2nd December announcement speculation

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1.4 will be released on Monday together with free story DLC written by Alexis Kennedy - one of the designers for Sunless Sea, which currently works as Freelancer for Pdx.

Last edited:
Reactions:
1.4 will be released on Monday together with free story DLC written by (I hope I didn't misremember name) Alexander Kennedy - one of the designers for Sunless Sea, which currently works as Freelancer for Pdx.
Did you attend the gathering?

Reactions:
1.4 will be released on Monday together with free story DLC written by (I hope I didn't misremember name) Alexander Kennedy - one of the designers for Sunless Sea, which currently works as Freelancer for Pdx.

Better than I expected! I had an impression that the work Kennedy did wouldn't be included in the 1.4 patch, despite the name, and technically that's not wrong :D

With Monday you mean the day after tomorrow? Seems weird to me that they cancel dev diaries for weeks only to make then a semi-surprise release of a mid-sized patch.

Reactions:
With Monday you mean the day after tomorrow? Seems weird to me that they cancel dev diaries for weeks only to make then a semi-surprise release of a mid-sized patch.
IIRC - Martin used This Monday. Though it may be slight possibility that because I'm sleep deprived, and the global conspiracy of the space hamster time-ninjas with warp-katanas (who hunt for their prey by waiting when it will die by old age), I may be mixing some things up. I'm 97.8% certain though - however when I will finally sleep, % may change.

Last edited:
Reactions:
IIRC - Martin used This Monday. Though it may be slight possibility that because I'm sleep deprived, and the global conspiracy of the space hamster time-ninjas with warp-katanas (who hunt for their prey by waiting when it will die by old age), I may be mixing some things up. I'm 97.8% certain though - however when I will finally sleep, % may change.
Well, thank you for sharing this with us, I greatly appreciate it! :)

Reactions:
Paradoxleaks
Nah, I wouldn't say it that way. (Pdx&Wiz plz don't kill me).

There could always be worse stuff leaked out, like Victoria: Rome 6 for example. Oooops... (I'm dead now :( )

Reactions:

My guess is that Monday will not be the release day but the day they announce the release day (easy to be misheard) together with a patch/DLC trailer. Dev diaries will then resume on Thursday with further detail and maybe the patch notes. But of course I hope I am wrong and you are right.

Could you tell us about the horrors you have seen in this video (the trailer I guess)?
CyrhRW3WgAAeAVx.jpg:large

Reactions:
My guess is that Monday will not be the release day but the day they announce the release day (easy to be misheard) together with a patch/DLC trailer. Dev diaries will then resume on Thursday with further detail and maybe the patch notes. But of course I hope I am wrong and you are right.

Could you tell us about the horrors you have seen in this video (the trailer I guess)?
CyrhRW3WgAAeAVx.jpg:large
As far as I remember Martin did underline and stress out that it is release date. Not announcement. That trailer we saw at fan gathering was 'DLC' trailer, which as I mentioned earlier will be free Story DLC for everyone! Next week, announcement may be still be in form of the news on monday in form of - 'It is available now!' ;) Because monday is all in all next week :D

IIRC - This free story DLC is called Horizon or sth Horizon/Horizon sth - hopefully not Event Horizon :D Trailer is rather short, but I would say pretty cool ;)

Last edited:
Reactions:
1.4 will be released on Monday together with free story DLC written by Alexis Kennedy - one of the designers for Sunless Sea, which currently works as Freelancer for Pdx.
By "on Monday", do you mean "next Monday" or "on an unspecified Monday" ?

Reactions:
Can't understand why they've been so secretive about 1.4. I know it's not going to be as big a deal as 1.3 or 1.5, and is mostly about fixing things... but that's fine? Nothing wrong with a bit of bug fixing and balancing. There's a dev diary or two in the re-balancing of end game crisis, surely?

they don't want to spoil the introduction of the new faction, space london with steampunk spaceships

Reactions:
Ironically, that's the part of the patch we probably no most about, since Alexis Kennedy blogged about it loads and the devs tweet-teased about it a bunch.