• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pdxhr

Recruit
Paradox Staff
Nov 24, 2022
Hi again,

Let me bring forth the Update 1.8.1, which addresses some issues that have been reported by the community and the CK3 team. This will fix the frustrating issue of modals/pop-ups getting stuck on the screen and ensure height maps get rendered properly in some of our beloved community mods.

As always, please keep us posted on your experiences, and thank you for constituting this group that is the beautiful community of CK3. Without your enthusiasm, eagle-eyed sense of detail, and sharp-tongued reminders of releasing the next update, we'd feel quite alone in the process of doing so. Well, that is me rambling again. To the list of changes:

###################
# Fixes
###################
  • Fixed an issue where tooltips were not affected by the tooltip unlock setting, leading to tooltips staying open for a prolonged period of time
  • Achievements will no longer become disabled when going back from the pick any character screen
  • Height maps should now be rendered as expected when generated (affected mod creation)
  • Fixed an issue where any religion spawning a heresy could force the player to adopt that heresy, regardless of player religion
  • Added missing localization for the Renderer settings tooltip
  • The Truth is Relative perk no longer lowers the chance of finding real secrets significantly (except if the Spymaster has the Lazy trait...)
  • Fixed incorrect localization for the “Become rivals with a rival’s family member” memory

-HR (Not the Dept. of Hermeneutic Research)

• 44Like
  • 7Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hi again,

Let me bring forth the Update 1.8.1, which addresses some issues that have been reported by the community and the CK3 team. This will fix the frustrating issue of modals/pop-ups getting stuck on the screen and ensure height maps get rendered properly in some of our beloved community mods.

As always, please keep us posted on your experiences, and thank you for constituting this group that is the beautiful community of CK3. Without your enthusiasm, eagle-eyed sense of detail, and sharp-tongued reminders of releasing the next update, we'd feel quite alone in the process of doing so. Well, that is me rambling again. To the list of changes:

###################
# Fixes
###################
  • Fixed an issue where tooltips were not affected by the tooltip unlock setting, leading to tooltips staying open for a prolonged period of time
  • Achievements will no longer become disabled when going back from the pick any character screen
  • Height maps should now be rendered as expected when generated (affected mod creation)
  • Fixed an issue where any religion spawning a heresy could force the player to adopt that heresy, regardless of player religion
  • Added missing localization for the Renderer settings tooltip
  • The Truth is Relative perk no longer lowers the chance of finding real secrets significantly (except if the Spymaster has the Lazy trait...)
  • Fixed incorrect localization for the “Become rivals with a rival’s family member” memory

-HR (Not the Dept. of Hermeneutic Research)
Hello,
I'm playing the game on a old Mac Computer (2013 Macbook Air) and have faced a bug where the game refuses to zoom in past a certain point, freezing the screen:

• i can hear the sound effects and click on several buttons but it remains stuck unless i exit and close it via steam.
  • If i force quit, however, the game outright refuses to launch .

Previously (before 1.8) the game rendered zoomed in terrain fine for me , so i don't exactly know what could've caused this.

Does that mean the complexions are fixed ?

• 6Like
Reactions:
I really, really appreciate that this got fixed...that bug made a whole tree a double-edged sword for me, so I always thought twice before touching it. And I take that hint on the spymaster's character serious...you aren't fooling us here with that excellent example of roleplaying, right?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Achievements still seem broken for me after this patch. I started a new game as the Byzantines, made sure iron man was enabled. As soon as I start it appears to be disabled

Thanks for the heads up.

I really, really appreciate that this got fixed...that bug made a whole tree a double-edged sword for me, so I always thought twice before touching it. And I take that hint on the spymaster's character serious...you aren't fooling us here with that excellent example of roleplaying, right?

I really, really hope that Lazy spymasters actually do stick the old, broken approach that lowered the chance of finding real secrets after Truth is Relative. Too funny.

• 1Like
Reactions: