• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is it normal that I keep getting "implausable demesne, give all your counties to random vassals lol" events for povinces as close as Tiberias and Ascalon when my capital is in Jerusalem? :wacko:

This has been happening with me too. I've had it in France (Dijon and Il de France) and Denmark (Rugen and Bornholm etc).

Deffo a bug. The event needs a tweak.

so how do I solve that? I looked at the event to see if it was missing some references to the relevant regions, but it seems to be ok.

I have no idea :confused: I will have to look into it. I would currently advise you to disable the event if it does things that don't look right.

Go to Crusader Kings/db/events.txt and put a # in front of this line

# Vertinox
#event = "db\events\plausible_demense.txt"

If you do find what's wrong with the event, could you add Britain to the allowed region for Scandinavia and vice-versa? Currently the duchy of Orkney and the kingdom of the Isles in general are split between the two regions.

Yes

Of course version 1.04 doesn't have the changes that were made after its release.

Don't have Dues Vult, so doesn't matter.

And v. 1.04 seems to be a .rar file, which I have no equipment for reading. Is it like the actual CK game files, where I have to use wordpad to read them, or do I need a certain program to read the .rar files?

If so, can you direct me to a .rar reader?

You should have the option in the context menu (right click on the .rar file) to "7-zip->extract to 'filename/'" If taht's not there, go to "Open With" -> "Browse..." then navigate to your 7-zip install location (mine is "C:\Program Files\7-zip") and choose "7zFM.exe" as the default program to open them with. After that all you should have to do is extract over your vanilla install, but I would recommend making a backup first by just copy/.pasting the entire CK folder and renaming it to something like "CK Backup" or "CK Vanilla" or what have you.

No, extract it over the entire folder. It should ask you if you want to merge folders or overwrite or something like that. Answer yes to everything. If it doesn't ask you to merge/overwrite you've done something wrong. (Merge is on Vista Enterprise 32 bit, not sure what it says on XP or anything else)

Here's a basic set of instructions:

-Open up the "C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment" (or whatever your install path is) folder
-Open up the "The_Alternative_Scenario_4.rar" (or whatever it is called) file
-Drag and drop the files onto the folder that is marked "Crusader Kings" (or whatever the installed folder is)
-Answer "Yes" to anything that asks you to overwrite files and/or merge folders.

Here's a quick video I made showing the final steps.

More trouble with Plasible Demese

So, I've been playing as County of Albrect and gained control of Navarra. I've been having plausible demise fire for Navarra. So I felt that this province is only a couple hundred miles away, it's definitely in the plausible demise. So this what I did.

The triggers look pretty much alright and I don't want to disable the event for the AI, or even myself in a more logical situation. So I changed the event options.

action_a = { #Damn!
ai_chance = 100
effect = { type = add_province_effect value = revolt }
effect = { type = add_province_effect value = looted }
effect = { type = peasant_loyalty value = -0.9 }
effect = { type = burgher_loyalty value = -0.75 }
effect = { type = clergy_loyalty value = -0.5 }
effect = { type = noble_loyalty value = -0.9 }
}

action_b = { #this is rediculous
ai_chance = 0
effect = { type = peasant_loyalty value = 0.1 }
effect = { type = burgher_loyalty value = 0.1 }
effect = { type = clergy_loyalty value = 0.1 }
effect = { type = noble_loyalty value = 0.1 }
}
Thus it will still work properly for the AI - due to the 100% AI chance of choosing A, and I can override situations that just shouldn't happen. And with a bonus for being required to stop the game to deal with it. Not a viable long term fix, but good if you're getting spammed with the event for owning a province next to your capital which happens to in the wrong region.

Anyhow, this is a very good mod. Other than this problem I've been quite satisfied with it.