• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JayJJoker

Private
38 Badges
Dec 2, 2015
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
Since I dont wonna make a repost and upload all the files

My game seems to be crashing due to some events, might be caused by the new dlc, but it was still happening when I dispabled the persia dlc.

Any help/thought would be appreciated

Game Version​

Can I ask why you are not on the current game version, which is 1.11.2? Because if this is a bug in 1.9.2.1 it has probably already been fixed in a later version.

Sorry I looked at the past betas on steam and one of the posts below it was 1.9.2.1 and thought that 1.9.2.1 was the latest

i have amended the above post and I am 110% on 1.11.2 (Peacock)

Any mods in use?

Is this crash repeatable from a particular save or saves? Or more random?

No mods used, before making the reort i unsubscribed from every mod i had, deleted the game and any lingering files then reinstalled.
The report if from the same save game (the one attached at the beginning post), except for the last 3 posts as they are with a new save, and the last one is with the persia dlc turned off and new save.

The game will crash just randomly as I play and when i look into the err log it is always caused by some event being triggered and missing something thus throwing a exception and CTD

Last edited:
Well, the error log often has cosmetic errors in it, they may or may not actually be the trigger for your crash.

I ran your 'last_save.ck3 hands-off for 5 game years with no crashes, despite there being many errors like this in my log
[13:27:30][jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
Error: Event target link 'compare_value' returned an unset scope
Script location: file: events/dlc/bp2/bp2_yearly_1_events.txt line: 6535
So the cause is elsewhere, it seems.

"setting_framerate_cap"={
version=0
value="off"
}
Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Hey so i didnt find 'cap refresh rate' so I assume you are talking about cap FPS? I did that and the game did run smooth for about an hour of play but then it did crash in the end. The attached system and err logs are attached, but i do not have a excpetions.log in that folder. Also system.log looks to be empty.

This is a screenshot of all the files in Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs
1702217249911.png

I have also attached the DxDiag.txt and pdx_settings as requested

Attachments

• error.log
    443,9 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    5,6 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    139,5 KB · Views: 0
I know you didnt ask for these, but attached are all the files from the latest crash in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\crashes\ck3_20231210_135949

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    5,6 KB · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    44,2 MB · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
    913 bytes · Views: 0
  • last_save.ck3
    23,9 MB · Views: 0
  • exception.txt
    2,2 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    134,9 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    443,9 KB · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
Hey so i didnt find 'cap refresh rate' so I assume you are talking about cap FPS?
When in the launcher Game Settings menu you disable Vsync, you get a Refresh Rate option (which does indeed set a line in the pdx_settings.txt file called setting_framerate_cap). Please set that to 60.

Assuming that doesn't help, you probably have the bios/CPU issue described here:

Please try that out!