• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lastik_av

Recruit
21 Badges
Apr 8, 2022
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
I downloaded the Crusader Kings 3, after starting it was lagging. Therefore I decided to force quit from the game

Then I faced the issues with paradox launcher, where it couldn't see my games installed from steam, I tried to re-install it, but now it just won't even launch

I tried to re-install it again, but couldn't find the paradox launcher file folder in /library/Application Support

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 09.10.13.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 09.10.13.png
    63,5 KB · Views: 0
Don't run the Paradox Launcher from the desktop shortcut, as that is a non-Steam mode and will not finds your Steam games. Only run it from the Steam PLAY button.

If the launcher does not start up when run that way, Please delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Then run the game from the PLAY Button in Steam, to reinstall the launcher.

If that does not get the launcher running, we will need these files from that same folder:

Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/

Don't run the Paradox Launcher from the desktop shortcut, as that is a non-Steam mode and will not finds your Steam games. Only run it from the Steam PLAY button.

If the launcher does not start up when run that way, Please delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Then run the game from the PLAY Button in Steam, to reinstall the launcher.

If that does not get the launcher running, we will need these files from that same folder:

Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Sorry for late reply,

As I mentioned, I don't have "Paradox Interactive" folder in Application Support folder
The same error happens when I try to run the game via steam.

I don't have "Paradox Interactive" folder in Application Support folder
That usually means you are looking in the wrong place - there are several Library folders in MacOS.

Did you paste this in exactly as I wrote it ~/Library/Application Support/ , including the leading tilde ~ ?

I followed all of the steps and it worked for one load after closing out to desktop last night I tried to play today and the problem is back. I went through the steps again and now it doesn't load and the error message is shown almost instantly

I followed all of the steps and it worked for one load after closing out to desktop last night I tried to play today and the problem is back. I went through the steps again and now it doesn't load and the error message is shown almost instantly
Your issue is identical to the OP's yet the same steps did not help? Is that right?