• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Aardvark Bellay I'm not seeing this. Perhaps you need to clear your cache? Can you give another example page for me to check?

I don't see it anymore either now, but my cache gets deleted everytime i close my browser, so that appears unlikely to me
to have been the cause.

Ah well, it's gone now. Thanks for the feedback.

@Aardvark Bellay I'm not seeing this. Perhaps you need to clear your cache? Can you give another example page for me to check?

I was on a different computer account apparently.
For whatever reason it still shows up when i visit the console comands page then on the other computer account,

MaintenanceonWikidisplayed.jpg

despite both browsers deleting cache on closing and having the same settings, as far as i can see.
IU8LdFJ.gif

I'm using Firefox. Any ideas ?

If not, thanks still and i will have to....likely give up for now.
MfvvyDB.gif

Does anyone know how i can properly respond on a Talk page to a user ?
I only see editing option and "add a topic".

In this case it's the most recent question of the user here

The answer is by the way 'outdated'.
I checked patch 3.2 and the value got changed in a later patch.

@SolSys
Can you tell me how to properly respond on a Talk page to a user ?

Can i only post in there and not directly respond ?
(see post above for details)

@SolSys
Can you tell me how to properly respond on a Talk page to a user ?

Can i only post in there and not directly respond ?
(see post above for details)
You respond by editing the page.
Sadly, there is no direct way to signal them (for example, by using @USER_NAME) of the answer.
A user will get a notification if a page they marked (the star symbol near the edit option) was updated.

Reactions:
Sadly, there is no direct way to signal them (for example, by using @USER_NAME) of the answer.
A user will get a notification if a page they marked (the star symbol near the edit option) was updated.

Oh okay, Thanks !
I thought there might be some way for direct answering, potentially very clear and obvious and that i still simply miss it.
Good to know im not blind. :D
Cheers

PS: Responded on the Wiki now.
Sorry, while i got WinMerge, i still don't currently feel like comparing the different patch files and changing every value on the page.

Last edited:

I got another little question regarding this, please.

I edited the page to add my response, but neither my account name nor date of my post was added automatically.
I'm pretty sure the account name adding used to be automatic, but maybe something changed or the circumstances were different.
So do i have to manually add my account name for anyone interested or should i have done something different when posting
for my my account name to be added ? So to make it look like Romulien responding at the top of the Talk page.

I know it's not really important and i might be overthinking this (hey we are on the Paradox forum after all), but i find it weird to see
a response without the corresponding user name. Maybe that's the new normal or so and i have to get used to it, but nevertheless
i'm a little confused and would be glad about a response.

Cheers

SP: Here the page again, for reference https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Talk:Great_works

I got another little question regarding this, please.

I edited the page to add my response, but neither my account name nor date of my post was added automatically.
I'm pretty sure the account name adding used to be automatic, but maybe something changed or the circumstances were different.
So do i have to manually add my account name for anyone interested or should i have done something different when posting
for my my account name to be added ? So to make it look like Romulien responding at the top of the Talk page.

I know it's not really important and i might be overthinking this (hey we are on the Paradox forum after all), but i find it weird to see
a response without the corresponding user name. Maybe that's the new normal or so and i have to get used to it, but nevertheless
i'm a little confused and would be glad about a response.

Cheers

SP: Here the page again, for reference https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Talk:Great_works
Hi there,

You need to add 4 tildes (~) to sign your name and date. I have added the welcome template to your userpage which contains some general info.

Reactions:
Hi there,

You need to add 4 tildes (~) to sign your name and date. I have added the welcome template to your userpage which contains some general info.

Hmm..interesting. Will do.
Something changed then or....aaah, likely the automatic name and date adding only happens when adding a new topic,
but not when editing the page. That would appear logical and comprehensible. Probably what i remembered.
IF that's not the case either, then i wonder why i recall that, but err....doesn't really matter in the end.
Or my memory is about editing Wikipedia...who knows...whatever...

Thanks
PyHOUKO.gif

Last edited:
@Dauth

Searching the Wiki doesn't work currently.
Is that a mistake or in context with the Paradox main page and store rebuild that i remember reading about ?
If intentional, how long might that last ?

Reactions:
@Dauth

Searching the Wiki doesn't work currently.
Is that a mistake or in context with the Paradox main page and store rebuild that i remember reading about ?
If intentional, how long might that last ?
I don't know if this is related to a main page rebuild. @SolSys do you have any more information on what's going on?

I don't know if this is related to a main page rebuild. @SolSys do you have any more information on what's going on?

Oh..
Thanks, but i don't realy care in the end what it is related to, just wondered why the search engine seems to be off and if it's known
and a 'natural' temporary issue due to some maintenance or such and hence be fixed in some time.

I have the for me most important pages bookmarked, so i don't have to go through links on the main page and afterwards, but it would
be of interest for me nevertheless....and maybe others too.

Sorry, I'm currently in the field for some other 2 weeks so connection is an issue as is.
I'll raise the problem with the team and start the ball rolling.

Update: Search function on the wikis should be fixed now.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Sorry, I'm currently in the field for some other 2 weeks so connection is an issue as is.
I'll raise the problem with the team and start the ball rolling.

Update: Search function on the wikis should be fixed now.

Thanks.
Surprised noone else noted and reported it before.
That was fast. :)

Thumbs up !

Reactions:
It was fixed recently, but got borked due to annoying bot spams.

Oh....good to learn about that.
Interesting.

#booatbots #botsintothecorner

@Dauth
@SolSys

This trivia entry below
doesn't look like something that belongs into the Wiki, especially without any source and reference.

Trivia​

The depiction of the Great Library in the Great Works menu is modeled after the Library of Parliament in Ottawa, Canada.
greatlibraryTrivia.jpg

How can i alert a moderator on the Wiki if i find a questionable entry, instead of asking here ?
As i'm not a moderator i don't see myself qualified to delete such or should i ?

@Dauth
@SolSys

How can i alert a moderator on the Wiki if i find a questionable entry, instead of asking here ?
You should be able to a "support us" link on the left sidebar. From there you have several ways to contact the moderators.
Whichever way you chose, please be advised that an answer won't be immediate.

You should be able to a "support us" link on the left sidebar. From there you have several ways to contact the moderators.
Whichever way you chose, please be advised that an answer won't be immediate.

Hmmm, i suppose you mean the "Wiki Support" linked page.
So if i want to keep the com private, then via conversation/PM here in the forum, but if i don't mind it to be public ,
then via talk page of the moderator by for instance going to https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/User_talk:Dauth, right ?

I guess either way would be okay or should i just be bold in cases like this and revert an edit myself without asking ?