• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #95: Humanoids Species Pack

Hello everyone and welcome to another Stellaris dev diary. As said last week, today's dev diary is not about the Cherryh update at all, but rather something much more imminent: The Humanoids Species Pack
Pasted image at 2017_11_20 05_24 PM.png

Humanoids Species Pack
Over the last year or so, and especially in the last few months, there has been a lot of clamoring for more portraits and another ship-set like the one we added in Plantoids. Because of the amount of coder and content designer time we're putting into the major overhauls in the Cherryh update, we ended up with a lot of extra art time, and so we decided to oblige. Back in the Heinlein update, we added a bunch of free humanoid portraits that proved to be immensely popular - close to half of games started is with some variant of humanoid. Combine with there seeming to be a demand for a more 'classic western sci-fi' ship-set with sleeker lines and curves than the Mammalian one, and the design for the Humanoid Species Pack was born. Our artists have been quietly working away at it behind the scenes, and now it's almost ready.

So what's in the Humanoid Species Pack? Here is the feature list:
- 10 new Humanoid portraits
- A completely new ship set inspired by classic western sci-fi
- A new city set for Humanoids
- A new pre-scripted empire, the Fanatic Authoritarian/Materialist Voor Technocracy, with a portrait inspired by the 'loading screen aliens' from our own official art
- 3 new advisor voices offering alternative takes on existing ethics, based on the United Nations of Earth ('Dignified Xenophile'), Commonwealth of Man ('Disciplined Militarist') and Voor Technocracy ('Ruthless Materialist'). Samples from each of the new voices has been attached to the bottom of this post.
- 3 new music tracks that are remixes of classic Stellaris songs

Of course, the 5 Humanoid portraits that are already in the base game will remain free and available to everyone.

The Humanoids Species Pack will come out on December 7th, 2017 and will cost $7.99 US dollars or your regional equivalent. For those who want to buy it right now, pre-orders are available through the Paradox Shop. To pre-order, follow this link.

Next week we'll get back to talking about the Cherryh update on the topic of doomstacks (for real this time). Until then, I leave you with these awesome screenshots:
2017_11_22_6.jpg
2017_11_23_3.png
HumanoidGreeting-1.jpg
2017_11_22_13.jpg

Attachments

• Commonwealth_VIR.wav
    1,6 MB · Views: 15.110
  • UNE_Vir.wav
    1,4 MB · Views: 12.588
  • Voor_VIR.wav
    786,8 KB · Views: 12.950
Last edited:
I was worried when the DD didnt come out at 14:59 but then suddenly at 15:00 pop it was there. very punctual wiz. :p

so it was an humanoid specie pack after all... Can't be sure i will buy it. I would have prefered some "aliens" portraits who are not copy/pasted earth animals or some biological/silicoid etc specie... But i agree that the humanoid shipset look cool. Much more than the cold scrapper original mammalian shipset design.

PS: Is humanoid phenotype remainging rare in the galaxy with this specie pack? If i remember correctly you said humanoid had a rarer spawn value than other phenotype. Is this going to continue or are you going to increase it in par with others phenotype?