Werewolf Lite CCXVIII - Do androids hunt electric sheep?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll only play if someone promises to do my homework.

I need to sort and search through a dynamic array that stores all the non-blank lines from a txt file (it should work with any random .txt file without failing). I've got the file input built, but I haven't made my sorting or searching algorithms yet.

Falc? Will you do my homework?

Didn't I see this already in the Diplomacy game?

And yes, what language are you working on?

c++

You can do a full sorting AND a full searching algorithm with half a line in pearl? How inefficient is the end product?

EDIT: The other thing I was demanding was a division algorithm. I'm aiming for a product that is O(log n) efficient, or as close to it as possible. Whether or not it works is only half the battle.

You can do a full sorting AND a full searching algorithm with half a line in pearl? How inefficient is the end product?

You didn't say you had to implement the sorting and searching by hand. Modern languages have builtins for that sort of thing :p
But it wouldn't be very inefficiënt at all. As far as interpreted languages go perl is quite fast. Better than Python, at least, with it's global interpreter lock :p

EDIT: The other thing I was demanding was a division algorithm. I'm aiming for a product that is O(log n) efficient, or as close to it as possible. Whether or not it works is only half the battle.

Hmm, the joys of being a comp/sci major..

Best sorting algorithm is bubble sort. Well, okay, maybe not best for every possible situation but most of the time. Wikipedia has enough info and should even have C/C++ examples

You didn't say you had to implement the sorting and searching by hand. Modern languages have builtins for that sort of thing :p
But it wouldn't be very inefficiënt at all. As far as interpreted languages go perl is quite fast. Better than Python, at least, with it's global interpreter lock :p

Hmm, the joys of being a comp/sci major..

Yup, comp/sci is definitely nice major. ;)

Am sorry, but due to things crapping up at work, I will not have time for both Big, Lite and Aurora game - I will therefore have to be

OUT

Might I suggest advertising the game? Not everyone actually goes into the OT Forum Games itself. Three signups in 4 and a half days means people aren't seeing it.

I'm still out though. I've barely got time to play Big, and on my current run in Lite I'm not going to get away with minimal participation :)

From Kiwi's post I think he means the OT.

I would suggest advertising in the "new ww-game is up!" thread, and the Big. You'd be surprised how many of us just use the "subscribed threads".

IN as Empathetic Turtle

In.
Might as well.