Paradox games (CK3 & Vicky3) keep crashing after a certain amount of time

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Maxxerdude

Recruit
1 Badges
Nov 30, 2023
  • Crusader Kings III
Hi,

I posted this question before via a Paradox support ticket, and they referred me to this forum.

My Paradox games keep crashing after I spend a certain amount of time in the game (~20 minutes). The game freezes and either crashes just itself or also my computer (forcing me to restart my pc).
I have tried playing the games without Steam running. I have tried reïnstalling both games multiple times (clean reïnstall). Updating my graphic card driver. Playing on the lowest settings, Creating a new Windows user, ... Nothing seems to work. Other games work just fine on my pc, so I don't think my hardware is the issue.

I've sent some files over to Paradox support and they found a few "Script system errors" in my error log.

[21:29:17][jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
Error: cancel_travel_plan effect [ Cannot cancel travel plan, you are hosting the activity. ]
Script location: file: events/travel_events/travel_danger_events_joe.txt line: 3057

[21:31:49][jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
Error: set_knight_status effect [ Target character is not a potential knight in the scoped characters court ]
Script location: file: events/councillor_task_events/marshal_task_events.txt line: 731

[21:32:51][audio2_fmod.cpp:371]: PdxAudio2: couldn't set the number of listeners (An invalid parameter was passed to this function.).
[21:36:44][jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
Error: send_interface_toast effect [ Invalid scope type empty ]
Script location: file: events/siege_events.txt line: 626

They told me however that the technical support team does not have the necessary tools and access to address this specific issue. And that the developers on the forum will be better equipped to help me resolve this issue.

I really enjoy playing both CK3 and Vicky 3, so I'm really sad that I cannot play them anymore. If anyone could have a look at this, I would be extremely grateful.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I posted this question before via a Paradox support ticket, and they referred me to this forum.
Are you sure it was this forum and not the Bug Reports forum?

Are you sure it was this forum and not the Bug Reports forum?
Hi AndrewT,

Thank you for your reply.
It was via a ticket on the support Paradox website. You can see a screenshot of the last message below. I was hoping I could find more help here.

Thank you,
Max
temp.png

I see. As you see there they say tech support can't help with this issue - yet you've posted here in tech support! If the developers need to be involved then Bug Reports is the only place that will get to them, via QA.

That said, we don't necessarily know your issue is those errors in that log; there are always cosmetic errors in those logs. Are you getting similar errors in both games' logs? Are there any mods involved?