• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Semnickcreativo

Private
22 Badges
Nov 30, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Majesty 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
I open the game, the music plays then it closes. I have done everything that was told to be done in other threads but nothing seems to work! I uninstalled it clean and added it to the firewall of my anti-virus, then I disabled my anti-virus and added it to the firewall of windows defender and still didnt work. ticked the "compability" thing of the ck3.exe alongside the recommended options in the game launcher and it still crashes at the exact moment! Then I did it all again but step by step before opening the game and it still crashed... I don't know what to do and I can't find out what's the problem :(

update1: The game opens fine when I have nothing but it open, this includes steam itself and wallpaper engine. Haven't crashed till now

Last edited:
Has this game ever worked properly on this machine? Or never yet?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Has this game ever worked properly on this machine? Or never yet?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log
Yes. Updating windows and restarting the computer after meddling with RAM allocation seems to have fixed it, and now I can open the game with other programs open. Thank you for your time though!

I have a similar problem as well. I played the last days without any problems, then the game chrashed when I stopped my run by going back to the menu. Now it won't start again... I reinstalled the game (I tried on two different drives), I veryfied the files several times, I checked on 2 different devices (beacuse I had my game installed on my pc and my laptop), nothing works anymore. I tried to start the game in "debug mode" and it didn't work either. I always see the loading screen, the music starts playing and when the game tries to switch to the main menu, it chrashes!

Any idea to solve this?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    112,4 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    11,7 KB · Views: 0
Always best to start your own thread in future, rather than "me too" someone else's, thanks - you almost certainly have an unrelated cause to the OP's.

You have several LiveKernelEvent entries in that dxdiag, then a crash in your nVidia modules here:
+++ WER8 +++:
Fehlerbucket 1288861940842776560, Typ 4
Ereignisname: APPCRASH
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: nvcontainer.exe
P2: 1.37.3103.4323
P3: 621dbda6
P4: _OverClockingNvc.dll
If you are overclocking your nVidia, try undoing that.

The LiveKernelEvent entries mean the machine or Windows has been forcibly downed or rebooted. Have you seen that, is it related to this game or something else?

And you may as well try a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

If you are overclocking your nVidia, try undoing that.
I have never overclocked anything.

The LiveKernelEvent entries mean the machine or Windows has been forcibly downed or rebooted. Have you seen that, is it related to this game or something else?
No, everything works fine. No problem is related to this i have with CK3 right now. Any other game or application runs fine, my system runs stable.

And you may as well try a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.
I don't run the game on steam, it's on the Xbox App.
i've read these steps somewhere else before and i've already done that, but it doesn't work. I never had mods installed or active.
There is something I found out: so all games from the xbox app/ gamepass are installed seperatley. you can run the games without running the xbox app and you can manage the games on windows as an indivual app. so I searched for the app on the start menu and clicked "App- Settings" and then "Repair" and "Reset" the game files. i've started the game on the start menu (without running the xbox app), the game launcher opens and a message appeared that the game couldn't connect to the cloud and asked if i want to "retry" or play "offline". i chose "offline" and the game starts without any problems and reached the main menu.
unfortunately it only happened once and now the game is able to get a connection to the cloud every time and i didn't found out how to play "offline" again. so it still keeps chrashing on the loading screen and all these steps i wrote above don't work anymore.
if there is a way to reset the gaming cloud, maybe that could fix the problem.

Well Windows has definitely recorded those LiveKernelEvent entries! Something has happened there ...

if there is a way to reset the gaming cloud, maybe that could fix the problem.
You'd have to contact MS support about that I'm afraid!

Is the game installed in C:\XboxGames or D:\Xbox Apps or anything like that? Or elsewhere like C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ ?

If the latter, uninstall it then install in one of the former locations.

You'd have to contact MS support about that I'm afraid!
Yes! That's the problem.
I have found a "solution" for my problem, and the crash is caused by the Xbox Cloud/ Profile synchronization. I have 2 Windows/ Microsoft accounts. One for Windows in general and another one for the Xbox App and the Microsoft Store. The second one is my old Xbox account which I use for gaming on any plattform and unfortunately this one is somehow corrupt, focres the game to crash at start and so it's no longer useable anymore (only for CK3).
However both Windows/ Microsoft Accounts are connected, so I can log in with my general Windows account and still have the Gamepass and other Games I bought available. On this account the game runs perfectly fine. I tried it now several times, it never crashed.
So now I'm finally able to play the game again, but it would be nice to play it on my first, my main gaming account, because this one I use for any other game. I have my friendlists here, I collected achievments and stuff and of course I have lost my cloud savegames.
So, if somebody knows a solution for that, besides contacting the Microsoft Support, please let me know.