• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX-Trinexx

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
101 Badges
Jan 31, 2022
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Federations
Hello Rulers!

Today we're releasing Update 5.2 for the Console Edition of Crusader Kings III.

This is a minor Update focusing on addressing stability issues affecting both Xbox and PS5 players. We've also addressed an issue that prevented the "Hook, Line and Sinker" achievement from unlocking. We've greatly appreciated all of your feedback and reports while our partners at Lab42 worked hard to resolve these issues, and we hope that this Update goes a long way towards making your time in the Middle Ages more enjoyable.

Changes in Update 5.2:
  • [PS5/Xbox] Resolved an issue that prevented the "Hook, Line and Sinker" achievement from being obtainable. Obtaining a weak hook and a strong hook in one lifetime should now unlock this achievement properly.
  • [PS5/Xbox] Improved stability by changing how the game handles larger save files.
  • [PS5] Improved stability by updating how the game interacts with the PS5 suspend and resume menu.
  • [Xbox] Resolved an issue that could cause a crash when opening the Prestige, Piety, or Renown tooltips.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Hello Rulers!

This is a minor Update focusing on addressing stability issues affecting both Xbox and PS5 players. We've also addressed an issue that prevented the "Hook, Line and Sinker" achievement from unlocking. We've greatly appreciated all of your feedback and reports while our partners at Lab42 worked hard to resolve these issues, and we hope that this Update goes a long way towards making your time in the Middle Ages more enjoyable.

Changes in Update 5.2:
  • [PS5/Xbox] Resolved an issue that prevented the "Hook, Line and Sinker" achievement from being obtainable. Obtaining a weak hook and a strong hook in one lifetime should now unlock this achievement properly.
  • [PS5/Xbox] Improved stability by changing how the game handles larger save files.
  • [PS5] Improved stability by updating how the game interacts with the PS5 suspend and resume menu.
  • [Xbox] Resolved an issue that could cause a crash when opening the Prestige, Piety, or Renown tooltips.
Yay thank you :)

So no more corrupted save files?

Think "improved" rather than "fixed" means that they're hoping to have reduced the likelihood of it happening, but it won't necessarily be fixed for every instance of it happening, but hopefully a step in the right direction

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looking for a bit of clarity - This update vaguely referenced corrupted saves but doesn’t say whether it is fixed or not… should I read this as “might be a bit better but will still happen, please try it and report back?”

Reactions:
Have done a fairly long run and conquered most of the world by 1200, starting as a Count in 850, and it hasn’t corrupted yet (by 1300), Ironman. That was after I wiped everything, from the last patch. No stability issues yet but the map was scaling terribly. Will see if this patch helps any.

Also, has anyone else noticed you don’t have the option to change primary title when you have multiple empires? I had the Roman Empire as primary and it suddenly switched to Italia after a death. No option to change it to anything else, unlike the PC version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello Rulers!

Changes in Update 5.2:
Thanks for finally fixing the unobtainable trophy!

Are the ally armies fixed or do they still break dance between 2 points?

Can I see the titles on character screen?

Are the crashes and save deletions fixed?

Can I call allies to war or is the random bug still just showing my character screen when trying to call them to war?

Is the gold for ransom fixed? I'm still getting less than what I should be, a lot less.

There's a lot to fix and we still haven't had ANY dlc for consoles yet

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Are the ally armies fixed or do they still break dance between 2 points?

Can I see the titles and alliances on character screen?

Are the crashes and save deletions fixed?

Can I call allies to war or is the random bug still just showing my character screen when trying to call them to war?

There's a lot to fix and we still haven't had ANY dlc for consoles yet
feel like I wasted money on the season pass tbh

• 4Like
Reactions:
Hello! Is this still happening on a new game started after the update?
How about fixing some of these issues

-Are the ally armies fixed or do they still break dance between 2 points?

-Can I see the titles on character screen?

-Are the crashes and save deletions fixed?

-Can I call allies to war or is the random bug still just showing my character screen when trying to call them to war?

-Is the gold for ransom fixed? I'm still getting less than what I should be, a lot less.

Still quite a few UI issues, I could not elope with my wife's sister and then my wife tried to murder me and I had to arrest her and execute her. Literally could have saved a life paradox lol.

1824800823280-screenshotUrl.jpg

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Hello Rulers!

Changes in Update 5.2:
You might have improved saves but there's still major issues.

Now the autosave just disappears, you try a manual save looks successful, but when you go to load or leave the game the save just isn't there

No corruption message anymore, just deletes without telling you!!!

I'm seriously considering asking for a refund now