:

12 innocent passengers.
4 replicants.
1 former Blade Runner.

• You sign up to the game by posting IN.
  • You sign up as a substitute by posting SUB.
  • You may ask to be substituted by posting SUB PLEASE.
  • Roles will be attributed at random.

GAME FLOW
The game will start with a Night phase. During Night phases:

• The replicants murder one of the other players.
  • The former Blade Runner tests one of the other players. Since he has to make due with what little he has on him, the test will be inconclusive 50% of the time.

After the first Night phase comes the first Day phase. From then on, Night and Day will alternate. During a Day phase:

• All the passengers decide, by voting, who will be tested by the authorities. Innocent passengers who are tested will be released. Replicants who are tested will be summarily executed.
  • The replicants decide who they will hunt the next night.
  • The former Blade Runner decides who he will test the next night.

VOTING
  • Any player who doesn't vote during a Day phase will be automatically substituted.
  • You may NOT edit votes. Unvote and revote.
  • Votes that are not clearly visible in a post may get overlooked. Do this at your own peril...

VICTORY
  • While innocent passengers who pass the authorities' Voight-Kampff test are released and thus survive, they must then go back to their dreary lives of near-slave labor for a faceless megacorporation. You call that winning? I don't.
  • The innocent passengers, along with the former Blade Runner, can win the game by sending out all the replicants to the authorities. They will then receive medals from the government for helping protect the city and a sizable reward.
  • If the replicants ever are equal or better in number than the remaining other passengers, they will slaughter the rest, overwhelm the authorities and escape into the world.

POSTING
  • Players in the game may post whatever they want, including forged PMs and whatever else devious plots they come up with.
  • Players no longer in the game and people not playing the game may post whatever they want AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT AFFECT THE GAMEPLAY. It is highly advised that all such posts are done in a non-white, non-yellow color.

THE GM
  • I'm the GM.
  • The GM will post in yellow.
  • The GM has final say in all matters.

Deadline is 20:00:00 CET, 19:00:00 GMT
Any post whose timestamp is 22:00 or later is too late.

Last edited:
Players

1. esemesas, lynched day 3
  2. tamius, hunted night 2
  3. reis91, lynched day 2
  4. snoopdogg, hunted night 1
  5. Sylon, lynched day 1
  6. Bagricula as Empathetic Turtle, hunted night 3
  7. Boris ze Spider, victorious on night 3
  8. Najs, hunted night 0
  9. AVN, lynched day 2

Subs

1. Randakar
  2. Enkhuush

Events

Last edited:
INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

In

The very first werewolf lite game I played had this theme.

It was also GMed by Olaus Petrus. I don't think I'll join this.

Well, that's nothing new. Why do you even write in these threads if you don't play Lite?

Well, that's nothing new. Why do you even write in these threads if you don't play Lite?

Because I can, do you have a problem with that?

Out.
If I die in Big I'll sub in though ;-)

I'll only play if someone promises to do my homework.

I need to sort and search through a dynamic array that stores all the non-blank lines from a txt file (it should work with any random .txt file without failing). I've got the file input built, but I haven't made my sorting or searching algorithms yet.

Falc? Will you do my homework?

I need to sort and search through a dynamic array that stores all the non-blank lines from a txt file (it should work with any random .txt file without failing). I've got the file input built, but I haven't made my sorting or searching algorithms yet.

What language? C? C++? Perl? Javascript?
It's about .. well, maybe half a line of perl? :p