• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I shouldn't, but here it is...

<<<<The I told you so dance....>>>>>

best villager sbr??
come on if he would follow me, the village would have lynched punk on day 1...
or was he the only active villager?

the village was one big failure this game.

You gave up.

You failed the village. If the village is not seeing things clearly, it is your duty to make them see.

You gave up.

You failed the village. If the village is not seeing things clearly, it is your duty to make them see.

I would have been lynched anyway. I could only make it a tie and so killing Lem as well.. and I didn't want to do that to Lem.

I didn't fail the village. I actually found a good reason to lynch someone who turned out to be a wolf. Btw if punk would have been lynched, jonti would soon follow for punk's defense.

edit: It's not my fault the village was inactive and without any understanding of logic.

I shouldn't, but here it is...

<<<<The I told you so dance....>>>>>

best villager sbr??
come on if he would follow me, the village would have lynched punk on day 1...
or was he the only active villager?

the village was one big failure this game.
I didn't like it that you were lynched but it was beneficial to my side. I reasoned that if you were lynched for that silly reason a villager could be set up later on. Also your accusing punkbob didn't help your case :p

You didn't gain support from the villagers, but I do think you gave up rather early. The main accusation was that the GM would not give someone who said he wants to be subbed later on an important role. A completely stupid premise on which to lynch someone. I think that if you had argued you could have escaped without too much trouble.

Also my and punkbob's reaction when we learned of the pack:
punkbob said:
Slinky said:
My first reaction when I learned who was in the pack: nice :cool:

Let's have some fun :D

Yeah, I didn't really look at the list of players, but this almost seems unfair.

Any idea on strategies we should take? And who should we hunt first?

Well I am sorry if the sides were unbalanced but the random role picking gave that pack.

edit: It's not my fault the village was inactive and without any understanding of logic.
The first part is true. Now and then some activity would pop up, but it usually was a wolf and a villager discussing. Almost no completely villager discussions. All those no votes didn´t exactly help.

I really liked playing with Eu_proof btw. Even if I didn't have much time for good RP he joined in, though I still don't know who won the superbowl. :mad:

I wanted to have some fun with this:

Wow, am I glad to see you guys. I thought I would never get of this island. So where's your boat? I have been on this island for I don't know how long. After my plane crashed I thought I would be rescued in a week at the most. Instead it has been months, I have been busy though. Where is your ship, I don't see it anywhere. Did you hear my message, I thought the battery was dead, but apparently it is still working. There are some crabs here who are really delicious, how are they called again. It doesn't really matter, there's fruit. Do you guys like fruit. Who am I kidding there is food on board. Do you have beer, I am dying for a beer. Not literally dying of course, that would be stupid. Who won the superbowl? The Colts or the Bears? Oh my, I am babbling. You can't even get a word in. I am just so excited, I feel like I haven´t talked to anyone in years. My throat has gone all sore. I can use a drink. Let's go to your boat now, okay?

Let's go?

What are we waiting for?
They played the superbowl of 2007 so I wanted to pretend I was on the island for two years at least. That's why I mentioned Vista, it came out around that time.

Well I am sorry if the sides were unbalanced but the random role picking gave that pack.
Roles should not be assigned completely at random.

Balance is key. Even if you have to change your initial "random" choices.

I've played two Lite games now since I started again. The village is much worse than before and the abcense of proper voting analysis based on the voting records astounds me.

Can ask Jonti. Yesterday after I popped up my post with the names properly coloured Itook a quick glance of it and named K-59 as a likely wolf. It really doesn't take that much.

I agree with this. atleast I always do that. it's semi-random. I always ask the random number generator for 2 numbers for the seer and 5 for the wolfs. and than I choose :)

I don't agree, else you can be sure that for example jonti-h, Ironhead 5, Thistletooth and Olaus Petrus are never a wolfpack. When it turns out three of them are wolves and if you go by your rules than the fourth wolf would be a newbie. Since else the game would be unbalanced. I think that if you stray from randomness you cause imbalances in the game.

I've played two Lite games now since I started again. The village is much worse than before and the abcense of proper voting analysis based on the voting records astounds me.

I was rather grateful myself. :p

Can ask Jonti. Yesterday after I popped up my post with the names properly coloured Itook a quick glance of it and named K-59 as a likely wolf. It really doesn't take that much.

The man is right.

I did use vote analysis this game, it got Mr. G lynched :D

It should not matter though.

How could I have known beforehand how the game would play out? What if punky was lynched the first day and the seer managed to get another baddie early on? Anything can happen and one thing that won the baddies the game was the frequent inactiveness and no voting. I couldn't have known that, surely?

I don't agree, else you can be sure that for example jonti-h, Ironhead 5, Thistletooth and Olaus Petrus are never a wolfpack. When it turns out three of them are wolves and if you go by your rules than the fourth wolf would be a newbie. Since else the game would be unbalanced. I think that if you stray from randomness you cause imbalances in the game.

Ware the 8 games I GMed imbalanced? Maybe only Lost...

if you leave it to total randomness the chance is higher it will be unbalanced :)

I don't agree - except in the circumstances of having a newbie seer or a pack of mostly newbie wolves.

Basically yes, but with the caveat I posted above.

Ware the 8 games I GMed imbalanced? Maybe only Lost...

if you leave it to total randomness the chance is higher it will be unbalanced :)
Well, now that I know how you assign roles, it will be usefull in analysis. It means that in your games there never is a pack with three semi-newbies and one experienced player or with four experienced players. ;)

I would have been lynched anyway. I could only make it a tie and so killing Lem as well.. and I didn't want to do that to Lem.

I didn't fail the village. I actually found a good reason to lynch someone who turned out to be a wolf. Btw if punk would have been lynched, jonti would soon follow for punk's defense.

I didn't actually defend Punkbob - that was your misreading what I said. Had I been a villager, I would still have said the same thing, except I would have voted on you too.

You came up with some idea that I still don't understand that Punky had done some form of crovax, when he had done nothing of the sort. The fact that I got support from villagers rather bears me out on this.

I didn't actually defend Punkbob - that was your isreading what I said. Had I been a villager, I would still have said the same thing, except I would have voted on you too.

I did notice it though, but perhaps because I knew you were both wolves. :p