• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How to get the update??
Im having 1.7.2
Cant find the 1.8.1
Help!
Are you on Steam?

If so, go to the Betas page and select "NONE".

• 4Like
Reactions:
Hi again,

Let me bring forth the Update 1.8.1, which addresses some issues that have been reported by the community and the CK3 team. This will fix the frustrating issue of modals/pop-ups getting stuck on the screen and ensure height maps get rendered properly in some of our beloved community mods.

As always, please keep us posted on your experiences, and thank you for constituting this group that is the beautiful community of CK3. Without your enthusiasm, eagle-eyed sense of detail, and sharp-tongued reminders of releasing the next update, we'd feel quite alone in the process of doing so. Well, that is me rambling again. To the list of changes:

###################
# Fixes
###################
  • Fixed an issue where tooltips were not affected by the tooltip unlock setting, leading to tooltips staying open for a prolonged period of time
  • Achievements will no longer become disabled when going back from the pick any character screen
  • Height maps should now be rendered as expected when generated (affected mod creation)
  • Fixed an issue where any religion spawning a heresy could force the player to adopt that heresy, regardless of player religion
  • Added missing localization for the Renderer settings tooltip
  • The Truth is Relative perk no longer lowers the chance of finding real secrets significantly (except if the Spymaster has the Lazy trait...)
  • Fixed incorrect localization for the “Become rivals with a rival’s family member” memory

-HR (Not the Dept. of Hermeneutic Research)
I can't get my CK3 past 1.7.2

I can't get my CK3 past 1.7.2
See my post earlier on this page.

Reactions:
Fix this when you can, please.

Anyone know if we will get a dev diary soon? almost a year since Royal court. half a year since last "real" dlc fate of iberia.
According to Dev Diary 108, we’ll get 2 to 4 months of DDs before the next expansions pack.

So if you know Expansion #2’s release date, count back two to four months and that will be when DDs start. :p

• 1Haha
Reactions:
According to Dev Diary 108, we’ll get 2 to 4 months of DDs before the next expansions pack.

So if you know Expansion #2’s release date, count back two to four months and that will be when DDs start. :p
right, i remember that. but thats why im wondering where the dev diaries are. I live in norway and everything is back to normal again, should be the same for sweden. if we were to get a dev diary next week that would be 2-4 months for next dlc(if it is the big one). that is a really long time between dlc especially when even the small scale dlcs are slow in release. Maybe im just being negative as i didnt really enjoy Royal court or fate of iberia (fate was a good dlc tho).

right, i remember that. but thats why im wondering where the dev diaries are. I live in norway and everything is back to normal again, should be the same for sweden. if we were to get a dev diary next week that would be 2-4 months for next dlc(if it is the big one). that is a really long time between dlc especially when even the small scale dlcs are slow in release. Maybe im just being negative as i didnt really enjoy Royal court or fate of iberia (fate was a good dlc tho).
They did say they had increased time between DLCs.

Afraid you’re gonna have to wait and see like the rest of us.

Hello,
I'm playing the game on a old Mac Computer (2013 Macbook Air) and have faced a bug where the game refuses to zoom in past a certain point, freezing the screen:

• i can hear the sound effects and click on several buttons but it remains stuck unless i exit and close it via steam.
  • If i force quit, however, the game outright refuses to launch .

Previously (before 1.8) the game rendered zoomed in terrain fine for me , so i don't exactly know what could've caused this.
Welcome to the Paradox forum!

I don't know if anyone else replied to you about this, but in 1.8 the game switched from rendering in OpenGL to rendering in Vulkan on Macs. I'm not a Mac user, but it seems plausible that this caused your rendering problem, since Vulkan didn't exist in 2013. You should be able to switch back to OpenGL in the Launcher Settings.

Reactions:
Hi again,

Let me bring forth the Update 1.8.1, which addresses some issues that have been reported by the community and the CK3 team. This will fix the frustrating issue of modals/pop-ups getting stuck on the screen and ensure height maps get rendered properly in some of our beloved community mods.

As always, please keep us posted on your experiences, and thank you for constituting this group that is the beautiful community of CK3. Without your enthusiasm, eagle-eyed sense of detail, and sharp-tongued reminders of releasing the next update, we'd feel quite alone in the process of doing so. Well, that is me rambling again. To the list of changes:

###################
# Fixes
###################
  • Fixed an issue where tooltips were not affected by the tooltip unlock setting, leading to tooltips staying open for a prolonged period of time
  • Achievements will no longer become disabled when going back from the pick any character screen
  • Height maps should now be rendered as expected when generated (affected mod creation)
  • Fixed an issue where any religion spawning a heresy could force the player to adopt that heresy, regardless of player religion
  • Added missing localization for the Renderer settings tooltip
  • The Truth is Relative perk no longer lowers the chance of finding real secrets significantly (except if the Spymaster has the Lazy trait...)
  • Fixed incorrect localization for the “Become rivals with a rival’s family member” memory

-HR (Not the Dept. of Hermeneutic Research)

What about complexions? When are you going to fix the complection bug? It's such a simple fix but it's been known about for 4 months now. ETA: spelling

Last edited:
What about complections? When are you going to fix the complection bug? It's such a simple fix but it's been known about for 4 months now.
What's the complection bug?

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: